“Fantastic Stay at the Ritz!”

The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach
Ranked #32 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
“Fantastic Stay at the Ritz!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I’ve stayed at a lot of Ritz properties and I must say that this is probably my favorite. Our rooms were on the smaller side, but they have recently been renovated so they were nice and clean. Plus, the bathroom was pretty big which is always nice. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, especially the people working at the pool and beach. You can order just about anything poolside or while at the beach, and it’s good (well for what it is). I would recommend reserving pool chairs early in the morning and going to the beach in the afternoon – There were always available beach chairs, but it was harder to get ones by the pool. There is no extra cost for beach chairs but they will charge you $20 for an umbrella.

One of the things that I did not like here was the lobby – It looked kind of cheap and had a weird smell. Also, we always had such difficulty getting a cab. I understand that due to its location, it was hard for the doorman to get us a cab, but it was kind of annoying to be told we would have better luck going out onto Collins and finding one ourselves. Other hotels that we ate at never had a problem getting us a cab. Lastly, there are a lot of children here, which could be a disadvantage if you’re looking for a more relaxing and calm atmosphere…. but if you have kids, they are definitely welcome here!

1 Thank Virginia R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I went with my company as a reward trip and I was very impressed with their level of service and location! The only other Ritz-Carlton I've stayed at is in Montreal and the South Beach location beat out Montreal is every way. The people who worked there went out of their way to make me feel special and the food was delicious. The brunch served at the restaurant overlooks the hotel pool and public beach and fresh orange juice was served every day I was there. Extremely clean hotel and very luxurious. Because of this experience, I want to go back to South Beach every year! Thank you Ritz-Carlton!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We visited this hotel 10 months ago and had a disaster of an experience.
Miami is our favorite vacation destination and the Ritz has a perfect location at the foot of Lincoln Road, so with the promise of a remodeled hotel we decided to give it another shot.
Wow have things changed.
From the physical amenities to the staff this hotel is transformed into the promise of what a Ritz Carlton experience is supposed to be.
The staff, the rooms (remodeled very nicely), to the experience, the pool, and of course amazing weather helped, the Ritz has been redone.
Thank you for an amazing trip, we will be back.

Room Tip: The club level is worth the cash - amazing food all day long is well worth the expense.
1 Thank robertnewyork1
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was my fifth time staying at the hotel, and fourth time staying on the Club level. For only $150 more per night I was treated to a full day of food, and drinks, so as long as you aren't planning on dining out every meal, it can be a really great convenient option. The pool is amazing (be sure to check the mood lighting out at night too), and the rooms and bathrooms, are clean, and modern. One slight gripe--the gentleman who checked me in to the Club Lounge was not extremely welcoming (he kind of seemed put off I was even there), but the rest of the staff was lovely, and extremely accommodating. Late check out?, No problem! (even when I called back that morning and asked for an extra 30 minutes).
Above all that? Best location in SoBe!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Always love the Ritz so booked it for New Years......some what let down. Note that there are only a couple true oceanfront rooms as the hotels configuration and pool do not allow for any more. The rest are ocean view or non and very far away from the water . That was not the worst of it. I was waking up dizzy every morning but felt better out of the room each day. Every night I put towel over the big clock radio inches from my head. One morning I put my towel back in the nightstand drawer so not to waste water ! That night I pulled it out and was overcome by an awful gasoline smelling towel. Turns out they just redid the rooms, the heavy laquer nightstand was OFF GASSING, hence the toxic smell on the towel.I called housekeeping who sent security to remove the nightstand and confirm the stench. No wonder I was dizzy for the first three days sleeping inches from this toxic off gassing furniture. I was very surprised after I complained to a manager that nothing more was done or said after my room made me sick for three days. Other than that the service was sublime all around the hotel, pool, and beach.

Room Tip: Be very careful if looking to be on actual water ! Very few rooms are oceanfrontnand ocean view is v...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Rye, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Just got back from our stay at The Ritz. Great hotel, great location and amazing staff!! We had a great trip and couldn't have been happier than at the Ritz. We stayed in a club level room and the club is an amazing amenity that should be taken advantage of. They serve a great continental breakfast, delicious light lunch and beverages and cocktails most of the day. The staff was very accommodating and anxious to please. The spa was great and the pool deck was a nice change up from the beach for an afternoon. Great stay!!! We will be back

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Plymouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

I just stayed here for the second time. One thing that I noticed is most of the staff was the same as last time. From the door people to the pool bar staff. They are so friendly and willing to go the extra mile. That is always a statement of a well run hotel. The pool is nice and open 24 hours a day. It is heated to the perfect temp for night swimming. The drinks by the pool are very good. The deck chairs are not cheap plastic chairs but rather very comfortable and padded. Buffet style breakfast was average and priced fair for a Ritz. This hotel is located right on the beach and perfect location for Lincoln Road shops and dining. This is my hotel of choice whenever I visit South Beach.

Room Tip: The poolside rooms are the nicest.