“Amazing Staff”

The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach
Ranked #32 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I just stayed here for the second time. One thing that I noticed is most of the staff was the same as last time. From the door people to the pool bar staff. They are so friendly and willing to go the extra mile. That is always a statement of a well run hotel. The pool is nice and open 24 hours a day. It is heated to the perfect temp for night swimming. The drinks by the pool are very good. The deck chairs are not cheap plastic chairs but rather very comfortable and padded. Buffet style breakfast was average and priced fair for a Ritz. This hotel is located right on the beach and perfect location for Lincoln Road shops and dining. This is my hotel of choice whenever I visit South Beach.

Room Tip: The poolside rooms are the nicest.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,201)

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed for around $200 in August and was a great value and experience. walking distance to Lincoln road and the beach walk with much to see. Did not eat on property. Staff was as expected and promptly addressed issue when our first room had a humidifier running when we walked in!?! Granted, our room for the price was a interior room, but we were out and about the whole time. Would definetley do again next summer. Recommended!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Ritz wrote me a week before my stay asking for information about the purpose of my trip, when I was arriving, and whether I was celebrating a special occasion. I provided this information, but upon my arrival, I was asked what was the purpose of my trip, whether my companion and I were "together", whether we needed one room or two, and were also informed our room wasn't ready. When it was ready, it was a great room except for the toilet and shower. The one did not flush properly; the other always leaked, which meant there was a mess of wet towels all the time. Ritz was informed four times about the toilet issue, and it was only definitively resolved at the end of our nearly week-long stay. The final time we informed Ritz about the issue, the front desk said they're really sorry and will see if "another room opens up." We were never asked how our stay was. (Maybe they were afraid to.) A week later I get a survey from an external organization asking about my experience. Critically, they ask if they could forward my information to the hotel with my contact information, which I agreed to. Surprisingly, Ritz never contacted me about my review. I would have expected the level of service we got from a hotel about a quarter of the price.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We were in South Beach for the BCS Championship, and the hotel was at 97% capacity.
I guess they were keeping a room open in case JayLo showed up.
Fantastic hotel, location, food, club room, pool, beach, and particularly staff. The place was full of (mostly Notre Dame) partiers, as were we, and the staff was excellent at getting people quiet as they rolled in at all hours.
There were kids here, and the staff does a lot for them, but South Beach is no place for kids.
The Ritz is not cheap. If you are coming on a budget, don't even select South Beach. But to do it right chose the Ritz Carlton.

Room Tip: Ocean front, of course.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My family of 4 stayed here for two days, one night on January 5- 6. We chose this hotel based on location and were not disappointed. I really like the "boardwalk" and you can walk on it or the beach.

Valet parking: excellent. Even though it was very crowded, It was never a long wait for the car.
Check in - Very efficient

Room: Large room with two double beds and a couch. Plenty of room to spread out. When I return I will ask for a balcony. Well furnished.

POOL: We spent most all of our stay at the Pool, overlooking the ocean. The service by the pool was very good without over doing it. The complimentary refreshements they brought out were really appreciated.

The live music from the bar area below, was an added enjoyment as we laid out by the pool. Not sure the bands name, but kudo's to the person who booked them that afternoon.

BEACH: I do wish they would rake and bury the seaweed, but not a real distraction.

This was a quick but relazing stay. I will go back and stay at this location.

Room Tip: Ask for balcony room
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed on the club level and had a nice view of the beach. The room was comfortable, updated and clean. We had a cabana at the pool with 3 servers who attended to our every need. The food at the pool restaurant as well as the outdoor Mediterranean restaurant was wonderful. Our concierge, Kristen, was amazing. She took care of EVERYTHING. All of the hotel staff were extremely helpful and attentive. We will def be back!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We had a great stay at the ritz south beach last week. We usually stay at the four seasons when on holiday, but were very impressed with the level of service we received there. The room was great ( only complaint was the too- soft bed), the pool area was perfect, and the restaurant had delicious food, and accommodated us with our baby.
I also had a massage at the spa, and was very happy with my treatment, and the facility. Above everything else, the location was perfect! We will certainly be back.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family