“Great location; Nice pool - 5 star quality service/room”

The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach
Ranked #32 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York, NY
“Great location; Nice pool - 5 star quality service/room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed @ Ritz-Carlton South Beach from Aug 3-4, 2012; we reached really early (10AM) and hotel allowed us to early checkin; Property is located at the best location in south Beach - Easy beach access, walking distance to Collins Avenue; Nice pool and pool side service; Drinks were little overpriced, but we didn't mind paying for the top class service;

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SaikapianTraveller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

Recently returned from a five night stay with my husband and two year old daughter. We stayed September 3-8 in a one bedroom ocean front suite.

The hotel is currently refurbishing all of their rooms. They certainly do need to! There is no noise from the work being done and it is expected to be completed by mid-October. If you stay in one of the newly done rooms I am sure you are in for a real treat! The room we had was big and fairly clean but things like the baseboards, shower tiles, wall paper, were in need of major attention. I am assuming that will no longer be an issue after the refurbishment. The balcony was a nice size with a great view. There was a chair, lounge chair, and table that fit nicely. We called and requested a cushion and towel cover for our lounge chair (like they have by the pool) and they found one and brought it up. It made using the chair so much more enjoyable and looked so much nicer! We requested refrigerator, microwave and highchair, all brought with no problem.

There was work being done on the beach directly beside the hotels beach set up. A large fenced off area with tractors etc. pumping sand. It was a huge eye sore and also some mild-moderate noise. The hotel was not aware that the city would be doing this work during our stay and were very apologetic. I am not sure how long the work will take but if this is something that matters to you, you might want to call and find out. The beach attendants were amazing and came to check if we wanted to order drinks or food very often. They brought buckets of ice to keep drinks cold. One attendant, Gustavo, was particularly awesome. He was extremely friendly and was picking up trash off the beach when he had a chance.

Pool was nice size and clean. Open 24 hours. Servers were very nice and prompt.

We are vegan and were able to order a few things off the menus. The staff knew what vegan meant and were very careful about finding out ingredients. Everything we ordered was very good. We ordered a plate of assorted grilled/ sauteed veggies and french fries about five times! Very good!

The entire staff was unlike any I have ever experienced. They seemed genuinely welcoming and concerned about our stay. Anapaula and Rachel in customer relations were outstanding. They really made our stay memorable. Everyone was so nice to my two year old! I sometimes worry that bringing a toddler to nicer places will annoy people -but not here. They absolutely loved her..or at least did a darn good job of acting like they did! Not one staff member every passed her by without interacting with her. She had a great time simply walking through the hotel. The valet, room service, bartenders, housekeeping, front desk....all outstanding!! I hope we can return to stay once they get their new rooms all done! If it weren't for the room condition I would have rated it five star.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank leighbell
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

Booked this hotel for my Boss, who also happened to have his bday during his stay there. He seemed very pleased with the hotel. From my side would like to add - staff were exeptionally effective and willing to go an extra mile. I would espesially like to thank Guest Relations Department (Elmira in particular)!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ana1717
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Traveled to South Beach and the Ritz Carlton during Labor Day weekend to celebrate a friends 30th birthday. There were three of us staying at the hotel. We have to say that everyone at the hotel, from housekeeping, to the front desk and at the pool were very friendly and accommodating. I feel like we made friends with everyone there! Location is great, right on the beach and within walking distance to a lot of places we wanted to see and eat, with the exception being a brunch a Nikki Beach.

Ordered room service one night and when the lady came in to deliver our food, she saw we had flowers in our room. She mentioned how lovely they were and we told her it was because we were celebrating our friend's birthday. She left the room and said she would be back - and arrived with 2 pieces of chocolate cake, a bottle of champagne and fresh strawberries!! It was amazing!

Being from the NYC area I am used to high prices for accommodations and drinks, but even I was a bit shocked at how much everything costs here. Lunch at DiLido for 3 of us ran $70 with no apps or drinks, just water and 2 sodas. We would occasionally order cocktails poolside but at $17 a drink we kept it light.

The pool is nice but on the smaller side and by 1pm it was the temperature of bath water, not very refreshing...

There is a Walgreens and a liquor store across the street that we did make use of while we were there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

If you are looking for a true rizt experience , club level is the place to stay at this Ritz ,and that comes a little short. This place does a good job overall on given it's guest a true Ritz experience but parts of the hotel fall short unless you tip real well, and that I do! I blame management , because this place is set up to hinder employees preformance! When you have the beach waiter have to run up to the restaurant to pick up your food order which is about a little less then a 1/4 mile each time, that a lot.. The rooms on club level are very nice as are the staff but they offer you nothing but basic amenities, nothing like other Ritz we visited! Why? You can barely get anything decent to eat up there. I want to say that the staff is great and they do try hard but I think South beach shouldn't have a Ritz unless they can have a bit more of a private setting and upgrade the property because they are so many better places for the money! The Ritz in Cancun is a much better run place and food is much better, what's up with that? I would stay again only because the staff is real good but everything else needs much work especially the property itself and management !!

Room Tip: Stay in club level we always like that! I bit more private and better quality of service
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Knicpo
Spring, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

My room was a third floor ocean view room. The hallway was dirty. The room room was like a long tunnel with no natural light as the balcony was also long and narrow with high concrete walls. This also made the furnishings seem strange. The view of the ocean was was like what you would see looking through binoculars backwards. The room smelled of sulfur. The shower temperature was either freezing cold or burning hot. My room was not available for check-in at 3:15 pm and again was on the lowest floor even though I had requested a high floor. The pool area and outside tables were dirty. Do not expect a typical Ritz Carlton experience at this hotel!

Room Tip: Don't get a 3rd floor room!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank MRTwx
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

Visited this hotel for a one night staycation with my wife in July 2012. I have to say this is one of the best hotels I've stayed in...EVER! Now it was not cheap and certainly most things were priced at South Beach prices, however the hotel provided the luxury and the comfort that you would expect for the prices paid. No expense was spared and we felt special even though I am positive there were some high rollers staying in this hotel. The location is second to none, right on the beach and placed right on Lincoln Rd-which is the heart of South Beach. The beach was awesome to say the least, weather was great, and the pool stayed open until late which was a plus for us. The pool was beautiful as well. Some great staff on the property included Rosny (Security), Cata (Pool bar) and Bobby (Doorman). We approached Rosny to ask a question unrelated to his job and he went above and beyond to answer and suggest some nice things to do on the property. Rosny even remembered us and greeted us everytime we ran into him in the lobby which made this stay all the more wonderful. Cata was by far the best bartender my wife and I have ever had. He even went out of his way to make a "Happy Anniversary Dessert" for us. He made us feel like we were the only ones at the bar even though we were not. Bobby did something I never expected a hotel would do for us, It started to rain just as my wife and I were going to walk on Lincoln Rd. and he told us to wait a second and actually provided a Ritz-Carlton umbrella for us to use. We didn't even ask him for this but he still went and provided us with this comfort. My wife and I were speechless by the attention the staff showed us and the beauty of the room and property. We will return as soon as we get a break again. Please recognize the staff that I mentioned, they are an asset to your hotel and truly made the difference!

Room Tip: Partial Ocean view with a balcony was nice and not as expensive as the full ocean view. Also try the...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple