The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach
$223
$451
$369
  • Pool
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$250
$217
Official Site
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$379
  • Beachfront
The Miami Beach EDITION(Miami Beach)
$381
$369
  • Pool
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)
$269
  • Pool
Hilton Cabana Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$198
$179
  • Beachfront
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
$264
$246
  • Beachfront
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
$204
$199
$388
$284
Orbitz.com
3,212 results
All reviewsclub levellanai roomsouth beachlincoln roadpool areapool servicefitness centeran umbrellaocean viewbeach stafflounge chairspeople watchingart decovalet parkingresort feercconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Traveled to South Beach and the Ritz Carlton during Labor Day weekend to celebrate a friends 30th birthday. There were three of us staying at the hotel. We have to say that everyone at the hotel, from housekeeping, to the front desk and at the pool were very friendly and accommodating. I feel like we made friends with everyone there! Location is great, right on the beach and within walking distance to a lot of places we wanted to see and eat, with the exception being a brunch a Nikki Beach.

Ordered room service one night and when the lady came in to deliver our food, she saw we had flowers in our room. She mentioned how lovely they were and we told her it was because we were celebrating our friend's birthday. She left the room and said she would be back - and arrived with 2 pieces of chocolate cake, a bottle of champagne and fresh strawberries!! It was amazing!

Being from the NYC area I am used to high prices for accommodations and drinks, but even I was a bit shocked at how much everything costs here. Lunch at DiLido for 3 of us ran $70 with no apps or drinks, just water and 2 sodas. We would occasionally order cocktails poolside but at $17 a drink we kept it light.

The pool is nice but on the smaller side and by 1pm it was the temperature of bath water, not very refreshing...

There is a Walgreens and a liquor store across the street that we did make use of while we were there.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2012

If you are looking for a true rizt experience , club level is the place to stay at this Ritz ,and that comes a little short. This place does a good job overall on given it's guest a true Ritz experience but parts of the hotel fall short unless you tip real well, and that I do! I blame management , because this place is set up to hinder employees preformance! When you have the beach waiter have to run up to the restaurant to pick up your food order which is about a little less then a 1/4 mile each time, that a lot.. The rooms on club level are very nice as are the staff but they offer you nothing but basic amenities, nothing like other Ritz we visited! Why? You can barely get anything decent to eat up there. I want to say that the staff is great and they do try hard but I think South beach shouldn't have a Ritz unless they can have a bit more of a private setting and upgrade the property because they are so many better places for the money! The Ritz in Cancun is a much better run place and food is much better, what's up with that? I would stay again only because the staff is real good but everything else needs much work especially the property itself and management !!

Room Tip: Stay in club level we always like that! I bit more private and better quality of service
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Knicpo
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My room was a third floor ocean view room. The hallway was dirty. The room room was like a long tunnel with no natural light as the balcony was also long and narrow with high concrete walls. This also made the furnishings seem strange. The view of the ocean was was like what you would see looking through binoculars backwards. The room smelled of sulfur. The shower temperature was either freezing cold or burning hot. My room was not available for check-in at 3:15 pm and again was on the lowest floor even though I had requested a high floor. The pool area and outside tables were dirty. Do not expect a typical Ritz Carlton experience at this hotel!

Room Tip: Don't get a 3rd floor room!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank MRTwx
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Visited this hotel for a one night staycation with my wife in July 2012. I have to say this is one of the best hotels I've stayed in...EVER! Now it was not cheap and certainly most things were priced at South Beach prices, however the hotel provided the luxury and the comfort that you would expect for the prices paid. No expense was spared and we felt special even though I am positive there were some high rollers staying in this hotel. The location is second to none, right on the beach and placed right on Lincoln Rd-which is the heart of South Beach. The beach was awesome to say the least, weather was great, and the pool stayed open until late which was a plus for us. The pool was beautiful as well. Some great staff on the property included Rosny (Security), Cata (Pool bar) and Bobby (Doorman). We approached Rosny to ask a question unrelated to his job and he went above and beyond to answer and suggest some nice things to do on the property. Rosny even remembered us and greeted us everytime we ran into him in the lobby which made this stay all the more wonderful. Cata was by far the best bartender my wife and I have ever had. He even went out of his way to make a "Happy Anniversary Dessert" for us. He made us feel like we were the only ones at the bar even though we were not. Bobby did something I never expected a hotel would do for us, It started to rain just as my wife and I were going to walk on Lincoln Rd. and he told us to wait a second and actually provided a Ritz-Carlton umbrella for us to use. We didn't even ask him for this but he still went and provided us with this comfort. My wife and I were speechless by the attention the staff showed us and the beauty of the room and property. We will return as soon as we get a break again. Please recognize the staff that I mentioned, they are an asset to your hotel and truly made the difference!

Room Tip: Partial Ocean view with a balcony was nice and not as expensive as the full ocean view. Also try the Italian restaurant by the name of "Casa Tua." Within walking distance (one block), expensive but worth every penny.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

Dirty, old, poor service.

No AC in some public spaces, elevators etc.

A non advised programmed false alarm in middle of the night.

Very poor concierge tips about near shops.

The only positive thing is the room area and the pleasant lobby.

• Stayed: August 2012