We stayed at the Deauville in March, and I forgot to write a review, so here goes:
We read all the reviews, most of them bad, but had no other options as we were going for a conference. My hub was at the conference while I was able to relax and enjoy the beach.
Upon arriving at the Deauville I was amazed at the lobby. The lobby is spectacular w/ high ceilings and art deco furnishings. There were renovations going on in the ballroom area when we were there. I was enchanted by the history of the place hosting the 'rat pack': Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and even the Beatles! The smell in the lobby is Florida sunshine, pool, beach and history. The pool is huge and there are lots of loungers. The hot tub is large with a middle seat. There are lots of towels at the cabana. The pool bar serves frozen cocktails, a little pricey, but go down nice on a hot day. There is a sweet kitty that patrols the bar area.
The beach is easy to access and there are plenty of loungers and shells if you like the cover. The shore is a bit rocky, so watch your toes!
There were some shops on the ground floor such as a tourist shop, hair salon and internet cafe. The hotel is nearby restaurants and bars. We ate at a little place across the street that served tasty Cuban fare and also at another restaurant with a patio on the street where we could have a beer and watch the action.
We loved our hotel room with a south view looking out over the pool area. The bathroom was antiquated, but serviceable. I loved the walk-in closet and wireless internet was really handy.
The room was affordable and the service was courteous. We really enjoyed our stay and would gladly stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This place is temporarily closed due to a major renovation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Deauville Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Deauville Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Deauville Beach Miami
- Deauville Hotel Miami
- The Deauville Beach Resort
- Deauville Beach Resort Miami