“location thats it....no parking!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Deauville Beach Resort

Deauville Beach Resort
Ranked #160 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
aircargoo
“location thats it....no parking!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

this place has a great huge lobby.very nice at night when busy. rooms are a 5 out of 10....2 FULL size beds. pretty clean but not fantastic. pool is great...little coffie shop/sandwich place out front joined with hotel pretty good. (((THERES NO PARKING)))) $1 A HOUR METER OR $35 A DAY IN LOT ACROSS STREET.....after 8pm streets free but better be up by 7am...lol only stayed 2 nights 3 days i got around it cause i know area....for a couple....great place if your not driving!!!! would pick else where if i get choice next time...buuuut. would i stay again for 2 nights....YES

Room Tip: bigger is better...i got 2 full size beds. a couple would do FINE here.....its not dirty.....i had 2...
    • 4 of 5 stars
Mai B, Guest Relations Manager at Deauville Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear aircargoo,

I would like to thank you on the behalf of the entire staff of the Deauville Beach Resort for taking the time to post your review. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Deauville Beach Resort and that we met your expectations.

We truly value our guests and aim to make each guests stay pleasurable. Your useful tips on parking and room type selection can be extremely useful for other travelers.

We look forward to an opportunity to serve you and your family again in the near future.

Thank you again for choosing the Deauville Beach Resort.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Finnish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Perth Amboy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

It was dirty, dirty, dirty! I was honestly disgusted to even take a shower in the bathroom! The beds were super tiny even if they claim they were queen sized. You can't sleep cause if people are talking outside your room or in the room next door, YOU WILL HEAR. There were dead bugs floating on the pool, and sand at the bottom of the pool. The chairs by the pool looked old and were very uncomfortable. We met just two people who worked there and were totally amazing and nice! Both were Cuban, but I can't remember their names. Honestly, it is a terrible hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear IrisGarciax,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We will take your feedback into great consideration.

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The only reason I am giving the Resort 4 stars & not 5 is due to the parking, to pricey to self park. Stayed in the Imperial Suite & it was impeccable! Resort staff was pleasant & professional. My family & I would definitely stay at this Resort again & would highly recommend especially if you are having a wedding. The ambience of the ballroom, the food & the service are all superb.

Room Tip: If you want space & a ocean view then the Imperial Suite is the room to get. It is stunningly b...
1 Thank LovingLifeHonestly
Mai B, Guest Relations Manager at Deauville Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear LovingLifeHonestly,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your accommodations in the Imperial Suite and that our standard of service met your expectations. We pride ourselves on delivering our guest an enjoyable stay and providing a great value. Although there are many different categories of rooms all offer fantastic city and beach views. I do agree with you however; the Imperial Suite is one of my favorites as well.

We look forward to having you and your family as our guest again in the near future.Thank you again for choosing the Deauville Beach Resort
Jacksonville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

First of all I want to say that Johnathan at the front desk was wonderful. Every other employee was awful, rude, and not accommodating at all. If I am paying a resort fee- I expect the staff to act a certain way and not pawn me off to another employee when I have a problem. I also do now appreciate being yelled at about beach chairs that I was told are included in the room. Just because I am young doesn't mean you can treat me poorly. I am a guest too and paying just as much as everyone else. Lastly- I was charged $60 for not returning towels. Which I did. I was told this would be taken care of and I would be refunded (after an hour of being transferred and telling this story to 5 different rude employees) and it still has not. Which means I have to call again tomorrow. Honestly it may be worth the $60 to just forget the whole experience in order to not to have to deal with those people ever again. Definitely would not recommend. The saddest thing of it all was I was there for a wedding that was at the hotel. And I'm sure the bride and groom expected their guests (in their block of over 70 rooms that they reserved) would be treated well.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Chloemont
Dear Chloemont ,

I am pleased to hear that our front office agent Jonathan provided you excellent customer service as we pride ourselves on delivering our guest an enjoyable stay and excellent customer service.

We are disappointed to hear that your expectations were not met and will use your feedback as a tool to improve our service We offer our sincere apologies if that was the perception at any point during your stay. I wish that I had been informed of this situation while you were still in house as it would offer me an excellent opportunity to address the situation accordingly.

We appreciate you choosing to stay with us for your recent vacation.
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate you providing us valuable information regarding your guest experience.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

The check-in process was extremely slow. How hard is it to check someone in that has reservations?

Most importantly, I can't get anyone to call me back regarding a question I have about the charges during my stay. It seems as though I was charged twice the amount I should've been charged. I've left a voice mail and an e-mail and not one person from the hotel has responded in the 24 hours since the messages were left.

The hotel itself was fine. It's a pretty good value although the resort fee of $20 and parking fee of $30 per day is ridiculous.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank cushybear1
Mai B, Guest Relations Manager at Deauville Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear cushybear1,

We appreciate you choosing to stay with us for your recent vacation.
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Check in was such a horrific experience on so many level including: took 2 hours to check in, absolutely no help with luggage, no valet, ZERO customer service, long lines, RUDE employees who personally insulted me, NO COOLERS, horrendous traffic. The rooms were nothing special with chipped paint everywhere. My family and I were so upset we were about to leave when customer service manager, Mai saved the day. The hotel may receive 1 star for hotel stay however Mai deserves 5 stars for her efforts. MAI IS THE ONLY REASON WHY WE DIDN'T STORM OUT. We spoke to her on the phone for 30 minutes while she providing us solutions. She then went out of her way to make sure she personal met with us. THANK YOU MAI!!!!

On a funny note, they have a sign as you walk through the door in the corner saying, "For your own safety, NO COOLERS ALLOWED." My safety? Really? Mai said it was hotel policy because coolers leak and therefore people can slip in the lobby. Meanwhile people are walking around dripping in wet bathing suits. CAN WE SAY OXYMORON???

On happier note, we attended a wedding at the Deauville on July 5th and it was absolutely stunning. The venue was top notch, the food was delicious, and overall it was great fun.

1 Thank Sabrina A
Dear Sabrina A,

Thank you for your kind words as well as your candor regarding your recent stay. I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you and your parents again for giving me the opportunity to have you as our valued guests.

I know we got off to a bumpy start with the long lines during this weekend and the cooler issue. We did in fact experience a high volume of arrivals in odd spurts during the an hour prior to check in until an hour past check in. it was definitely quite a turnout of wedding attendees and locals for the fourth of July festivities. I agree with you on all points that we discussed that day. You made some very good observations. Your father was also insightful and provided me some helpful suggestions from his perspective.

Per our conversation I will continue to make a conscious effort to improve our customer service in all areas of our Hotel. We have many new team members in place to assist with these efforts. We hope to one day have a chance to exceed your expectations as we are making not only procedural changes but changes to the décor as well.

I am however pleased to know that the wedding was a success. The guests of the bride and groom and the ballroom were stunning. I enjoyed seeing how beautifully the wedding attendees were dressed. We are very proud of our catering and F&B department. Glad to know they made the occasion enjoyable for all. We appreciate your friends and family choosing to stay with us this past weekend for the wedding.

It was truly a pleasure to meet all three of you.

Mai-
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I was scared because of the reviews but we did it anyways we stayed for the 4th of July weekend and had a great time. The rooms were the new renovated ones and the pool and beach were perfect. For the price at the Beach you cant get any better than this. PPL expect too much and dont want to pay top dollars. you get what u pay for. it was awesome..

Room Tip: 1403 was awesome
1 Thank rebel1712
Dear rebel1712,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay as our valued guest here at the Deauville Beach Resort.

We pride ourselves on delivering our guest an enjoyable stay and providing a great value. Although there are many different categories of rooms all offer fantastic city and beach views. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

Thank you again for choosing the Deauville Beach Resort