“Front desk was actually good, just the rest of the staff were shady. They were unhappy employees therefore they treated there cu”

Deauville Beach Resort
Ranked #171 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Will never stay here.
Front desk was actually good, just the rest of the staff were shady. They were unhappy employees therefore they treated there customers very poorly.

Bogus charges, 7.00 to check in bags at bell desk.

Unessery

• Stayed April 2014
Mai B, Guest Relations Manager at Deauville Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Thank you for posting your review. We appreciate you providing us valuable information regarding your guest experience.

Thank you again for choosing the Deauville Beach Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
  • Finnish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
my suitcase
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

The Deauville clearly had its hayday 50 years ago. Its fine, not unsafe. But my neighbors were spring breakers with no regards for anyone and the paper thin walls and heavy doors that slam don't help.
My water just intermittendly stopped working throughout a shower and there was seaweed in my coffee maker.
So far the front desk hasn't offered a refund on the $20/day resort fee at the least.

But, the pool is nice, with plenty of chairs and the bartenders at the tiki bar are great.

If you're on a mid-range budget and will sacrifice quiet and class, this is the place for you. Hotels.com had the best price.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank aocarolyn

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed April 4, 2014

The room was very outdated and had an adjoining door that was not sound proof at all. I could hear every word my neighbors were saying, very invasive!!!! There was no menu in the room for room service and staff always seemed bothered and didn't want to accommodate my needs.Employees very rude, I tried calling front desk several times, no answer. Went to front desk to complain about my room and again, no help. When I was leaving I called concierge to come up to help with bags, again no answer. I drug two of my bags down myself and asked the bellhop to hold my bags so I can get my other bags. He immediately asked for $5 to hold them and didn't offer to help me get the others. I went to the front desk to get help and explained all of my disappointments with my stay and all I got was "sorry"!!!! Sorry doesn't fix the horrible service and stay I had. The very worst resort experience I ever had :(
The only good thing about this place was the restaurant staff, my waiter and his manager were very polite and attentive to us,Thank you Oscar and Alberto for your kindness.I hope the rest of the hotel staff learns from you guys.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Miami, Florida
Reviewed April 2, 2014

The service is amazing. No matter what the situation, they are always there to help. A great resort to spend at wether with friends or family. I had an amazing time with my friends and family. The children loved the beach and the pool. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Thank you Deauville Beach Resort.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank yamile c
Thank you for posting your review.

bretton woods
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I read the reviews before I went there and I was very sceptical when I arrived. But, boy was I pleasantly surprised. The staff was friendly, the room was so clean!! All the staff was willing to help and I had the time of my life with my friends :) thank you Deauville beach resort!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank sthandokuhle

Reviewed March 31, 2014

They are tricky hotel bad rooms unclean and old bathroom striped doors may installed b4 50 years
You have to pay for the parking 30$ daily extra to room price as well as 20 $ daily because there is a safety lock in each room imagine this even if you didn't use the gym or beach

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Adel H

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 29, 2014

My family and I stayed here in January. The weather was great, the beach was great, the resort was great! Good services was provided. Its located in a nice area with many restaurants around the resort. It is right on the beach so that's always a plus. There is a grocery store down the street, which came in handy. It is very close to Lincoln center! We had two rooms here. The rooms were nice and clean. We had a great view of the beach. This place is beautiful!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family