“One word... Disappointed”

Deauville Beach Resort
Ranked #170 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed at Deauville Beach Resort for 12 days and were very disapointed with what we got. The hotel has 4 lifts and only one worked for most of our stay with made it very inconvenient and time consuming as you could wait for the lift for up to 20 minutes especially when they put you on the 16th floor, and getting down was just as bad. The room was not as nice as it was in the pictures online even though we had the ocean view. The ocean view was not at all enjoyable as the air conditioning was too loud and produced heat so it made it very uncomfortable to sit outside. The pool was discusting and you needs a thorough clean and chemicals as there was hair all throughout the pool and white bubbles and other green gunk
It made me want to vomit looking at it. The service of the staff was polite and friendly but did not make up for the bad hotel. The buffet breakfast was poor as well as there was not a big variety especially for people with food allergies eg. Nuts, dairy, Gluten etc. The hotel is in a nice location but thats about the only positive, and the beach was nice, but hey the beach doesnt belong to the hotel and was just as nice along the whole strip at any other hotels
Oh and one final thing, guests are made to wear irritating wrist bands everywhere in the hotels. And on the weekends the hotel turns into a night club where people who arent apart of the hotel get to come in, use the pool, the bar and be noisy and drunk and disturb the guests who actually pay money to stay at the hotel and want to have a peaceful and relaxing stay. And at that time hotel security are very rude to guest's about wearing a wrist band and won't be aloud to walk abouy freely as there's non hotel guests at the resort. This hotel has some serious re-evaluating to do to keep guests happy. I also wouldnt reccomend this hotel for anyone with kids and wouldnt reccomend this hotel in future.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank NK-review2013
Write a ReviewReviews (4,734)

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I don't normally leave a review but I thought I would give everyone the heads up before choosing this resort.
We had the beach view on the 16th floor room number 1619. The view is amazing from the balcony. The location of the resort is pretty good and there is a few nice restaurants walking distance. The pool is shocking! When we went to use the pool, the pool had some kind of goo in it with hair and I wouldn't want to know what else. We didn't use the pool for the entire 12 days we stayed. The beach is amazing and the water is always warm. The hotel does provide sun tanning chairs to use on e beach. The hotel makes you wear a wrist band if you want to use the pool or beach which is annoying and leaves a nice tan mark. The hotel has these pool parties on weekends which is a joke. If you plan on taking kids with you I would strongly advise not to, as the locals that come in pretty much wear nothing for the imagination. You can't get a chair as they get all taken. The hotel has 4 lifts but you have to wait up to 5 minutes at a time to get a lift as not all lifts work.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stay there only 3 days.
The rooms were clean also the swiming pool.
But it was a completely mess to get to your room. the elevators were not enough to the amount of people. there were queues at the door of each elevator.
On the other hand the check in process and check out process was very fast.
If you want to be close to de beach it the hotel, but be worry for the amount of elevators.

Room Tip: on the 2nd floor not any higher ....
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I went to the resort for a one night stay on Saturday Oct, 11th 2013 along with a large group of high school rowers. From the onset I was not impressed. As an avid traveler, we found it highly unusual that our credit card was charged upon check in. We had reserved a 2 bedroom suite well over a month in advance and were charged for our reservation. When assigned room 616 which is NOT a SUITE we where very surprised. The room was extremely dirty and very vacant. The beds were made with cheap white sheets only. No bed cover or blankets to even attempt a boost in barren décor. The carpet was old and felt tacky to the touch. There were large stains and even a cut out repatched area of carpeting that was in plain view. There were no drawers or hotel information as you normally find in a room. The phone was even an issue. There were no instructions on how to reach any part of the hotel staff accept a small card written solely in Spanish. My guess is they wanted to avoid any complaints.
We decided to stay in the room only because we had been told the hotel was full and figured we would address our issues upon checkout. Later in the evening we returned to the hotel to find the hallway was filled with an odor of burnt marijuana. As a police officer myself, I was able to track the smell to one of two adjacent rooms. As we entered our room and wanted to call for hotel security, of course we were not able to. I dialed every number on the Spanish card and got no answer at any of the extentions.
The worst part however was yet to come. I found two very cheap blankets in the distgusting closet. Upon opening them I discovered HUMAN FECES on them. My husband attempted to lock our exterior balcony door only to find the lock was broken. Completely irate at this point we attempted again to call for assistance. Again no answer.
Upon checkout we showed the photographs we took to the staff and voiced all of our nightmarish encounters only to be told. "I am sorry" " I will now be billing your credit card company an additional resort fee". They refused to correct even the mistake of billing us for a suite when clearly we stepped into a roach hotel. I have been trying to reach the owner or hotel manager now for three days and they are refusing to return my calls.
The staff was very rude and non accommodating to say the least. The hotel is absolutely filthy and my next phone call will be to the health department. Please do not throw your money or waste valuable vacation time in this dump.

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank KarlaSmall
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I enjoy this hotel to the up most. Everything about it was worth the price (which was not bad for what I got). I had a PERFECT view of the beach and the staff was friendly. They had a shuttle to take me to the malls and had taxi waiting for my trip back to the airport.
The beds were comfortable and did I metion the PERFECT view again. I have plans to return back to Miami and Deauville Beach Resort will be the place I will be staying again.
On a scale of 1 thru 10...this place is a 10

Room Tip: Pick a room with the view of the beach
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I am a high school rowing coach. We had a race and stayed at the Deauville Beach Resort. Along with my 85 rowers staying there the hotel was also hosting a wedding; there was a pool party and some type of photo shoot going on. A parent checked all of the rowers and coaches in when we arrived on Saturday and we were leaving Sunday. My team booked a block of rooms for this event. At 2 AM I heard someone using a key card to get into my room. After the person successfully unlocked my door they then tried using a hanger to undo the dead bolt. I called the front desk to alert them to what was happening, closed the door and told the person to go away--the room was taken. At 2:30 I was called by the front desk and asked what room I had switched from (none, this was the only room I had been in) and was told that I wasn't registered in that room. I informed them that my team had booked the rooms and that I was in the room and had to be in the lobby at 6 AM to greet my rowers so to please stop calling. At 3 AM there was knocking at my door. I ignored it for about 10 minutes, got up and told the door that their friends were not in my room and was told that it was hotel security and that I had to open my door. I told them that I wouldn't open the door and was told that they had a key and would open it. I told them that I wouldn't suggest doing that, and then I called the front desk and was told that I was not registered, had not paid and that I would have to vacate the room. I grabbed my cell phone, put on my shoes and went to the front desk (I was on the 9th floor). I told them that my organization had booked the rooms and paid for them with a credit card, my name was on the keys and the room number was there. I then spoke with the night time manager and she said the same thing that the other guy said. I then called the office manager for my organization and told them to give them a credit card number or something that I really needed to sleep before the regatta. The manager spoke with my office manager and told me that it was a misunderstanding. I went back to my room (it was now 3:30), tried my key and it no longer worked. I had to go back to the front desk and get a new key so I could get into my room. It was a nightmare. There were many "I'm sorry for the inconvenience" but no real apologizes. I am very disappointed in the service at this hotel and would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Whitney T
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Believe reviews. Inefficient, unfriendly staff (with few exceptions) and subpar accommodations at a beautiful beach. Resort fee that did not cover beach chairs, refused face towels (maids "use for wiping counters"), floors never vacuumed, sheets not changed, old hotel interior, great gym.

Stayed: October 2013