“At the Top of the Chart”

Deauville Beach Resort
Ranked #170 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stayed here for my prom with a group of friends as well as my parents, and everything was expectional. We had a junior suite room, with excellent service that made my stay enjoyable. The customer service was also very helpful answering questions, always having a smile on their faces. Both the hotel and staff made my stay go smoothly and I can definitely say, this is 5 stars! If you want a perfect get away or just need a comfortable place to stay, this is your place!

• Stayed: November 2012
Alicia G, Public Relations Manager at Deauville Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Sam,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of The Deauville Beach Resort!
Reviews such as these make us very proud as we strive daily to over deliver on customer service and hospitality.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future, for another Top of the Chart Stay!

Best regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (4,734)

Reviewed August 24, 2013

they charge an outrages hotel fee and charge u fee on top of the hotel fee. you pay a hotel fee nothing the beach u go on is not a private beach anyone can go there the only thing is they give u a chair the internet is free but its included in the fee.the hotel room is dirty the vents are dirty the bed was being held by bricks, they charge u 30 dollars a day for parking. the front desk are mean and rude like they hate there jobs and they all say that the owner is cheap and wont pay to get stuff fixed so sad that they say that about the owner this was one of the worse experience i ever had it all seems nice in the beginning but once u star there it all goes to crap. the pool dirty no body there to clean it.. also u are not allowed to bring in drinks from the outside so u have to sneak it in.

Room Tip: the front desk area is very cold
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vinnyc1

Dear Vinny,
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.
Rest assured I will pass your concerns to the appropriate parties so that they can be evaluated and rectified where possible. We want all Guests to experience the high quality and attentiveness of The Deauville Beach Resort hospitality and I apologized if your stay was tarnished. So we hope that you will give us a chance to change your perspective of us by joining us again or please contact me at customerservice@deauvillebeachresort.com
Lets talk, and get a fresh positive 2nd chance.

Dear Vinny,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.
I tried to track your reservation through our data-base but I could not find you.
We regret to hear that we did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is a vital resource for our team. Rest assured I will pass on the concerns to the appropriate parties so that they can be evaluated and rectified where possible. We want all guest to experience the high quality and attentiveness of The Deauville Beach Resort . I apologized if your stay was tarnished. Please contact me at customerservice@deauvillebeachresort.com I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this concerns and hope that you give us another chance to change your perspective of us by joining us again.

Yours in service,

Reviewed August 24, 2013

My stay at Deauville beach resort hotel was memorable. I love the scenery and the staff was very attentive and genuinely concern about my stay. my stay was on Valentine's day it was a romantic vibe, indeed.. i would surely go back and recommend this place to any of my friends, business partners and HONEYMOONERS!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Alicia G, Public Relations Manager at Deauville Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Dear Aneetra,

Thanks for your terrrific 5 Star review of The Deauville Beach Resort. We are glad to have been able to provide you with such an exemplary stay.
It is obvious that your stay was great in all areas and I will be sure to let our staff know your praises
We look forward to the opportunity to host you again perhaps for a longer stay which can provide you more time to experience our wonderful service on the pool and beach as well. Thanks again for choosing The Deauville Beach Resort..
We are always happy to have created great memories!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

For the quick readers: The staff were all very courteous, we never felt unsafe, nice beach, nothing to do at night but two dive bars, you get what you pay for.

In the long run: The staff never gave us any grief and were always kind. The hotel is very 1950's with little remodeling, the elevators are the original Westinghouse 1950's models with some very long waits during check-in and check-out times. The room was large and had seen some updating, the bed was comfortable. The remodeling of the bathroom was done by someone with no understanding of having a mirror over the sink! The mirror was on the wall over the toilet so I had to wet my razor, step back, then turn to the right to see, then repeat. Poor lighting in the bathroom as well. Room was clean and neat. Live jazz lounge was closed the whole time we were there.

If you don't like children, don't go to this hotel. The price attracts many families, but we had no problems with any of the guests. Pool was VERY crowded on the weekends and we got out after we found a scum on the water. The spa was drained on the last night we were there, and I don't know how the board of health lets them get away with the condition of the grout and tile, (I own a property management company). Seriously that spa is in a very unsanitary condition, but you're there for the beach right?

Beach is great, relatively clean, with a cooling breeze all day. The $20 a day + tax resort fee, covers your towels and one beach lounge chair for each guest registered. If you snuck in your kids, they don't get beach lounges unless you pay for them. The umbrella costs $20 a day in addition. There is a waitress that comes out on the beach after 11 that takes drink orders and some food as well, she's very friendly. The cafe serves good food, we only ate breakfast there, $15 for a one trip, and $18 for all you can eat, (buffet), plus tip of course!!!

Be forewarned!!!! ALL hotels on the beach charge $30 a day, plus valet fee, to park your car. Also ALL hotels, restaurants, etc. already add the tip to ALL of your bills. Be careful if you are using plastic because there is the standard open line for the tip, but it's already been charged up above! I was charged a $1 tip in the Loews St Moritz when I bought an ice cream cone, from an ice cream shop, with the guy standing behind a cash register!!! My only gripe about the already charged tips was the breakfast buffet. An 18% tip, and all you do is bring coffee and juice?!! Not cool, not right, and not fair.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Alicia G, Public Relations Manager at Deauville Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Larry, thank you for joining us and for sharing your experience. We do appreciate the feedback, it is through our guests concerns that we are able to understand their needs and implement the necessary changes in order to improve our level of services.
We very much look forward to your next visit and if we can do anything for you please contact
me at customerservice@deauvillebeachresort.com I would like to have a chance to make your stay a truly Deauville experience.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We (family of 5, 2 adults and 3 teens) stayed at the Deauville Beach Resort and had an awesome time. The staff was very attentive and professional and the service was very good. The location is wonderful and is in a great place--close to grocery stores, Walgreens and wonderful restaurants with authentic food! I felt welcome at the hotel and had an opportunity to meet many nice people, including the restaurant staff where we had supper as a family. This was our meeting point at the end of the day! The rooms were clean and the linens fresh and clean. I would recommend it to anyone that is looking for an affordable, nice and relaxing holiday. I will return!

Room Tip: If you are on a tight budget, you can park on the street --- we did and we had no issues with our ca...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Margaret, thank you for choosing The Deauville Beach Resort to spend your family vacation. We try to be a one stop shop for our guests, offering something for everyone.
Reviews such as these makes us very proud as we strive daily to over deliver on customer service and hospitality.
We look forward to hosting your next family vacation.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed at the Deauville Beach Resort the weekend of July 25th, celebrating a festival called "Los Espirituanos". It was a great weekend. Family oriented, excellent customer service and great location. Walking distance to Restaurants, Publix, Walgreens, Public Parking. It has all the amenities to have an enjoyable stay.The staff is always willing to help you and to provide you excellent service. This is our second stay at this hotel and I highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Ms. Herrera, Your kind words to The Deauville beach Resort is truly appreciated. It always pleases me to hear when the staff execute and create the perfect guest experience.
It brings me great pleasure that you were able to enjoy all the wonderful offerings at the hotel.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Deauville Beach Resort soon!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

My family & I stayed at the Deauville Beach Resort its a great place to spend the weekend with family and friends. Staff is very attentive and professional, its located in a great place is near Restaurants, Grocery Stores, it has a Walgreens across the street which it helped me a lot because its Open 24/7 and when you have kids theres always something you might need in case of a emergency. Pool area is super fun they had a Dj playing all kind of music next to the tiki bar. I think this place has great prices for any budget, I loved my stay at the Deauville Beach Resort and highly recommend it to anyone who's willing to have a good time for any occasion.

Room Tip: Standard Room, Oceanfront.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Alicia G, Public Relations Manager at Deauville Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. We are elated that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us at the Deauville. We are glad that you were able to experience the magic of
The Deauville Beach Resort for as we are focus to maintain its charm and class.
Thank you for making The Deauville Beach Resort your destination for vacation at any time!

Alicia