“Would not recommend!!”

Deauville Beach Resort
Ranked #172 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My family and I stayed one night here on 7/13/13 and was not very impressed or pleased at all. Not very much hospitality was given to my family and I as first time guests. Did not have any hot water. Parking was way too expensive and you pay $30 valet/day but have to park your own vehicle to and from a parking garage down the street. Rude people, not very welcoming or friendly they just look at you all weird. Building looks old and looks way better online than in person. For one night I guess it was okay and did the job but would never stay again. Best part about the property was that it was near the beach. Overall was not satisfied with this place.

1  Thank larisa120188
Alicia G, Public Relations Manager at Deauville Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

First, let me truly apologized for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay. It is through our guests feedback that we are able to understand our guest needs and implement the necessary changes in order to improve our level of service.
We do appreciate the feedback and sincerely hope you give us another chance to make your stay a truly Deauville experience .Please give us the opportunity to work directly on solving your concerns by contacting me at customerservice@deauvillebeachresort.com

Reviewed July 19, 2013

My family and I had a great staycation at this hotel on 7/15/13 to 7/18/13. We had a room with a beautiful oceanfront view. The staff from the front desk, luggage valet and housekeeping were excellent. This is an older hotel that is currently being updated and I believe will be amazing once complete.

Room Tip: The oceanfront room is great.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Alicia G, Public Relations Manager at Deauville Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thanks for letting us know that you had a great stay. Your observation about our friendly staff, clean property, and great location is something we take pride in.
We look forward to your next stay at The Deauville beach resort, at the completion of our renovation.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Usually don't write reviews but would like to express my personal opinion regarding our 3 day recent Family vacation stay at the Deauville Beach Resort. I was not surprised by the extra fees as I did the research prior to check in. One thing to perhaps consider, book your reservations directly with the hotel and ask questions regarding your stay. I live in Miami and My Family traveled from Kansas and wanted them to enjoy their stay and the choice was obvious, The weather was great, the staff was very attentive. The view from the room was breathtaking. The hotel is a bit old like most on the Miami beach, because of it's history It would be nice to see a future renovation. I was looking for a Very Family Oriented location and it was just that...........

Room Tip: Most rooms have partial ocean view, ocean front do have balconies. It really depends on how much tim...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your review of The Deauville Beach Resort. We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your weekend here with us.
Our location provides the perfect setting for a family reunion for we have everything you need in house. We hope you will continue to choose The Deauville Beach Resort for your family reunion vacation. Please call me, I will personally make arrangements for you.

Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

+ beach!!! the ONLY positive thing!!

- EVERYTHING ELSE.
self parking : 30$ per night. rip off!! instread we used public parkings in the area. at booking through expedia we searched amongst others for free parking. we were completely surprised when the bell boy said it was 30$ per day but then we could go in and out as much as we wanted. at that price we should get the car serviced too I would think.

no noise insulation between rooms or hall. a lot of hispanic school children and soccer youth teams stays here and the have NO consideration for other guests.

everything is hispanic at the hotel. even as a Scandinavian being tall and blond I am approached in Spanish by all staff.

internet access is at best extremely slow. and i mean sloooooooooooow! most of the time it doesnt work at all.

no decor in the room. a bed, a chair and a table. that is it. fixtures are rusty and dusty and there are mold in the corners.

it is a factory hotel from the worst kind. obscene amount of rooms and get people in and out as fast as you can.

me and my wife are here now and we cant wait to leave again!

to claim this is 3 star is a dirty lie. it is at most 1,5 star just above a sleezy motel standard. the lobby looks nice but with 200 school children there 24x7 it is not a place i want to stay. this is more a youth summer camp and not a 3-4 star hotel

i will write reviews everywhere else to make people not stay at this lousy hotel.

we will never return to this place again.

Alicia G, Public Relations Manager at Deauville Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Please accept my apologies for the disappointment you experienced during your stay.
I'm sorry you did not reach out to our front desk agents regarding your complaints.
We would have taken the appropriate actions to accommodate you. We do have different events during the summer with school children visiting from other countries, they come to enjoy Miami Beach. We at The Deauville Beach Resort, take pride in ensuring our Guest satisfaction. you are a priority. We need your communication, while in-house ,so we can meet your expectations.
We are a multicultural and family friendly.
Parking in Miami Beach is a challenge: even public parking has a fee, if you don't feed the meter you will get a ticket. Most hotels have a fee and ours is a very fair.
I truly apologize for any frustration you might have experienced, I welcome the opportunity to discuss the details mention above.
We at The Deauville beach resort, strive on excellent service. Thank you for your constructive criticism.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I was very satisfied with my stay at the Deauville. I had an Executive Oceanfront room on the 16th floor, and for the price it was very nice! The view was to die for. The room was spacious had a mini fridge and safe. The Hotel was a little outdated... But I think it added "character" to it. All the staff was courteous and friendly. There were no hidden fees, everything was explained upfront. Yes there is a $20 a day resort fee, but try to find a place in Miami that doesn't have one! For a cab ride to South beach was $18 one way or you could take the bus for $2. Plenty of food options around the hotel. Pool was huge and heated, but why use it when you got the ocean!The Bar was nice and they served drinks on the beach. Would definately go back to Deauville!

Room Tip: Higher floors are renovated and get an oceanfront if you can... you won't regret the view!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your review! What a vivid description of your stay here at The Deauville Beach Resort providing memorable experiences is our driving force amongst our team, in ensuring that your stay is flawless.
We are excited that you enjoyed the ambiance of our historical hotel, experiencing the magic of a different era combined of the yesteryears with the flavor of all our multicultural guests that adds the flavor of the present era.
On behalf of us all at The Deauville Beach resort thank you, we hope to welcome you back soon,
so you can have your cocktail by the Oceanside,certainly you should come back for another.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

The hotel looked a thousand times better in the photos than in real life. The only thing that kept its truth is the pool and beach side. Nonetheless, I found it expensive and old. It looked like the 70´s had freezed on that hotel but without much luxury. I would not return.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind and honest review. We agree with you completely and applaud your
sensitivity in the way you expressed "the truth" if you aren't a fan of period architecture (Art Deco) Aside from our great location, we feel that we offer the best value on Miami Beach. Thanks again for your constructive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again at The Deauville Beach Resort.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

People, I seriously don't get where all these bad reviews come from... If you look at the prices of hotels around Deauville you will see that those are +$50 and up... If you want an exceptional service and fake smiles around you then please pay $300 per night and be happy!
In September 2012 we had a great vacation in Deauville. We paid a little more than $800 for 8 days and yes we were not too happy with the resort fee but you get to have beach towels and beach beds.
I love the location! Not too crowded, safe area, the beach is right here! I loved the drink and food service while you are tanning, and all the waiters were polite and helpful!
The lobby is beautiful -- big, very cool and light.
The pool does need some renovation but we did not care about it since we came exclusively for the ocean.
Our room was the cheapest so I didn't expect it to be something amazing, the most important thing is that it was always clean!
We booked an ocean front room there for August for 10 days and I'm counting the days!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and being such a loyal Guest!
Your kind words for The Deauville beach Resort are truly appreciated.
We're very happy that we provided more than you expected and that you noticed our
emphasis on service. We are looking forward to your next stay. You will always be welcome at
The Deauville Beach Resort!