“My favorite hotel in Miami Beach!”

Deauville Beach Resort
Ranked #167 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
“My favorite hotel in Miami Beach!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

People, I seriously don't get where all these bad reviews come from... If you look at the prices of hotels around Deauville you will see that those are +$50 and up... If you want an exceptional service and fake smiles around you then please pay $300 per night and be happy!
In September 2012 we had a great vacation in Deauville. We paid a little more than $800 for 8 days and yes we were not too happy with the resort fee but you get to have beach towels and beach beds.
I love the location! Not too crowded, safe area, the beach is right here! I loved the drink and food service while you are tanning, and all the waiters were polite and helpful!
The lobby is beautiful -- big, very cool and light.
The pool does need some renovation but we did not care about it since we came exclusively for the ocean.
Our room was the cheapest so I didn't expect it to be something amazing, the most important thing is that it was always clean!
We booked an ocean front room there for August for 10 days and I'm counting the days!!!!

• Stayed September 2012
Alicia G, Public Relations Manager at Deauville Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and being such a loyal Guest!
Your kind words for The Deauville beach Resort are truly appreciated.
We're very happy that we provided more than you expected and that you noticed our
emphasis on service. We are looking forward to your next stay. You will always be welcome at
The Deauville Beach Resort!

Best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
  • Finnish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Came back from Key West, from a 5 day trip and decided to spend my last day in Miami beach to relax and what a disappointment, everybody in that hotel was rude, the towel guy especially. The room was horrible the sheets were dirty and shower had hairs all over.
You will pay for $20 for towes and $30 for parking and of corse they will not tell you this when you book it.
Nerver again

• Stayed July 2013
Alicia G, Public Relations Manager at Deauville Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Please accept my apologies for the disappointment you experienced during your recent stay at
The Deauville Beach Resort. I assume that you reserved through a third party, you are only charged room & tax, unfortunately they forget to advise you, about our resort fee and parking rate. The $20 resort fee is explained at the time of check-in by the front desk agent and a paper for you to sign for approval is provided. parking is a challenge at Miami Beach, we are fortunate
to have an accessible parking facility. Our fee is very fair.
Your complaint has been directed to the appropriate department.
Your patronage is important to us. We hope that you'll give us another chance to change your perspectives of our hotel.

Best wishes

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 12, 2013

By far is being the best hotel I stayed in :) I am a florida resident and the attention everyone gave me and my soon is the best of all , I will recommended with my eyes close if you are comming to Miami Beach is the best place you can stay in, love it......

Room Tip: Do not hesitate to call if you have any question the saff is very helpful and will make your vacatio...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review. We are elated that you and your son enjoyed your stay here with us at The Deauville Beach Resort. . We strive to have all our Guests leave our property with a positive and memorable experience. It pleases us that you felt a warm welcome from all of the staff. Thank you once again for your review and recommendation.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards,
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels around the world. If you arrive by car and want to park, they charge you $30 per day and you have to park it yourself. That's right, $30 per day, not for valet but self-service parking. With the exception of a handful of rooms, this hotel has not been renovated in at least 50 years. The rooms are painted prison gray. Some have no pictures or mirrors. None have even a bureau of draws for your clothes. The carpet in the rooms are ripped, soiled, filthy and smell like mold. Oh yes, there is mold. We had two adjoining rooms and when we opened the connecting doors, the doors and jambs were completely molded over. The beds are old and creaky. The floors were filthy. When my father in law went to his room for the first time, there were dirty towels in the bathroom. The bathroom has no tissue box. Instead, this hotel thinks it is okay to have the made stuff some tissues in the center of an extra toilet tissue roll. Disgusting.

At first, the hotel gave us keys for our rooms that did not work. The keys were half the size of the locks. When we asked for replacements to be provided, the bellhop that delivered them said, "Why did those idiots at the front desk give you the wrong keys? Those are for different rooms with different locks."

The only positive for this hotel is the view from some of the rooms of the ocean. This dump is not worth spending $0.01 on. I have stayed in Days Inns and Holiday Inn Expresses that were 5 diamond hotels compared to this place. I am sure that any positive reviews you read are from people that may have stayed in the handful of newly renovated rooms that are available but hard to come by or who simply enjoy living in squalor.

I could not tell you about the food because given the filthy condition of the hotel, there was no way I was eating anything from this place. I am sure the kitchen must be as filthy as the rest of the place.

Simply put, do not waste your time or effort on this place even if it is the cheapest available. Spend a little extra and get a decent room elsewhere. This place is disgusting and would be overpriced at $1 per night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Neal C
Dear Neal,
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at The Deauville Beach Resort. We sincerely apologize we did not meet your expectations during your recent visit with us. We strive to have all of our Guests leave our property with a positive and memorable experience. We have made several property updates throughout the hotel and have many more in stores in the coming months.
We would love the opportunity to have you experience our services again the next time you are in town, in order to provide you with the true The Deauville Beach Resort accommodations.

Best wishes
Miami, Florida
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Horrible service staff all around rude, with the exception of the beach staff. A customer service training would be helpful, not an option on going back there again...my mom fell out the elevator due to a broken tile, we had several rooms there and my sisters room had a leak on the balcony air conditioner and they took a bucket so the water would spill instead of fixing it or changing her room, my friends room was freshly painted and her luggage and hands were full of paint, oh yeah and they wanted to charge me $5.00 per bag on Sunday just to hold them while I stayed in the pool for a while after check out. Recomadation to Miami travelers there's much better options.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Evelyn18miami
Dear Elizabeth,

Though your feedback is not a positive one, I appreciate you taking the time to review
The Deauville Beach Resort. I'm slightly confused about the dissatisfaction on your stay as we tried to accommodate all your requests while you were here at the hotel. You are part of The
Deauville Beach Resort family you have spent other fun, exciting occasion with us. It was the 4th of July weekend. I'm not making any excuses, however sometimes there bumps in the road. Hopefully, we can get you back to the hotel, so I would love to turn things around , so you do not stay away. Looking forward to your return!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Me and fiance are here now and can't wait to check out. The ocean front view (which is nice) and deceiving professional photos nab us (BELIEVE THE REVIEWS). It seems as though this may have been a nice hotel 10+ years ago and maybe through an inheritance and mismanagement the upkeep became too much. We killed a roach last night and the room is noticeably not thoroughly cleaned, vacuumed, or windexed (even after asking). Fixtures are rusted, paint is chipped, and it looks like they paint over the mold that accumulates from the humidity. You will have to ask for fresh towels, cups, and coffee. Self parking is $30 per night, we opted to pay for street parking which is $10 per day, free from 6PM - 8AM. Be careful using your card to pay for beverages or food because there is an additional $10 charged to your card to make sure they get their money, I don't know who that makes sense to. If you must stay here I would advise you to check it out in person before you commit or book a day or two. I can't help but to look at all the other hotels on Collins Ave. and think how much better their rooms must be. This hotel has so much potential... =0(

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Alicia G, Public Relations Manager at Deauville Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
It is with great concern and regret we receive this review.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience during your stay and by the way, I don't find your information in out data-base.
The Deauville Beach Resort is a historical hotel, sought out by the movie industry. We have hosted may episodes of Magic City and our hotel is featured in the movie Pain and Gain.
We will take into consideration your constructive criticism and directed them to the appropriate department.
if you give us another chance in the future, I'm sure I can help you appreciate The Deauville Beach Resort, as most of our Guests do!!

Miami, Florida
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We were all my family from July 4 to July 7, nice hotel and wonderful history . By check in , Karina greeted us very friendly. They helped us with our luggage to the room on the 14th floor. The lovely maid all, when we came to the room was always clean. The hotel lobby with bright colors, the pool area very lively, my family likes the beach more, so always enjoyed it. The hotel located in a good place with a Walgreen's in front, we had to visit twice to find some products. The only thing somewhat annoying, but understandable to be July 4, when using the elevators were always full and not in time. For the rest my family and I enjoyed Douville, but next I want to book a room with the beach in front and balcony, that would be the maximum.

Room Tip: The rooms are oceanfront
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family