Deauville Beach Resort
Ranked #172 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stay at this hotel on the 6th of october and Thankgod it was only for one night!!
We arrived early in the morning and were told we can't take your bags or can you have a early check in, don't come back till 4pm. (we shouldn't of gone back at all)
We finally did check in later requesting a king bed and got told to bad you take 2 SMALL doubles or you can sit and wait but I can't promise you anything. We took the 2 doubles as we were tired from flying all night.
The room was right across from the lift, no safe, no bar fridge (apparently these items cost you). The room was old looking with a slap of grey painting on it, the bathroom was falling apart, the shower still had hair in it and i don't think they were hairs from your head!!! It would of been comfyer to sleep on the desk then the bed. The aircon was so loud and didn't even really work.
There is no valet parking and you have to park in the beach parking 4blocks away.
Oh and every single staff was rude and did not pay attention to you or any of your needs.
DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL OR THIS AREA. STAY IN SOUTH BEACH.

• Stayed: October 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (4,725)

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Don't listen to the haters...this place is awesome...great staff, beautiful clean rooms, and a great savings over the other hotels along this strip. The beach area is pristine white sand, the pool is large and well maintianed, and the lobby is a work of art. The staff has been friendly and helpful, and I have found everything I need. Yes, the "resort fee" is a pain, but you're still saving money and the place is great.
Also, if you are a Beatle fan, you can actually stay in one of the rooms that the Beatles stayed in when they occupied this hotel for several days before their second Ed Sullivan appearance, which was, incidentally performed live right here at the Napoleon Room at the Deauville. Personally, I am staying in Room 1219, which is where Ringo and Paul shared a room. Room 1218 is next door where George shared a room with New York DJ Murray the K. At the end of the hall is 1211 where John stayed with Cynthia.
These rooms are ocean view and have spacious balconies with a great view of the sea and all up and down the beach. Everything is clean and comfortable and I am happy with everything.
PS Don't tell anybody but they left one of the doors to the Napoleon room slightly open so last night I took a guitar and stood on the same stage as the Beatles and played a few Beatle tunes to the empty room. Silly, but yeah, I did it. So sleep in Ringo's bed, stand where they stood, or just get one of the cheaper rooms and enjoy the vibe. The Deauville rocks.

Room Tip: Ocean view if you can swing it. Really a treat. If you are Beatles fan, request 1219 (Paul and Rin...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
8  Thank dan0311
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I just got back in from the Deauville last nite and I enjoyed a peaceful stay. Check in was a breeze because of Chris Perdomo at the front desk, who was kind enough to give me a wonderful room with a partial seaview. He was very professional and I applaud the management for having such a good staff member on board. He's definately a keeper! I couldnt have been any more happier with the room, as I love to see the ocean at any time of day or night. I was in room 1638 and the room was clean and immaculate. The bathroom was fully staffed with towels during my entire stay, and the rooms redone, every time I left. I had no complaints. The housekeeper on board who did my room did a wonderful job in having it cleaned every day. Again no complaints there and i want to send her a big thank from the bottom of my heart.
Special accolades goes out to Rafael who was at the conceirge desk, who helped me out on Sunday, to find a nice caribbean restuarant. He even went as far as to print me out a directions list on mapquest without me even asking for one. Thank you. Later on was he was helpful in confirming my return flight
Thank you Chris, Rafael, and the housekeeper for my making my time there, peaceful, relaxing and rewarding...
Kudos to Deauville Resort and Spa for a job well done!

Room Tip: Choose higher level floors. There is a Budget car rental just outside hotel. Also a Walgreen across...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I recently stayed at the Deauville Beach Resort for Miami Carnival Weekend. This hotel is amazing! The staff is very courteous and polite, the resort is very accommodating, and the beds are the most comfortable I’ve ever been in. I had insomnia for 3 weeks before my stay at the Deauville beach Resort. I slept like a baby every night. I almost didn't want to get out of the bed. Plus the resort is right on the beach! I would like to thank Mike, Claudio, Marci and Alicia for all of their help. I will definitely return there on my next visit to Miami.

Room Tip: Make sure you book your room on the resorts web site or over the phone with the resorts guest reserv...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shamieka D
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Vallet parking is never available. Rooms are dirty. Bathroom is horrible. Beach stuff extremely rude. 95% of the chairs was available and they moved away an extra chair from my pregnany wife with 2 childrens. Shame on you. i hope you go out of business. Beach towels are from the times when this hotel was build. Free internet slower then 56kb modem. AC barely works and makes extremely loud noice. Matress is extremely uncomfortable.
Stayed one night, and run away. They did not approve early checkout. Thank god, i paid with my american express and i disputed the charge for the whole amount.
Do not make reservations, don't be tricked by a low price.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2012

i lived in miami previously, and this stay was more of a pain than a pleasure. we recieved terrible customer service. we were not assisted upon arrival. they claimed there was vallet, but their was not. vallet assistances were rude, and after asking for help we were not assisted. there is no free parking, parking is free 6pm to 8am, if you do not make it to your car in time you will recieve a ticket. the shuttle to take you back and forth is never available. no continental breakfast, its nearly impossable to order food to the hotel. you can not bring in coolers. rooms are not as pictured on website, no blankets included. itchy sheets. limited channels on the tv. windows do not open.

Room Tip: do not stay at this hotel, beware it is not as advertised
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed there 3 night for business. Getting an acceptable internat was an issue but worked in the end thanks to friendly reception staff. On the upside is the hotel staff. Some of the rooms are really old. Pool and beach access is great. Avoid the restaurant and go to the normans bistro across the road.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated rooms
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business