“Very nice budget hotel. NO PARKING!”

Deauville Beach Resort
Ranked #171 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Jacksonville
“Very nice budget hotel. NO PARKING!”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Not sure why this hotel has no many bad reviews? You're paying for what you get.
Front desk staff very nice, they guy even gave me 10 dollars of the spa.(never used it, but it was a nice gesture) The only bad side was the parking. A hotel this big should have it's own parking lot. The lovely people at the tiki bar made sure I always had a nice refreshing drink, drinks are pricey, that's to except from a hotel. My room was pretty decent considering the price. Overall I had a nice stay, the only downside is the parking, but the front desk guy said they're currently working that out. Hopefully they'll have a parking lot next time I come back.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
CserviceDeauville, Manager at Deauville Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 17, 2012
Thanks for your wonderful review. We are excited to hear that we exceeded your expectations in all aspects of your stay. Deauville Beach Resort appreciates you recommending our employees at Ti-ki Bar and Front Desk to other travelers. We are looking forward to welcoming you back as our loyalty guest. Good news is coming very soon to inaugurate our five floors Parking Garage. Please return soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
  • Finnish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Lakeland, Florida, United States
Reviewed June 12, 2012

This was the worst experience that i have ever had in my life, A hotel overseas is better than this so called RESORT. Its old smelly and not well kept at all. The Location is GREAT but RENNOVATION should be in this place future, Im not sure how they even stay in BUSINESS, The BEACH is cleaner than the HOTEL itself, Pool area is not so hot either looks like pool needs to be cleaned,

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lesley L
Dear Guest, We feel sorry that you didn’t enjoy the time at the Deauville Beach Resort. Hotel has been remodeled and constantly being upgraded- we did replace carpets, TV, wireless and made several changes to improve the quality of the rooms and services to give our guest the best. For an individually owned hotel we do offer lot of savings and amenities. We take pride in our job and we always read carefully guest comments and we make improvements when there is room for improvement... Unfortunately with the online world there is no confrontation sometimes individuals do everything it takes to ruin hotel reputation. It is disheartening when a guest leaves and feels they did not have their expectations met nor does it reflect the high standards of customer service that we set. Therefore we ask that our guests share their concerns at the time of their visit, that way we would have the chance to address any concerns as they arise. Thank you for your wonderful feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future. Best Regards

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Sacramento, California
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Stayed here for two nights and should have booked elsewhere! Booked oceanfront balcony room and the only thing i liked was my view from the room. DIRTY ROOM! BUGS ALL OVER BATHROOM! DIRTY BALCONY! TV REMOTE DIDNT WORK! SPA NOT OPEN! Bad experience overall wish i would have booked somewhere else for my bday weekend cant believe i wasted my money at this place. No parking not even valet although im WATCHING people get their car valet parked!!! THIS PLACE IS A DUMP DONT BE FOOLED BY THE PICS ON THEIR WEBSITE ONLY THE LOBBY LOOKS DECENT!!!

Room Tip: Book at another hotel!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Albany, New York, United States
Reviewed June 6, 2012

STAY AWAY! Vacation is too precious to waste. You WILL hate your experience at the Deauville.

There is nothing positive I can say about this hotel, except that it is on a nice beach.

From the insolent front desk staff to the malfunctioning elevators - whose doors dangerously mis-open to the deathly perils of an empty elevator shaft (we had to guard our children), to the non-functioing A/C units, the stopped-up toilets, the broken glass on the hallway carpets, the all-night noise from South American hoodlums on a cheap cruise that books at this hotel, and the nasty dining experience, this was ripe for a Hollywood movie to parody the awful experience.

I can't exhort you strongly enough to KEEP AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Jonathan K
Dear Guest, We feel sorry that you didn’t enjoy the time at the Deauville Beach Resort we take pride in our job and we always read carefully guest comments and we make improvements when there is room for improvement... I apologize for the inconveniences that interfered with your stay as you description and great imagination of a Hollywood Parody Dangerous science fiction movie, unfortunately with the online world there is no confrontation, sometimes individuals do everything it takes to ruin hotel reputation. It is disheartening when a guest leaves and feels they did not have their expectations met nor does it reflect the high standards of customer service that we set. Therefore we ask that our guests share their worries at the time of their visit, that way we would have the chance to address any concerns as they arise. In addition our hospitality business is open not only for South American but also for everyone of the world who wants to visit our beautiful City of Miami as a multicultural city with no place for discrimination. Thank you for your wonderful feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future. Best Regards
b'kara
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Don't be fooled by the website the rooms are not what you see in their photos, and are quite run down - they were probably great a few years back ! The staff may be quite rude at times but some of them are quite helpful. We were sent a fax by our travel agent, but it was not handed to us when we requested it, they told us they never got it, since it was quite important our travel agent sent it again. The next day the girl at the reception handed us the fax and gave us another one we had received the week before ! She was amazed at how other members of staff told us they never got it ! Otherwise clean and basic, a few steps from Miami Beach. There are a number of restaurants in the area since its quite central. The rooms could do with a little refurbishment though !

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pacard
Reviewed May 22, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed 5 nights (Fri-Wed) and the hotel was all that we needed. We wanted 5 days of just relaxation and that's what we got. We're low maintenance travelers but this hotel would be great for most people. The lobby's beautiful, the pool's great (could use more variety of healthier options at the tiki bar but the food they do have was good), our room was 9/10, and the location was good. We asked for an upgrade to one of the Executive rooms(renovated), so this may have something to do with it. Our room got as cold as we wanted it(positive) and we had a balcony that backed up to the beach (also positive!). I suggest you turn your air conditioner off though when you're on the balcony though, that thing is loud.

There are just a few restaurants around the block, but South Beach is only a $16 cab each way so you have plenty of options.

The only real negatives was the hallways look real plain/run-down and our shower never got really that hot (luke-warm), but really that's about it. Who really cares what the hallway looks like? The elevators are kind of a pain because they can take forever, and I heard people complaining about the hotels parking situation but we didn't have a car.

But, all in all for what we went for the hotel was very suitable. Especially for half the price of the expensive/over-priced hotels down the street.

Rule of thumb, it cost me $40 per cab ride round trip including tip down to South Beach. Also, we had one of the renovated rooms so this may play a big part in our review.

This was probably my 10th trip to Miami Beach and previous stays were at the Marriott down on 3rd&Ocean, the Loews, the Surfcomber, others.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Rjm686
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I spent one night at the Deauville, and I was extremely disappointed with the way my boyfriend and I were treated during our stay. Before I arrived at the resort, I called the Deauville to make sure my reservation was still in their records and that I had a certain kind of room. I was assured on 2 separate phone calls that my room would be what I requested 4 months earlier. When we pulled up at the resort, we were told that the parking lot was full and that we would need to drive at least 3 blocks to a parking lot and a shuttle would pick us up. The shuttle never came so we walked 15 minutes back to the hotel. When I checked in to my room, the room was not what I requested, and when I called down to the front desk they were extremely rude with me about the situation. The front desk told us that we could continue getting ready for our event and that they would move our bags from our old room to our CORRECT room by the time we got back (roughly 6 1/2 hours). When we arrived back at the hotel, we were told that we would have to go retrieve our own bags from the old room and bring them to the new room because they don't do that. When we arrived at our new room, the keys did not work. At this time it is midnight and we have still not made use of our room. We went downstairs, bags in hand, and asked to see a manager. The manager would not come out to speak with us at that time and we were told that he would contact us in our room. We got escorted to our room by a bellhop in order to assure that our keys worked, but a manager did not call us. We called downstairs around 12:30am and asked to speak to a manager. We got hung up on and then when we called back, the manager answered. He never once apologized for the inconvenience that the hotel caused us or for the horrific service that we received from every employee at the resort. He was very rude and only offered us free breakfast and a late checkout (which is complimentary unitl noon anyway) for our inconvenience, which we did not accept. We told the manager that we would like to be refunded and leave the resort right then, but he would not allow it. He insisted that he was going to charge us the group rate that we were booked under (which was not a discount at all...it is the same price if you book online through their site as a retail customer!) I was also told that my view was a partial ocean view at this time which you are charged more for. The next morning we woke up to dirty windows that we could barely see out of, and the scenery was of the moldy rooftop and the dirty pool. We went downstairs for breakfast to find that 2 of the 4 elevators were out of order. We took the stairs from our room on a high floor to the lobby to checkout to find out that the stairs put you outside of the building on the side. On top of all of this stuff, my CORRECT room had no blow dryer and the shower had an open bulb above it.

The whole experience was terrible, and I will NEVER step foot in the Deauville again. I will also be sure to let everyone know of my experience here. This resort has no respect for its customers and guests, not to mention that they don't care about the condition of the actually resort.

Room Tip: I would say do not choose to stay here at all! The hallways had old and dirty carpet, and it was ext...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple