“Excellent classic, carefully modernized French food”
Review of Pied a Terre

Pied a Terre
Reserve with OpenTable
Pied a Terre is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 1,160 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Cross Street 17th and James Ave.
Description: Located in the Cadet Hotel on 17th and James Ave. Pied A Terre has 11 tables seating 30 people plus outside seating available depending on the weather. We serve innovative Contemporary French cuisine in a fine dining setting. Our menu is always a reflection of seasonal ingredients and local products. We offer a 6 course tasting menu featuring our signature offerings. Our cuisine is always a work in progress and we strive to ensure there are always new and exciting dishes for our guests to sample. Our wine list is unique featuring unusual wines, Boutique wineries from different parts of the world. We also offer outdoor dining with two chef's tables to accommodate larger parties. Our 2 outside patios are perfect for private parties up to 80 guests. We can accommodate any dietary requirements.
Reviewed March 29, 2014

This small, cozy, and pleasantly quirky French restaurant is a quiet oasis in a charming boutique hotel a block away from the beach. The fare is classic French but carefully modernized - e.g., the classic foie gras pate is paired with a foie gras wrapped in potato pasta, and the scallop ceviche is paired with classic yet surprisingly crispy cauliflower. The tasting menu is a good value, as are the excellent wines paired with it; the dessert was a stand-out. Service is excellent. It's the place to go for excellent classic French food!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

The men who run this place are French & are friendly and welcoming. Mgr actually helped with a DC-area stalwart, Auberge Françoise. Modern French executed superbly. Starters - both had the Scallops and Caviar (Cauliflower Blinis, Cauliflower Remoulade), greated white cauliflower with white remoulade with fresh scallops was a lovely white canvas for a dallop of caviar. The blinis were soft and creamy, and I couldve eaten 100. Main course I had the sous vide rack of lamb (Bok Choi, Mashed Potato Scented with Fresh Mint, Lamb Jus Reduction). Lamb was a huge portion and flavorful, and it was tender but not amazingly so. Wife had tender perfectly done lobster on a creamy risotto. A great meal and great atmosphere, escape from the energy of SoBe.

1  Thank Damian C
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Serious surprise. Food is outstanding. The goose liver terrine was impeccable and the rack of lamb sus vid was world class.

Service was very pleasant but the food was a surprise. Did not expect this kind of food in Miami or at such a small place.

Highly recommended

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Most of our meals in Miami Beach have been disappointing, but this restaurant was the one standout exception. Excellent food, and a wine steward that knew just the wine for my grouper and my wife's lamb.

Pricey, but good for a special occasion.

1  Thank MindStorm00
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I admit I am not fond of French food much, this place certainly didn't make me change my mind. I got the quinoa salad with avocado, the non-pan fried quinoa was okay, the pan fried had the gritty taste of dirt, was most unpleasant. I had something else to eat but it wasn't memorable enough for me to recall it. It certainly wasn't the worst place to eat in Miami, but it wasn't in my top 10 either. We ate out a lot during the week for every meal...