“Great meal... but be prepared to pay for it”
Review of Pied a Terre

Pied a Terre
Reserve with OpenTable
Pied a Terre is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 1,157 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Cross Street 17th and James Ave.
Description: Located in the Cadet Hotel on 17th and James Ave. Pied A Terre has 11 tables seating 30 people plus outside seating available depending on the weather. We serve innovative Contemporary French cuisine in a fine dining setting. Our menu is always a reflection of seasonal ingredients and local products. We offer a 6 course tasting menu featuring our signature offerings. Our cuisine is always a work in progress and we strive to ensure there are always new and exciting dishes for our guests to sample. Our wine list is unique featuring unusual wines, Boutique wineries from different parts of the world. We also offer outdoor dining with two chef's tables to accommodate larger parties. Our 2 outside patios are perfect for private parties up to 80 guests. We can accommodate any dietary requirements.
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Most of our meals in Miami Beach have been disappointing, but this restaurant was the one standout exception. Excellent food, and a wine steward that knew just the wine for my grouper and my wife's lamb.

Pricey, but good for a special occasion.

1  Thank MindStorm00

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I admit I am not fond of French food much, this place certainly didn't make me change my mind. I got the quinoa salad with avocado, the non-pan fried quinoa was okay, the pan fried had the gritty taste of dirt, was most unpleasant. I had something else to eat but it wasn't memorable enough for me to recall it. It certainly wasn't the worst place to eat in Miami, but it wasn't in my top 10 either. We ate out a lot during the week for every meal...

Reviewed March 9, 2014

The food here is excellent and so was the service. The cost of the food is high but is worth every dollar because of the quality of the ingredients and attention to detail. The serving were a good size and very filling.

We had the foie gras, lamb chops, and lobster risotto; all excellent choices. It was the best mushroom risotto I have ever had and I've tried a lot.

The waiter and owner were both kind and passionate about their work. The restaurant is small with a quaint atmosphere. I will definitely be coming back.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Snooty, expensive French. Our meal was mixed. One was very good and the other was just ok. The veal was chewy with veins of gristle. Wine steward had serious attitude. Would not go back

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Ate here 6/3 after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor and having checked with concierge. We were not disappointed. The food was exceptional quality and the service complimented it. Good advice on the wine really brought the food to life. This is the place if your looking for a top class meal. I can only think of one thing that would have improved the experience. The "Musak" was misplaced but I didn't mark them down for it.