“Good Food; Quaint, Intimate Atmosphere”
Review of Pied a Terre

Pied a Terre
Reserve with OpenTable
Pied a Terre is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 1,137 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Cross Street 17th and James Ave.
Description: Located in the Cadet Hotel on 17th and James Ave. Pied A Terre has 11 tables seating 30 people plus outside seating available depending on the weather. We serve innovative Contemporary French cuisine in a fine dining setting. Our menu is always a reflection of seasonal ingredients and local products. We offer a 6 course tasting menu featuring our signature offerings. Our cuisine is always a work in progress and we strive to ensure there are always new and exciting dishes for our guests to sample. Our wine list is unique featuring unusual wines, Boutique wineries from different parts of the world. We also offer outdoor dining with two chef's tables to accommodate larger parties. Our 2 outside patios are perfect for private parties up to 80 guests. We can accommodate any dietary requirements.
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We lucked out on our trip to South Beach in that our hotel (the Cadet Hotel) had this lovely French restaurant located inside of it. My boyfriend did his research and discovered that the restaurant inside our hotel was rated as the number five restaurant in South Beach on Trip Advisor. We had wanted to try Bazaar, located across the street within the SLS hotel, or Casa Tua, but alas making last minute reservations at either of those places was impossible. Luckily, Pied a Terre was able to accomodate us for 9:00 reservations on a Saturday night. We were delighted to find out that the restaurant was very small and intimate - the dining room we were in seated 7 or 8 small tables, tops. There appeared to be additional seating outside on the terrace. I would say it was intimate but not stuffy. As we were seated, one glance at the menu had me somewhat anxious. I am a vegetarian and in our haste to make last minute reservations, we neglected to review the menu prior to selecting this restaurant. There appeared to be nothing for me to eat. I don't eat fish, only some other seafod, and literally every entree on this menu included either meat or fish. If you are a strict or picky vegetarian, this restaurant probably isn't for you. Being that I was absolutely starving and we had a hard time getting reservations anywhere that night, and knowing that my boyfriend really wanted to stay, I decided to ask if there was a dish they didn't include on the menu that could be prepared for a vegetarian (which I absolutely hate doing). The gentleman (who seemed to be the maitre'd) promptly told me that he had "a problem with vegetarians," and proceeded to explain why. Thankfully I am not the type to take that sort of comment personally (and am used to it!), so I just quietly listened to what he had to say. He did offer to prepare a plate of grilled vegetables. I politely declined and decided to just get the lobster ravioli and the quinoa salad, which he assured me was completely vegetarian. I'm not necessarily a fan of lobster, but figured I would give it a shot. I'm glad I did - it was delicious! The vodka sauce was a perfect compliment to the tender ravioli and chunks of fresh lobster meat. The quinoa salad was pretty amazing tasting, considering it was just quinoa. It was encased in avocado slices and seasoned with herbs - definitely mint and probably parsley as well. It was so good I savored every last bite and even finished it after my boyfriend finished his entire plate of filet mignon, gratin potatoes (which were really good), and broccolini. We opted out of dessert b/c we were so full, but from what I could tell of the dessert we saw at the other tables, it looked exquisite. My only complaint (the same complaint I had about nearly every restaurant in South Beach), was that the service was somewhat lacking. I felt like at the prices we were paying, the servers should have been much more attentive. It appeared that there was only one server and several helpers, so they were probably busy tending to all of the tables, but still. We were waiting around a lot at the beginning of the meal until we got our food. And the bread - please know that if you are hosting people for late reservations, that they are probably starving and would appreciate bread up front instead of twenty minutes after they have been seated.

3  Thank rara8698

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Had a fantastic meal with family here. Great friendly service all dishes explained and cooked from scratch. Was a little hard to find but definitely worth it.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

We ate at this lovely restaurant Dec 14. They pay a lot of attention to their guests. Our dinners were excellently prepared and were delicious. The room only has about a dozen tables. The wine list only showed bottles, but we asked if they had wine by the glass. Wow. Patrick discussed with us what we were each having for dinner. Then he came back with his choice for us. My husband liked his tasting, but I wasn't quite happy with mine. The host scowled a little bit, and came back with another tasting, which was perfect. He was very happy. We would definitely go back. (it's in the Colony hotel near Lincoln Road and Clark Gable stayed there--they have a photo of him near the door)

1  Thank MaryLou1968
Reviewed December 8, 2012

My wife and I dined at Pied a Terre this past Tuesday and the place is fabulous! The food is very good, it's fresh, flavourful, creative, with Silvia and Patrick going above and beyond as perfect hosts. You would think we had known them for years. The recommended wine was superb and paired wonderfully with our appetizers and main courses. Pied a Terre is a small french restaurant dropped into South Beach and it's wonderful, Silvia, your the best.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Sylvia et Patrick are excellent hosts and will make you feel perfectly at home. the dishes are also "super"!! The hors d´oeuvre de foie gras was excellent.
There could be more affordable wine options though.
Anyway, service and food were excellent and we appreciated being entertained by you. Merci bcp et à la prochaine!!