“EXPENSIVE & SHADY”

Deco Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 4, 2014

It was only my child & I walking through trying to find something for lunch on south beach. Of course they bug you until you walk out of the section in which the restaurant is and we were almost on our way out when we were told whatever the child wants we will make it for her and her meal will be free on the house. I thought well you can't beat that! We ordered, I ordered the Cuban sandwich with fries $15.50 (while ordering I asked if I could substitute the fries for yellow rice and was told no, although the menu did not say no substitutions) so I ordered a separate side of rice $6.50 for myself, a drink $25.00 (price not on menu) and a water $2 my child ordered a pineapple juice $6.00 and chicken Alfredo $17.50. The food itself was pretty good. What upset me was when the bill came. #1 we only seen our waiter when we ordered and when it was time for the check and there's an automatic 17% gratuity added the total of my bill for me & my 9 year old child was $91.36. TALK ABOUT RIP OFF.... I have no problem paying those kind of prices for dinner but when I am told the child's meal would be "on the house" and it wasn't I was quite shocked. I am not one to argue with people so I paid and left but I will not be back as I think they are very shady people. It's a shame because the food is actually very good.

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Seems to be the norm on South Beach to shuffle people in with promises of specials and then try to give them a regular and point them in the direction of the most expensive drink. The food was alright and service was pretty good...the guy was easy to talk to and just helped us with selection...not selling. All in all it was alright, but if you can find a well know chain to eat at, I recommend staying away from the places that have questionable women shuffling people in like cattle. Be very cautious and alert and you should be fine.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Still seething after having been"conned" into eating at this "establishment". Seems they make a point of "fleecing" as many people as they can.
We were told nothing about the "prices" of the specials or the drinks. Seems we were not alone. The service was at best poor and the management attitude when confronted was at equal to the service.
From reading reports now it seems they excel in lying, cheating and providing poor food.

Also note we have first time reviewers giving good reports. Do I smell a rat ?

2  Thank spatan
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Deco Grill was our choice for lunch today. Clam pasta proved to be a wrong choice; expensive and tasteless. The worst pasta I have had for years. Beer was expensive; 9 dollars for a bottle?!? Crab cake was ok, but nothing special. First and last lunch there.

1  Thank Kahtryn
Reviewed December 14, 2013

It was awfull, total scam. 100 USD + tax + hide gratitude for a bad paella for one person. Music loud, lazy service. waiters fighting eachother.
If you are hungry in South Beach, please keep away from DECO GRILL.

1  Thank 727MarioC