“Little expenssive”

Deco Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I felt the price was on the higher side considering other restaurants on ocean drive. The dish was new to me & it was ok I would say. They offer 20% off during dinner some of the times.

There are newer reviews for Deco Grill

Reviewed September 2, 2012

The food was very delicious. Had breakfast and dinner there and was pleased both times. My only disappointment was one of the male waiters that was outside. He was so rude and unprofessional. He was arguing with one of his co workers in front of the guests and that was poor customer service on his behalf. Would eat here again, but with a different waiter.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

A replete from my Google review - We got scammed by this restaurant. If you decide to eat here, ask for the check before consuming anything.

Went to have lunch with my family. While ordering the waiter told us about a special going on where a European course was being prepared in a special way due to some type of celebration and that it was being offered for only $16. I saw on the menu that the regular price for this course was $29 so we went ahead and ordered it.

The food was OK and the service was pretty good, but when it came to paying the check, the price was a lot higher than I had ballparked it while ordering so I went through the itemized list and noticed that our special course was priced at $69. When discussing this with our waiter, he stated that he had given us a price of $69 and we had just had to much alcohol to drink. That got me really angry because the only alcohol I had that day was one cocktail with my food. Other family members also heard the waiter quote the $16, including one that had not had any alcohol to drink.

I asked for the manager who refused to adjust the bill by the $55 error, but offered to decrease the check by $20. I had never been in a position like this before and after arguing with the manager called the police who came by and said there was nothing I could do except pay the bill as I had already consumed the product being billed for.

After leaving the restaurant I went online and found that this scam has been pulled multiple times by this restaurant. The only thing I guess I could have done to avoid this would have been to ask for the check before eating the food.

2  Thank Gislihar
Reviewed August 28, 2012

With dozens of restaurants to choose from on the Miracle Mile of Ocean Drive, we'd pick another next time. The "nightly specials" are VERY expensive - $53 - $130, and the menu offerings are "just ok". Same for the wine selection. An 18% gratuity is automatically added to all bills - largely because the service isn't all that good - we had to continually ask for water refills, my wife's order was sent out incorrectly on three items, and more. In all fairness, the food is fresh and prepared to order, but bland and probably good for the nursing home crowd.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

My wife and I ate here for lunch. It's the only restaurant that I've deducted from an already added Gratuity. After taking our order the waiter didn't check on us once. Thank god he forgot to bring my diet coke, when he brought us our check it was $6.00! I was able to have it taken off. I added onion too my sandwich in which I was asked if I wanted them raw or cooked. I said raw, of course they came out cooked. They were also an extra $2.00! The turkey on my sandwich reminded me of the cheap brand in stores that are kind of slimy. Just make sure you go some where else. Several better restaurants are just a block or two south.

1  Thank Brett B