“GOOD HOTEL”
Review of Villa Italia Hotel

Villa Italia Hotel
Ranked #70 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed for one week at this hotel. At first, you have to be aware that although it's more quiet then the area around ( over 5th street), it's still South Beach with a lot of traffic. We were disappointed to be given a room on the street with the AC room just next door. We were there for a while and would have expected something better, I had chosen the more expensive and qualitative room and I put a note in the booking asking for a quiet room. I know they read that note as it was also written it was my husband's birthday and remembered that. I asked to change room, a lady told me it would be impossible. I was very upset. After 2 nights without sleep; I was really to leave and loose my money as I needed some rest. When I say I wanted to know the cost of an early departure, the manager said he could place me in another room. Why did I have to say I was leaving before someone proposed something....?? The new room was better as part of it was on the back. I have to say the rooms are nice, well furnished and clean. The television makes a lot of noise and it's difficult to watch it. The bathroom is nice. The breakfast is a limited breakfast and not for free as said as you pay a daily fee for it with the chairs for the beach and the newspaper, even if you are not interested by everything. This hotel left me with a strange feeling that they cared, but no that much, that it was quiet, but not that much.. for the price which is high.

2  Thank THISSE-BOEDEC
kgera, General Manager at Villa Italia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I hope this email reaches you well and you had a safe and pleasant return flight home. Our team here at Villa Italia Hotel always strives to meet guest expectations and I’m very sorry you did not enjoy your recent stay here at Villa Italia Hotel. We tried hard to ensure both you and your husband enjoyed you his birthday and provided a complementary bottle of wine to celebrate the special occasion.

Due to the nature of our hotel size coupled with the busy events here in Miami beach (Miami Boat show and South Beach Food & Wine show); our hotel was fully committed. We apologize the building next door experienced electrical issues and hence their respective generator kept resetting causing additional noise. Once we physically had a room available we were able to move you to another room to better accommodate you and handled the entire moving process ourselves. Unfortunately the noise from the electrical problems was out of our control and we had no additional rooms available.

We will note your guest profile that you preferred the latter room during your stay and ensure the next time you plan to visit the world famous Miami Beach that we have you only staying in that respective room. We hope to see you soon.

We invite you to visit our website to take advantage of our many promotions available throughout the year.

Best Regards,

Management

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We only stayed for a night, but next time we go to Miami Beach we will be staying here. We were in a king room and it was great. The front desk staff was beyond helpful. The beach chairs and towels available were awesome! They held my luggage until check in and then delivered the bag to my room when it was available! The breakfast in the morning is what you would expect for a continental breakfast, but there are many options close by if you want something a bit more. It is hard to find a nice, clean, close by hotel in Sofi that isn't ridiculously expensive and this place hit it on the head.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed two nights in the villa. It is huge. Large living room, 1/2 bath, kitchen and 3/4 bath on the first floor and two bedrooms and a 3/4 bath on the second. Large flat screen TV in the living room and a smaller flat screen TV in each bedroom. I wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Every year I come to town for the boat show and every year I stay at villa italia. This was my 4th time as a guest of this hotel and next year will be my fifth. The location is great, only a few blocks away from the beach and a short bike ride to the convention center. Its a great location. The staff is super friendly and accomdating. The beds are comfortable and the rooms offer all you really need from a hotel. A++ for these guys and I highly recommend you check it out.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We spent a couple of nights here at the start of a recent trip to the Florida Keys. Great location, only 2 blocks to Ocean Drive. Room was spacious, clean and comfortable with a nice bathroom. Continental breakfast was adequate if unexciting, but it was pleasant to eat it outdoors. Reception staff were friendly and helpful. I think we were unlucky with the valet service - we waited over half an hour for our car to be delivered to us when we left. Fortunately, we were in no hurry and we enjoyed sitting on the patio while we waited.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

The location was great! The desk clerk was extremely helpful. Valet service very convenient. Nice room - lot's of space and very clean. (Wi-Fi left something to be desired.) Definitely would stay there again.

1  Thank ckd256
Reviewed February 16, 2014

This is a really nice small hotel in a good location for Miami Beach. It's just 2 blocks walk to the excellent beach and then a gentle stroll down Ocean Drive to the Art Deco hotels on the front. The room we stayed in (Room 201) was a very good size with a very large bathroom and every convenience you could possibly wish for. I find it difficult not to praise the bedrooms but come up with a query when it comes to breakfast. We were possibly unfortunate in that it was raining in Miami when we stayed at the hotel. Breakfast consists of a selection of cold pastries and cereals or microwaved waffles which are displayed in the central office. Unfortunately, this office is not large enough to eat in and the only eating place is on the outside patio under the umbrellas. This would be great if the sun is shining but is not so pleasant in the rain. Just hope for sunshine, after all, thats why you went to Miami isn't it?

Room Tip: Room 201 is a large room with a king size bed