I chose this place based on the good reviews and was not disappointed.
Firstly getting there is easy, I took the 150 bus from the airport for $2.35 and it stops by 5th which is a very short walk from the hotel (tip: the buses don't give change).
The hotel is not much to look at really, you enter via a gate leading onto the front courtyard with half a dozen tables where you have breakfast.
Reception is a small office on the right and breakfast is laid out here in the morning to help yourself to. Breakfast consisted of bagels, pastries and the like and there is also coffee and juice ect. Not a huge range but just nice to get you started in the morning (plus loads of places nearby do a great brunch).
Reception staff are excellent.
Some people mentioned noise which I was a little worried about but there was no need. I'm a light sleeper and the only thing I heard was a bit of a hum from the fridge.
The room was larger than expected, there were two good sized comfortable beds, one of which we used one as an extra table.
The bathroom was nice with a decent shower, nice little toiletries (these little touches make the difference).
Only improvements that could be made, and these are really minor:
- slightly more choice at breakfast, as a non bagel eater it was a little limited
- no radio or radio channels on the tv, it's nice to have a little music
If you need an affordable place to stay in South Beach, this place is really good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Italia Hotel is Miami Beach's brand new boutique hotel, located in the heart of South Beach where everything from restaurants to nightlife are within walking distance.Our hotel features 12 uniquely furnished tranquil guestrooms and 1 magnificant Villa Suite; each comes equipped with a 42-inch LCD Television with free premium movie channels. Other in-room amenities include minibar, in-room electronic safe, soundproof system, speaker phones and conference call capability, Ipod docking stations. All our suites are equipped with large glass enclosed showers. All guestrooms have new central air conditioning and non-smoking. To ensure the quality of your stay, our signature bedding has pillow top mattresses, Egyptian cotton linens, and triple sheeting. All of our rooms at Villa Italia feature a private bathroom with shower, bathrobes, deluxe toiletries, and hair dryer. Guests can also enjoy complimentary continental breakfast, free unlimited internet (both wired & Wi-Fi), local and toll free dialing, daily newspaper, free on-demand premium movie channels, snacks & beverages throughout the day and daily beach towels & umbrellas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Villa Italia Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.