“Wow What a room” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #88 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
southend
“Wow What a room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

This is a fantastic hotel and if you really want to spoil yourself then book a beach front room , my room took up the whole 14th Floor with a wrap around balcony on 3 sides giving the most amazing views. Service was very good and the Sunday Brunch Brilliant, great value for money but really busy you must book.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Turkish first
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

A disappointment!

We stayed at the Soho Beach House for 5 nights in October and our first impression of the hotel was very good. It’s design and décor are very fine and our room was great. However, our 7 year old son was travelling with us and I mentioned that when I made the reservation and when we checked in. The first night we arrived late and the rollover bed was not installed, and the same happened in the second night. In the third night I had to asked twice to have it. But the most serious incident occurred when I gave to the reception desk a box to be shipped by UPS. We left the hotel one day after my shipping request and we kept our luggage stored there. When we get back to the hotel two days later to get our luggage before leaving the country, I found the box that I had delivered to the front desk for shipping opened and one of its items was missing. I spoke to the Assistant Front Office Manager, and explained him what happened. He was very kind and promise to call UPS immediately and send me an email confirming that the box was shipped. One week passed, I was already at home and despite my several emails and calls, I have not received once single word from the hotel. I only received an email from the Assistant Front Office Manager 13 days after I first spoke to him and I found that very disappointing and not serious at all. Not mentioning that I am waiting until today for an explanation about the missing item that was supposed to be in the box. It’s a pity indeed because we liked the hotel facilities, but I no longer trust its staff.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Carminatti2528
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stayed here during a busy time in July , I must ad, there were all kinds of events going on , so perhaps it's an exception. Our room was facing the pool which made it quite loud and it was pretty small. The hallways are very narrow giving you the feel of a country farm rather than an upscale Miami treat, yet the decor is kinda cool. The crowd is fun , you get everything from upscale to wanna be, but if you want to sit at the pool and relax or enjoy a spacious beach it is not the place I would recommend. It is relatively far north for South Beach and more of a be-seen place than quality-time stay.

Room Tip: Oceanfront would be the best option.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Roger S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Really cool hotel. Stayed for the first 4 days of our honeymoon. Lovely Decor. Really thoughtfully designed. The pool area is amazing. For those that don't like big corporate, run of the mill resorts, this is a really exclusive boutique hotel that gives you that feeling of 'being with the in the crowd"
Room was amazing, really spacious with abundant cowshed products. Food drink were outstanding with the amazing cecconis on premises. If you are staying you have to go there.

The one thing that let soho beach house down and this was not a one-off was the service. The staff were not rude but just did not follow up and deliver. The front desk said they would look into a room upgrade for our honeymoon but no one called to let us know if they had. I asked for toast once at breakfast three times and until it was brought. It took like 15 mins to get some toast. I asked for ketchup at the poolside about 4 times and it was never brought. We booked spa treatments for my wife and myself and one of the attendants did not turn up. We were offered compensation but this summed up the service. People were friendly but you often did not get what you asked for which was quite annoying when it keeps on happening.

That said if you are looking for somewhere special and exclusive soho beach house is the still place I would come however I would probably complain as you are paying a lot of money.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shariflabo
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

This was our third trip in as many years to the Soho Beach House, and it delivered once again. This place is really more than your average beach hotel--it provides exclusivity and luxury that have made it our favorite weekend getaway in the US. This year we came later than we usually do (we typically have gone as an end of the summer getaway), but we came at the end of September, which is a bit more towards their high season and we brought a couple of friends with us. Given the timing, we noticed that it was a bit more crowded in general, with not quite the usual attention to the hotel patrons and club members as we had come to expect. For example, we waited for 10 minutes to valet our car, while they were trying to move cars around in their tiny driveway (note: better not to take a car here if you can avoid it, as valet is pricey too), and on the beach, where we've usually been treated to fresh fruits and watering cans to clean the sand off our feet, both of these were missing. We stayed in a bayside room this time, which we've never stayed in before. It is still as nicely furnished as the oceanside, but no tubs. However, on the plus side, if you stay on the bayside, we were treated to a very nice sunset. The bed is heavenly, and the amenities are great-the toiletries from their own Cowshed spa line are fantastic. The best part about staying there, though, is that you get to experience all of the perks of Soho House membership while you're staying there--the screenings, exclusive parties, and there are alway a few celebrities (we saw some famous athletes) hanging around. We will definitely be booking another trip to stay there again next year.

Room Tip: bayside room really isn't that bad--no tubs, but nice sunset!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank travelrabbit2003
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Some people might say that it's a bit far from Ocean Drive and the heart of South Beach, and just next to the terrible Fontainebleau resort, but, well, who really cares when the rooms, the service, the bars, the restaurants, the pool, the beach and the staff are so good and cool !

I am a Soho House member but this is an unbiased review : all the people I sent there came back with one idea : to come back !

And yes, it's children friendly, and yes there are hot parties too ! And when I go on business to Miami, that's where I stay too.

I wish I could go there more often.

Room Tip: Check the rates on their website to get the best rooms ('beach side'). But don't worry...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Soho Beach House. It's away from the hustle and bustle of the heart of South Beach but not that far away. My wife, child and I stayed in a nicely furnished Beachside 4 room which had plenty of space. We liked the Cowshed products and of course, we bought a few of them to bring home!

We ate at Cecconi's for breakfast and dinner and had lunch at the pool. All of the meals were great. There was a very relaxed pool scene during my stay and the beach was pretty packed. The service was very good. While I brought my child with me on this trip (and since it was August there were a few others), this place is geared for adults. I would definitely stay at this classy hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family