WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“A great venue away from the bustle of South Beach, but close enough...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Soho Beach House

and 1 more site!
Soho Beach House
Ranked #84 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Woodford, United Kingdom
“A great venue away from the bustle of South Beach, but close enough...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Spent 5 nights here in Nov 2012, and overall enjoyed the experience, in particular the beach and the service received there. That said, as this is a members club there are times we felt like outsiders as a lot of staff are very friendly, at times over friendly with the regular members.
The rooms are great, ours was road side and I was concerned the traffic noise maybe an issue, this didn't turn out to be the case. The beds are comfortable, the mini bar amazing and the bathroom with cowshed products a throughly wonderful experience.
We took in brunch on Sunday in Ciccone's which is excellent value, and the selection and quality of food to the standard you'd expect, booking in advance is advisable.
The cinema room had a great atmosphere and we enjoyed 'Skyfall' which had only just been released.
The location is good if you want to avoid the noise and bustle of South Beach, and as we're from London and used to getting around on public transport to was great to have a regular bus service, line 'S', that operates regularly to Downtown Miami via Lincoln Road making ideal for exploring during the day and out to South Beach nightlife. Stops are within walking distance of the hotel.
The main disappointment was the roof bar, which never seemed to be open, but it looked like it would have been fun.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank a16711

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

The Soho Beach House could be a service example in the hospitality industry. We would like to emphasize that the young and tall front office manager, Romain I believe, gave us excellent advices concerning the places to visit and made our stay memorable. We will come back to the Soho not only for its unique atmosphere but also for the staff who makes this place a dream home.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Ileanaclara
Sohobeachhouse1, Marketing Manager at Soho Beach House, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Hello,

Hope this email finds you well. I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your kind review. I am glad to hear the overall positive feedback and will make sure to share your comments with Romain. We hope to have you stay with us once again real soon.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for anything you may need in the future.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

Quite difficult to locate at night as hotel signage is non existent on side walk and driveway is set in from road in a corner spot. I am sure that a lot of comments have been made about the style of the hotel and its furnishing but I suppose if you were being kind you could say shabby chic. The floor tiling throughout the property is either reclaimed, original 30s or repro but whatever the case looks dreadful and in places is nothing other than unattractive as stains are everywhere perhaps never sealed but you never know if that is new stain or old. The furniture in the rooms is a mish mash and honestly some of it not at all chic except in a dumpster. Comfortable beds with 9 pillows non of which were suitable. A bath in the bedroom, v trendy but pretty horrid if you want to have friends in for a drinks after bath time with damp towels and footprints. Bath was in the window so a great theatre like performance is needed with the blinds to stop frightening other guests. Great shower. Generous allocation of towels and toiletries. Promised morning paper never arrived any of three mornings. Noisy bar that keeps people awake but thoughtfully earplugs are included! Safe not fixed to bottom of wardrobe. No drawers for clothes storage. Good size room and fairly well insulated from adjoining rooms though double glazing is defeated by the noisy bar. The front of house staff are really below par. This is the case for the people on the door who stand around chatting and make guests stand in the street and hail their own cab. Upon return one evening the doorman was slouched across his desk and didn't even approach the taxi to open door and dropped his head back onto the desk as we walked into hotel. The receptionists, and I mean all of them, and I encountered a few over a weekend are obstructive, surly and should not be in the service industry. The staff around the pool on the other hand were super friendly and efficient and did their job perfectly. Cecconis is okay, pretty environment but trading on glory achieved elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hello,

Hope this email finds you well. I wanted to take a moment to recognize your review on TripAdvisor. We are sorry to read your observation on the staff's overall attitude. We will make sure to share this with the team and use your experience to help us grow and improve.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

We chose this hotel for a girls trip Oct 2012. The rooms and decor are every bit as fun as the other Soho House locations. The lobby and Ciccone's restaurant are very colonial style and breezy, bedrooms are funky/utilitarian, and the roof bar is a kind of Mexico/Miami chic.
Food in the hotel was fabulous. Brunch on the weekend is unmissable, and the profiteroles on the lunch/dinner menu were to die for.
The Cowshed spa was also a highlight w/ friendly stylists. A pedicure there was a real treat!
Generally tho service in the hotel was bordering on rude, and was certainly laden w/ a lot of attitude that workers seemed to be doing the guests a favor… we had to get our own towels for the pool beds more than once, and waited an age for drinks.
The hotel is beautiful and we had a great weekend. Am not sure whether on principle I would go back and spend money to stay there again much as I loved the space. I understand a desire to keep things feeling exclusive and cool hence an aloof attitude from staff. Others might just call this bad service...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Amysak
Sohobeachhouse1, Marketing Manager at Soho Beach House, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Hello,

Hope this email finds you well. I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your kind review. I am glad to hear the overall positive feedback but I do regret your observation on the staff's attitude. I will make sure to share this with the team and use your experience to help us grow and improve. We do hope to have you stay with us again in the near future as I am confident it will be greatly enjoyed. Please contact me directly for any bookings; we would like to offer you a complimentary upgrade.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

This was our second trip to Soho Beach House. We had gotten a deal on jetsetter for a smaller room, but decided to upgrade to a beachfront room when we got to the property. The rooms are spectacular. I'm a bit biased, because I tend to judge hotel rooms by the bathrooms, and the bathrooms at Soho Beach House are fantastic. Because we had upgraded, our bathroom had a large soaking tub, separate from the amazing rainfall shower. Signature cowshed bath products are complimentary, and they provide you with (almost) all of the toiletries you'd need--toothpaste, shaving kit, mouthwash. (I say almost, since I forgot my contact lens solution and when I called down to the front desk, they didn't have any, but other than that, it seemed like they had everything covered!). We love that the Soho Beach House is really a private club. When you're staying there, you have access to the club events (like private screenings). We were there during a complimentary champagne tasting event at the penthouse given by Nicolas Feuillatte Champagne, which was great fun. The service is fantastic at Soho Beach House. We frequented their members only bar and felt like we got to know the bartenders during our short stay--the drinks are fantastic. Service on the beach is exceptional. Although it was quite crowded on the beach while we were there on the weekend, the service is still very good. Lounge chairs and umbrellas may be standard at any resort, but there is also an ice chest filled with water at each pair of lounge chairs, and they bring you fresh fruit intermittently through the day. We also went to the signature Cowshed spa, which is a wonderful little spa. However, I'd recommend staying away from the deep tissue massage as I felt more sore after my massage than before! Overall, my husband and I love this place--we'll definitely be back again.

Room Tip: it's worth it to pay more to get a slightly bigger room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank travelrabbit2003
Sohobeachhouse1, Public Relations Manager at Soho Beach House, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Hello there,

A simple thank you for your generous review on Trip Advisor. We hope to see you at the Beach House in the near future.

Marketing Manager
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I had to overnight in Miami on my way to the Caribbean, so at first I just looked for airport hotels, then I thought I am on holiday, I want the beach.

Lincoln road is very close and was the highlight of my visit.

The hotels is very clean nice and easy to be in. I only spoent one night so cannot sya more than it was a great experience.

Wonderful sea views on the upper floors. Wow.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Sohobeachhouse1, Marketing Manager at Soho Beach House, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Hello there,

Marketing Manager
London, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

If you like a laid back hotel where you can relax and chill out then this is the place for you. It isn't cheap but to get away from the large crowds and brash hotels futher down the beach, it is worth it.

The rooms are large and well equipped, although only a few have outside space. Food and drinks of a high quality and in my opinion it has one of the best spots on the beach. It does get very crowded at weekends when members come down to the beach so you need to be on your sunbed early.

As others have commented the service was not alwasy perfect, but they are working on it and it did not detract from a wonderful stay.

Cowshed spa feels like it has come straight from Babington House (where it orginates from). All very English and the treatments were wonderful.

The One While Changing drinks trolley in the evening is a must. Great hotel with some briliant touches.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple