“Top value for the money”

Tradewinds Apartment Hotel
South Australia, Australia
“Top value for the money”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The location is quiet but still on great location next to 23th street. Wallgreen store near and some night clubs. short walk to the beach (great jogging place). From gas staion back of the hotel you will find nice empanadas/pies for a snack. Hotel small pool area is very nice with the garden. And many places on the garden around the hotel to enjoy and chat with friends. Bikes are excellent cruisers, so be there before 9 am for queueing. Happy hour is on Catalina or Riviera hotels. We recommend Riviera. It's also great hotel as we also stayed there. And whole SOBE group has best value hotels on Miami Beach. Top service we got, except Catalina is not so good. Check also Lincoln Arm as a new apartment hotel on great location. Still prices can get high for top season and weekends...

Room Tip: Check that there is not maintenance room below your apartment (personnel meeting point).
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Second time in Miami and will definitely be back, especially to these apartments. The apartment was one bedroom looking over the pool. Immaculate and very spacious, great kitchen and two massive lcd tvs when getting to head out to south beach. A short two minutes to the beach you also get to use free bikes to rent from the apartments which i would recommend very handy!!
The front desk was great and especially Omar and Andres who were great to a Scotsman who asked for anything, extremely helpful (Thank You). I will be back and recommending this to friends and family who are all coming over to Miami this year.

Room Tip: Poolside was great and very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Tradewinds Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Hello Markure,

Your wonderful 5 star feedback is appreciated! Thank you for taking your time to share it with us! I am very glad to read that you were content with your room and the size of it! Our location is great as we are within walking distance from all the hot spots here on South Beach! Omar and Andres are great and all of our guests love them! I will let them know of your kind praise!! We cannot wait to have you stay with us again soon!

Have a great day!

Burlington
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was nervous about choosing Tradewinds since some of the reviews are terrible, while others are excellent, but I chose it anyway for the price and location. The hotel exceeded my expectations, and I would definitely stay here again. My room, 207, was spacious, plenty of storage, and surprisingly quiet (it doesn't seem to share any walls with another unit). The personnel at the front desk/lobby were friendly. Very convenient location as it's a very easy walk to the beach @ 23rd, and a 10-15 min walk to Lincoln. Pool area was enjoyable, with sun and shade options. I would be quite comfortable staying here for long trips, should the need/opportunity arise in the future.

Only minor issues, to lose a point in the ratings:
The hot water was finicky, as was mentioned in at least one other review. I notified the front desk as I was checking out, and they told me that I could have requested a maintenance call to address the issue.

On the one day I requested that my room get serviced during a specific time that I would be out (1:30 - 4:00pm), my room wasn't serviced until almost 6pm.

They are down to four bicycles due to a recent theft, although I was able to get one to use on a Thursday morning by arriving at the front desk very early. They don't have any bike locks at the moment, either, so you are assuming a risk of theft if you are using the bike.

As others have mentioned, the air conditioners are very loud. It was cool at night during my stay and although I could have just opened the windows rather than run the AC to cool the room, the AC units of other rooms across the alley/down stairs were so loud that it wasn't much benefit to open the window vs. run the AC to control noise.

Some little things that you expect in a hotel aren't provided (coffee, alarm clock, phone line to the front desk), but these are all things that are easy enough to do without.

Room Tip: Room 207...no view, but surprisingly quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Good Afternoon Heather B,

Thank you for your honest feedback! I am extremely glad to read that we were able to exceed your expectations! I see that you were given great service by our front desk staff. They are great and always eager to serve our guests! We were experiencing some issues with the boiler. The issue was resolved and the water is working perfectly fine again! We have already ordered new bikes and locks to go with them all. They will be in within the next week or so. We hope that you would stay with us again in the future!!

Have an amazing day!

Emerald Isle, North Carolina
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I am frequently in Miami for business and chose to stay at the Tradewinds. Nice, modern rooms with nice living room, kitchen and bedroom. Parking is limited (welcome to MB), so I opted for the $20 parking. My complaint about the Tradewinds is the noise. Resident/guests next door had a party all night and it literally took me pounding on the walls to have them turn down their music. Upstairs resident/guest enjoys jumping rope/working out.....starting at 11pm. Resident/Guest next door has an issue with waking up to the alarm so they hit snooze again and again and again. You get the idea. I didn't have an opportunity to check out the pool area so cannot comment on that. Overall, I'd probably stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hello DHPaine,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to see. I am glad to read that you were content with your room! Parking has always been such a big hassle here on South Beach. We do offer parking but it is limited. There are several lots and garages around the hotel. In regards to the noise- were you able to speak to the front desk about having them inform the guests about the noise? If so, who did you speak with? We would definitely hope that you would stay with us again in the future!

San Diego, California
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This review is overdue, but I am posting because I have thought often of my experience at the Tradewinds. I cannot express how wonderful the service, accommodations, and facilities were during our two week stay! Having lived in Miami before, I had minimal expectations of a hotel in South Beach and both my husband and myself have reflected on our extreme satisfaction with our stay at the Tradewinds! All of the staff that I met from the doorman, to the front desk, to the laundry room, went above and beyond to meet our needs. While all were helpful and pleasant, I want to recognize Susan at the front desk. She assisted me from the moment we called on the phone for an early check in up until weeks after checking out by receiving important paperwork for us. Not only did I appreciate her calm and pleasant demeanor, I also saw her work under pressure working to resolve a customer issue over the phone, while checking in another customer, and managing other customers in the lobby ALL WITH A SMILE! I thank all of the staff for a great experience during a stressful time!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Serena M
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Tradewinds Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Good Evening Serena M,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post such a wonderful review about your recent stay with us! I am extremely glad to read that all of the staff that serviced you from the bellmen, to the front desk agent, to the attendants in the laundry room were able to provide you with satisfactory service! I will definitely let Susan at the front desk know of your kind praise! She is such a great employee and all of our guests love her service! Please come back and stay with us again soon! We would love to have you!!

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This hotel should be rated as one star. We're paying 400 dollars for a room, having to sleep in a sofa bed, where you feel all the springs, the staff of the hotel is terrible, and does not respect the clients. If you need to talk with the reception, you have to go there, because there are no telefones in the rooms

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank paula p
Good Evening Paula P,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! I am terribly sorry to read that you did not have an amazing time while staying with us! I am sorry but all of our rooms have beds and mattresses. I am sorry that you chose to sleep on the pull out couch. I am sorry that you found our staff to be terrible. Was there someone in particular that gave you such service? Perhaps you might remember what they look like.

I look forward in hearing from you!

Porvoo, Finland
Reviewed February 27, 2013

This hotel was perfect for our stay. The apartments were huge and well equipped (AC, full kitchen, 2 TVs, daily roomservice etc) and the staff was nice and helpful. Great location as well and the free rental bikes were great fun.

Theres a walgreens and a gas station close by and the main Miami Beach area is only a 5-10 minute walk away.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Tradewinds Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Hello Finrobin R,

Thank you for taking your time to post your 5 star feedback for all of our future guests to read! I am very glad to see that you had a great time while staying with us! I see that you were content with the size of your apartment. Our staff is always wanting to help and accommodate you as much as they can! I see that you were able to take advantage of the complimentary bikes. It's a great way to cruise around South Beach and see things. We hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Kind Regards,