“My home away from home :)”

Tradewinds Apartment Hotel
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I have to say first of all, the staff of the Tradewinds are absolutely incredible especially Omar, Joan, Susan and Angel! They make you feel welcome and comfortable right when you walk through the door and show you that Miami hospitality. I travel quite a bit and I have never met such amazing staff on any trip until this one, there are truly great people!

I went down near the end of August last year for my birthday and there was a tropical storm Isaac that hit right when we landed and I definitely felt safe and sound staying there. Everything was so convenient and right where you need it. Another thing that's great about this hotel is it's actually an apartment and you've got everything you could ever need with a full kitchen too!

I love the location, rooms, staff, price; there's really nothing like it.
If you're looking for somewhere affordable and enjoyable this is definitely the place!
This is now my home away from home #TeamTradewinds :)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Tradewinds Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Good Evening RhiEle,

Your 5 star feedback is greatly appreciated and we are glad that you chose to share it with us! I am glad that you were given great service by all of our staff! They work hard to make sure that each and every guest has a great and memorable time with us! I will let the mentioned staff know of your wonderful praise! Please come back and stay with us again soon!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 20, 2013

The apartments exactly what we see from photos. All staff are helpful and friendly. Love the peaceful ambience away from south beach and Collin but still walkable from these two areas. And of cuz the free airport transfer! Only downside is wifi is weak in the rooms and water heater is inconsistent. But overall good stay!

Hello JoyceHo26,

Your feedback is appreciated and thank you so much for taking your time to share it with us! I am glad to read that you had a great time while staying with us! It seems to me like you had a great time! Our staff is definitely helpful and friendly and they are always eager to serve you! Our location is prime! We are located steps away from all of the hot spots here on South Beach! We hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Regards,

Reviewed February 19, 2013

this hotel is as great as a trailer park. the rooms are cold, smelly and out of shape. the bathroom is dirty and the appliances dated and rusty. the cleaning ladies i found hanging out in my room late in the afternoon and never minding trash to be emptied, floors to be cleaned or dishes to be washed. the most outrageous, however, is the unfriendly and unprofessional staff. they are young, unexperienced kids who could very well be a deli or a car wash employee with zero rhetorical knowledge and an audacity of an attitude. if i was able to have left the hotel, i would have had done it the moment i first checked in (which took a good 20 minutes for passport and credit card copy), but unfortunately my company had booked the location of Miami Beach too late when too many fairs were taking place in the city the same week.

Room Tip: there are no good rooms
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank J J

Good Afternoon J J,

Thank you for your honest feedback! We are glad that you chose to share it with us! I apologize that your opinion on the hotel is very similar to a trailer park. We are a boutique hotel located on South Beach, nothing near a trailer park. I am sorry that you found your room to be dirty with appliances that were rusty and dated. I will definitely let the director of housekeeping know your feedback in regards to that. Our staff is young and trained to provide excellent customer service! I am sorry that is not what you were given! Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Let me start off in chronological order:
Before I went to the Hotel I wrote them a e-mail twice, to the adress mentioned on there website, to find out about the parking situation and if I could have a package sent to the Hotel, but never got an answer.
Coincidentally I found out that the group that the hotel is a part off offers a airport-shuttle. It's supposed to depart every full hour from the airport. However, we waited a full 1.5 hours with guests from other hotels for the shuttle. As it turns out, one of the two shuttles broke down, so they only went every 2nd hour. Arriving at the hotel there was a family of five which booked a shuttle to the airport for the time we arrived, however the shuttle we arrived in had to drop off the other guests first and told them that he'd arrive an hour later (obviously too late for the family). The response of the hotel staff: "We tried to tell you..." Which means they knocked at their door once and then didn't do anything further, according to themselves!!

We booked a room with two seperate beds, but there really aren't rooms with seperate beds. There's always a Quenn-size bed and the other one is a sofa which you can pull out... pretty unconfortable. Unfortunately, we got a room right at the lobby so on top of an uncofortable bed I also had to put up with a lot of noise during the night. Safe to say that I slept better the week before, when I was in a hotel right at Times Square in NYC!! Also, the wall between the upper and the lower floor seem to be pretty thin, as you can hear the people walking around in the appartment above.
I asked to get a different room twice to different employees, but all they had to say was that they're overbooked and "can not", "could not", "not possible", etc. The staff in general, whilst always friendly, seems incompetent.

The appartments are spacious but have some dirty sports, especially in the kitchen. The floor was never cleaned in my opinion, so walking around barefoot is not an option.
Also, I found a cockroach in the kitchen once, happens but still gives you a feeling that the place is messy.

I didn't even bother to ask for one of the limited parking spaces ($20 a night), but parked my car at the car rental station for free.

The poolarea seems pretty nice, but the pool is pretty small though.

I guess you could have a better time there if you get a room in the upper level and the whole shuttle-thing was obviously a bad coincidence, but I base this on my personal experience at the resort.

Warning: There's a resort fee of $15 per night, which I wasn't aware of, as I booked the room over the internet.

The next big supermarket is like 3-4 blocks away, so my personal advice if you don't have a car, bring bycicles or inline skates.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Devilswiss

Hello Devilswiss,

Thank you for taking your time to post your honest feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! I am extremely sorry to read that you didn't have an amazing time while staying with us! Unfortunately the shuttle did have some unexpected errors that were completely out of our control. We tried our best to fix these mechanical issues ourselves but we were not able to. Therefore we still had the shuttle service but it was running every other hour, instead of every hour. What site did you book with? We do not offer rooms with separate beds. They should have informed you this when you were placing your reservation. The pull out couch is a bed, when pulled out and can sleep 2 comfortably on it. Unfortunately we were sold out therefore we were not able to move you to another room, as there were no rooms available. I will definitely mention to the director of housekeeping the dirt on the floor that you experienced. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Man im out of words.. this Brown sugar in the front desk. Her name is Susan, will never forgett. I'll be back :) / Sweden. puss.

btw, the room was so nice and the pool area also. Out room was great and locatipb awesome as well for partying, Close to bars and club!!

• Stayed: February 2013
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Tradewinds Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Hello Oscar1992,

Your wonderful 5 star feedback is greatly appreciated! I am glad to read that you had a great time while staying with us! I am glad that you were given such great service from Susan at the front desk. She is a great part of our team and all of our guests love her! I will let her know of your kind praise! I am also glad to know that you enjoyed the room and our pool area. We hope to have you stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

The Trade Winds facilitated our Large group at the last minute, rooms were clean and the staff was excellent. Special Thank You to Wendy at the front Desk, she is absolutely the best and very attractive. Overall stay is a satisfied customer.

• Stayed: February 2013
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Tradewinds Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Hello Geosedun,

Thank you for your 5 star review!! I am extremely glad that you had a great time with us! Thank you for booking us on your last minute plans!! :) We are content to know that your room was clean and that the staff that serviced you was excellent!! I will definitely let Wendy at the front desk know of your kind praise! She is absolutely amazing, and a great worker as well!
We hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Have an amazing day!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

From our check-in time where we were warmly welcomed to our check-out time, Tradewinds did not disappoint. The cleanliness of the apartment (cleanly daily) and the spacious layout allowed us to relax in South Beach. Although some may quibble about walking several streets to the main attractions, we enjoyed a quiet stroll, finding quaint places to eat that it would have been easy to miss in the vibe that is SOBE. Restaurants and general supply shops are relatively close by (7 minutes) and the beach - if you need to drag yourself away from the very nice Tradewinds pool - is about 15 minutes or so but hardly noticable as there are shops and sights to keep your attention. The other aspects we enjoyed were the relative quiet (although the apartments were all occupied), the friendliness of the staff (who fulfilled our requests with real willingness and friendliness), and the superb all-round maintenance of their facilities by an unobtrusive staff. We would be back in a flash!

Room Tip: We had an apartment overlooking the pool. Lovely view and not noisy at all.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Good Afternoon ElleRon,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your 5 star feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! I am extremely glad read that you were given excellent service from the moment that you walked in! Our housekeepers work really hard to ensure that your home away from home is clean, so that you are comfortable! The walk to all of the action is very convenient! You don't really have to depend on having a car or taking a taxi. Everything is within steps. There are many shops, restaurants, nightclubs, bars, lounges, and everything else for you to enjoy within minutes away. Our staff is always eager to serve you with nothing but smiles. I am glad that you were given that!
We hope that you come back to stay with us in the future!
Hope to see you soon!