“#1 Hotel On SOBE”

Ranked #31 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“#1 Hotel On SOBE”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I just got home from stayed at the Edgewater for a second time in 6 months and I would say that this is the best hotel on south beach. The rooms are extremely clean, the customer service of the employees is amazing and the you steps away from the beach!! This is my go to hotel whenever I want to take a get away from New York the rooms are spacious and centrally air-conditioned. A special thanks to Jonathan and Rafael they are amazing people who work extremely hard and do everything with a smile on their faces. This is the only hotel that I would recommend and if you have any doubts then just compare reviews. :) Thank You Edgewater Team!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
George_Vesa, General Manager at Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, South Beach, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Natalie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to recognize the service our stellar staff provides, we very much appreciate it. We are happy to be your home in South Beach and look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Friendswood, Texas
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I loved the location of this hotel! I booked on-line, and when I arrived, my room was not available. They put me in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath, full kitchen great suite!!! (I gave the value a Very Good, b/c if I had gotten the room I booked, it is a little pricey, but - it is South Beach!) I didn't care for the Roman shades in the unit, and the unit is a little dark by day, but who goes to South Beach and stays indoors anyway?!?!!! The staff was amazing, even bringing ice up to my room instead of me going downstairs to get it!

Walking distance to plenty of restaurants, night clubs, and the beach is right out front. People were out everywhere jogging, walking their dogs, riding bikes, enjoying the outdoors. Also close to shopping, but my time was too limited to go shopping.

There was a cocktail hour on the roof top area, where you can also sunbathe, but there is not a pool. They also offered a continental breakfast in the same area.

There was a nightly fee of like $18, which covers wi-fi, breakfast, and other stuff. I did use the wi-fi, but there was nothing on the breakfast that I could eat (Atkins way of life).

They are a Stash Rewards hotel. If you like Botique hotels, I suggest this one.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank SmileyInFrswd
Dear guest,

Our amazing staff is very thankful that you have taken the time to recognize our service and hotel. At the core of everything we do is making sure our guests leave with lifelong warm memories, very glad we have accomplished this for you.
We hope to see you again soon!
Tampa Bay
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had a great stay this spring and am looking forward to staying in this hotel again this upcoming October. I come to Miami 3 x a year for the JIS trade show. I am SOOO glad that we found our new place to stay. I have no reason to stay anywhere else now! South Beach is very much like New York city when it comes to hotels. It's a crap-shoot. You never know what you are going to get. Many hotels lie, have deceiving images and statement on their web sites. You only find out that you were duped when you check in. It goes without saying that the location is simply unbeatable. The staff is great, polite and very accommodating. My hat goes off to the GM who is very personable and truly cares about his guests. Free breakfast and Happy Hour on the roof-top with view of Atlantic Ocean ? Who doesn't like that ?? As I said - I come here 3 x a year for business and 1-2x for pleasure. THIS is my new hotel of choice.

(MK from Tampa Bay).

Room Tip: We had a mini suite with a kitchenette. Very happy with the room!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Milos K
Dear Milos,

Thanks very much for the compliments, our entire team appreciates it. We are happy to be your home away from home and very pleased to have impressed you. I'm sure we'll see each other again soon!
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 28, 2013

i would like to give a big thanks to all Edgewater staff they were so nice to me and my partner, we had so much fun!.. special thanks to Edward, Jonathan and Rafael!

the rooms were big and extremely comfortable. the housekeeping was superb, couple of times we come back to the hotel late and the front door is closed, so security is not bad as well. we had to takeout our keys. i also once lost my keys when i went down the beach, and when i reported it. they canceled the old one and gave me a new one..

the beach is so close from the hotel, and its amazing!.. the hotel gives you a portable chair that has a bottle holder and zippers here and there and you can carry it as a backpack :p.. pretty awesome.

i wasnt a big fan of the breakfast (no eggs @_@) i know... and the pigeons on the rooftop -_-.. i hate pigeons... BUT the coffee was good haha thats what matters i guess..

i was happy, my partner was happy and now its a happy memory. i will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
George_Vesa, General Manager at Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, South Beach, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Mimi,

Thanks very much for your wonderful feedback, glad you enjoyed your time with us. All 3 gentlemen you mentioned are grateful for being remembered, we will be happy to be at your service again.
Lisburn
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed here for one night and found it an excellent location for all we wanted.
Hotel staff were excellent and very helpful take advantage of drinks on the roof between 6-7pm
The hotel is close to shopping at Collin's Ave and Lincoln, also close to any number of restaurants with direct access to South Beach itself.
Room was grand but we ended up right next to the reception (but that was just the luck of the draw!!)
There is a sun balcony on the roof but there is no pool at this hotel which suited us as we spent the day on the Beach.
Use their Valet Parking it was very helpful and well worth the money for 1 night
Only thing that annoyed us during our stay in Miami (which is no fault of hotel) was rhe practice of the bars and restaurants not to show prices and to try and sell you "specials" which cost the earth??? Don't forget to ask for prices before you order anything and look out for the 2 for 1 offers.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SteveD29
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us, Steve. Sorry that you didn't enjoy the location of your studio, hope we can do better next time. It is unfortunate that some of the local establishments delve in some not so fair practices and this affects all of us.
We hope to see you again!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I’ve been to South Beach a few times over the years, always staying at a hotel on the strip, this hotel is ‘essentially’ the best I’ve stayed in! The rooms very clean, quiet, and roomy. If you’ve stayed on South Beach, you know the rooms are usually small, (due to the era the hotels were made). It’s an older hotel on the North end that has been remodeled elegantly. The staff are very friendly and willing to assist you if needed. I would have given this place an excellent but, they charged me for three weeks when I only stayed for three nights, (imagine the shock when I got my credit card bill). Error and all, I’ll be staying here again!

Room Tip: Ocean facing rooms are only a partial view but, very picturesque
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and apologies for the bill mishap, that's definitely an exception to our usual performance. We are happy that you enjoyed what we have to offer and hope to be at your service again.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We love traveling to Miami. Staying at this hotel makes the trip even more enjoyable. It's located directly across from the beach with many restaurants nearby to choose from. Our room was spacious and even had a small kitchen area. The housekeeper was super friendly and replenished our towels and toiletries daily. Actually the entire staff was very hospitable and went above and beyond to accommodate us. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind words, Michelle. We love this place too, glad you enjoyed our hospitality. Come back soon!