“An Exceptional Experience”

Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, South Beach
Ranked #32 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed July 3, 2011

My name is Rob. I am Associate Editor of BN Magazine. I recently visited Miami for the very first time and had an exceptional stay at the Edgewater hotel. The friendly staff to the comfortable room and the VIP customer service... I will be coming back very soon!!! Rob

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
EdgewaterSouthBeach, General Manager at Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2011

Dear Rob,

Thank you so much for your review! We are thrilled to hear you had a good time. Let us know when you return to the area. We would love to have you stay with us again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,679)

Reviewed July 2, 2011

Great experience. Staff was courteous & accommodating. I caught an earlier flight and instead of having to wait, the staff moved expeditiously to get me a room ready. Can't wait to stay there again. Not far from wet willies or news cafe my favorite locations in Miami.

• Stayed: June 2011

Dear Zwhite1914,

Thank you for your review. We are glad you had a wonderful time at The Edgewater South Beach. We hope to see you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 28, 2011

My best friend I have known since high school and I decided we needed a break and I planned our trip to South Beach this June. As everyone knows, most times when you view the pictures and the virtual tours you’re getting the hotel at its best, not necessarily what you will get when you arrive.

To make a long story short, Edgewater Suites delivered....and then some!!!!! I felt like I was in one of the beautiful pictures. The hotel is very discrete, no flashing lights and craziness. When the Super Shuttle dropped us off we were immediately greeted outside. The room was spotless, the service was incredible, and this was an experience she and I will never forget.

Everything we needed was at our hotel. Happy hour to get the evening started on a beautiful veranda with an incredible view of South Beach. I couldn't believe what I was seeing...the location is ideal. The $18 a day resort fee gets you beach chairs, a freshly laundered beach towel, and plenty of ice water readily available….worth every penny. The staff, including the owner and hotel manager, is professional to a fault, something I truly value as a consumer. There is even a secured door in the evening that only guests with the code issued can enter the building! AWESOME 

I would suggest this hotel to anyone, but not too many people (they may mess it up lol). Johnny and Rafael are the best and if I don’t stop myself from typing I could go on forever about my wonderful experience. I will close with I will be back in September for my birthday and I can’t wait!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
EdgewaterSouthBeach, General Manager at Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2011

Dear Chynataleah,

Thank you for your review. We are glad you and your best friend had such a great time while staying at The Edgewater South Beach. We are happy the facilities met your needs and the staff provided a lovely experience. We hope to see you back in September for your Birthday!

Reviewed June 27, 2011

I loved every minute of the Edgewater Hotel! I enjoyed my room to the utmost. We were impressed with the room! It exceeded our expectations and the location was the best...minutes away from the beach and other venues. Rafael gave us the best service! We will defnitely be back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Javon W
EdgewaterSouthBeach, General Manager at Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2011

Dear Conskeeted51,

Thank you for your nice feedback. We are glad you liked The Edgewater South Beach and the services we provided. We hope to see you back sometime in the near future.

Reviewed June 18, 2011

My fiance and I made a 2 day reservation for a quick stay before we headed to the Keys. We checked in fairly early in the day. We were excited to start our vacation and were immediately impressed by the lobby and decor. We checked into our room and it looked very nice based on the size and how modern it looked. I immediately checked the bed because cleanliness is the number one thing I look for. I saw a hair on the sheets but tried to be positive and removed it myself hoping it was a fluke. I rolled down the blanket to make sure there wasn't more.... there was! I called the front desk and asked that they send someone up to change the sheets while we ran to lunch. They agreed. I went to the bathroom before we left and realized the toilet didn't flush! Who gives someone a room with a non-functioning toilet?! Did they think we wouldn't notice?

We went to the front desk and asked for a different room. They agreed and let us look at another room. We walked into room #2 only to be hit with an overwhelming smoke stench. It was like someone smoked a pack of cigarettes in there the night before. We are non-smokers and wanted a room that didn't reak.

We asked for another room.... one with clean sheets, a working toilet, and that didn't smell... they gave us another key. We walked into room #3 and it was beautiful. It looked even nicer, bigger and more modern. The view was better. We wanted so badly for there to be nothing wrong but needed to inspect anyway. I went to check on the toilet and my fiance on the sheets. There was more hair but that wasn't the best part. I turned on the bathroom light and roaches scattered on the floor and in the shower. That was in the daytime. Can you imagine what happens at night?!???! We had enough.

We decided that we were leaving fast. After some discussion, we convinced them to give us our first night's deposit back. Really?! As if there should be any argument on that. We spent 30 mins in the hotel only to be disgusted the entire time on the first day of our vacation. The valet took 20-25 mins to get our car and when we got in, we saw that he left trash in it.

I would rather sleep on the street than ever step foot in that place again! Awful!

Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
12  Thank KGrig
EdgewaterSouthBeach, General Manager at Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2011

Dear KGrig,
Thank you for your valued feedback.
Even though your findings are very much out of character we apologize deeply for the inconvenience you might have experienced during your arrival. We looked into the issues immediately. We take these issues very seriously and have addressed our housekeeping and engineering team. Please accept our most sincere apology regarding your experience at the start of your vacation. We contacted an outside company to inspect room #3 you looked at. We are pleased to announce we received a clean report. Please know that we do not take these issues lightly and the reviews we get here on Trip Advisor are being used to help us improve the property and provide an improved experience for all of our future guests.

Reviewed June 17, 2011

Great hotel, would definitely stay here again. The staff was very nice, room was clean and looked brand new. The happy hour was great along with the view. Cant beat the price for the location and the exceptional customer service. Recomend to all my friends.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ray89wr

Dear Ray89wr,

Thank you so much for your nice review. We are happy you found the hotel very clean, the staff friendly and the daily roof top happyhour enjoyable.
We hope to see you back many times in the future.

Reviewed June 15, 2011

When looking to book our trip to South Beach I researched many hotels and after reading other reviews, visiting their website and so on we decided to book our stay at the Edgewater South Beach. During our Stay at the hotel 9-12 June the outstanding service we received from all staff was incredible. All the wonderful staff, especially Kevin and Ernesto, exemplifies what true guest services should be. Our room was definitely spacious and contemporary; it contained all the amenities needed during a vacation, including microwave and refrigerator. Happy hour on the Rooftop Terrace is delightful with an unbelievable view. It’s conveniently located near all the restaurants and hotspots and directly across the street from the beach, which makes you feel like you’re right on the beach. They provide towels and beach chairs which is also an added bonus. We were so impressed during our stay that we were making plans to return before we even left. We will definitely be back during our trip in August.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear MissyNU,

Looking forward to see you again in August! Glad you enjoyed your stay. We always share all feedback received with the team and will make sure the associates mentioned will be recognized for delivering a nice experience during your stay with us.