“best of the best”

Ranked #30 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Washington, DC
“best of the best”
Reviewed June 28, 2011

My best friend I have known since high school and I decided we needed a break and I planned our trip to South Beach this June. As everyone knows, most times when you view the pictures and the virtual tours you’re getting the hotel at its best, not necessarily what you will get when you arrive.

To make a long story short, Edgewater Suites delivered....and then some!!!!! I felt like I was in one of the beautiful pictures. The hotel is very discrete, no flashing lights and craziness. When the Super Shuttle dropped us off we were immediately greeted outside. The room was spotless, the service was incredible, and this was an experience she and I will never forget.

Everything we needed was at our hotel. Happy hour to get the evening started on a beautiful veranda with an incredible view of South Beach. I couldn't believe what I was seeing...the location is ideal. The $18 a day resort fee gets you beach chairs, a freshly laundered beach towel, and plenty of ice water readily available….worth every penny. The staff, including the owner and hotel manager, is professional to a fault, something I truly value as a consumer. There is even a secured door in the evening that only guests with the code issued can enter the building! AWESOME 

I would suggest this hotel to anyone, but not too many people (they may mess it up lol). Johnny and Rafael are the best and if I don’t stop myself from typing I could go on forever about my wonderful experience. I will close with I will be back in September for my birthday and I can’t wait!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
EdgewaterSouthBeach, General Manager at Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, South Beach, responded to this review, June 29, 2011
Dear Chynataleah,

Thank you for your review. We are glad you and your best friend had such a great time while staying at The Edgewater South Beach. We are happy the facilities met your needs and the staff provided a lovely experience. We hope to see you back in September for your Birthday!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I loved every minute of the Edgewater Hotel! I enjoyed my room to the utmost. We were impressed with the room! It exceeded our expectations and the location was the best...minutes away from the beach and other venues. Rafael gave us the best service! We will defnitely be back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Javon W
EdgewaterSouthBeach, General Manager at Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, South Beach, responded to this review, June 30, 2011
Dear Conskeeted51,

Thank you for your nice feedback. We are glad you liked The Edgewater South Beach and the services we provided. We hope to see you back sometime in the near future.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 18, 2011

My fiance and I made a 2 day reservation for a quick stay before we headed to the Keys. We checked in fairly early in the day. We were excited to start our vacation and were immediately impressed by the lobby and decor. We checked into our room and it looked very nice based on the size and how modern it looked. I immediately checked the bed because cleanliness is the number one thing I look for. I saw a hair on the sheets but tried to be positive and removed it myself hoping it was a fluke. I rolled down the blanket to make sure there wasn't more.... there was! I called the front desk and asked that they send someone up to change the sheets while we ran to lunch. They agreed. I went to the bathroom before we left and realized the toilet didn't flush! Who gives someone a room with a non-functioning toilet?! Did they think we wouldn't notice?

We went to the front desk and asked for a different room. They agreed and let us look at another room. We walked into room #2 only to be hit with an overwhelming smoke stench. It was like someone smoked a pack of cigarettes in there the night before. We are non-smokers and wanted a room that didn't reak.

We asked for another room.... one with clean sheets, a working toilet, and that didn't smell... they gave us another key. We walked into room #3 and it was beautiful. It looked even nicer, bigger and more modern. The view was better. We wanted so badly for there to be nothing wrong but needed to inspect anyway. I went to check on the toilet and my fiance on the sheets. There was more hair but that wasn't the best part. I turned on the bathroom light and roaches scattered on the floor and in the shower. That was in the daytime. Can you imagine what happens at night?!???! We had enough.

We decided that we were leaving fast. After some discussion, we convinced them to give us our first night's deposit back. Really?! As if there should be any argument on that. We spent 30 mins in the hotel only to be disgusted the entire time on the first day of our vacation. The valet took 20-25 mins to get our car and when we got in, we saw that he left trash in it.

I would rather sleep on the street than ever step foot in that place again! Awful!

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
12 Thank KGrig
EdgewaterSouthBeach, General Manager at Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, South Beach, responded to this review, June 20, 2011
Dear KGrig,
Thank you for your valued feedback.
Even though your findings are very much out of character we apologize deeply for the inconvenience you might have experienced during your arrival. We looked into the issues immediately. We take these issues very seriously and have addressed our housekeeping and engineering team. Please accept our most sincere apology regarding your experience at the start of your vacation. We contacted an outside company to inspect room #3 you looked at. We are pleased to announce we received a clean report. Please know that we do not take these issues lightly and the reviews we get here on Trip Advisor are being used to help us improve the property and provide an improved experience for all of our future guests.
Pensacola Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Great hotel, would definitely stay here again. The staff was very nice, room was clean and looked brand new. The happy hour was great along with the view. Cant beat the price for the location and the exceptional customer service. Recomend to all my friends.

1 Thank ray89wr
Dear Ray89wr,

Thank you so much for your nice review. We are happy you found the hotel very clean, the staff friendly and the daily roof top happyhour enjoyable.
We hope to see you back many times in the future.
Germantown, Maryland
Reviewed June 15, 2011

When looking to book our trip to South Beach I researched many hotels and after reading other reviews, visiting their website and so on we decided to book our stay at the Edgewater South Beach. During our Stay at the hotel 9-12 June the outstanding service we received from all staff was incredible. All the wonderful staff, especially Kevin and Ernesto, exemplifies what true guest services should be. Our room was definitely spacious and contemporary; it contained all the amenities needed during a vacation, including microwave and refrigerator. Happy hour on the Rooftop Terrace is delightful with an unbelievable view. It’s conveniently located near all the restaurants and hotspots and directly across the street from the beach, which makes you feel like you’re right on the beach. They provide towels and beach chairs which is also an added bonus. We were so impressed during our stay that we were making plans to return before we even left. We will definitely be back during our trip in August.

Dear MissyNU,

Looking forward to see you again in August! Glad you enjoyed your stay. We always share all feedback received with the team and will make sure the associates mentioned will be recognized for delivering a nice experience during your stay with us.
Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 15, 2011

We planned our citytrip to Miami a few months ago and couldn't wait to stay in the Edgewater. Upon arrival the friendly receptionist checked us in and we went to the room. In one word: WOW!!! The suite was incredible with a large balcony overlooking Lumus Park, the beach and the ocean. The next morning we wanted to do some shopping and the moment we arrived downstairs, Rafael (the concierge) came to us asking if we needed any help. He arranged a driver for us to take us to the mall and also booked some excursions for us.
Very fantastic service! During our stay he was there to help us whenever we needed information or anything. Thumbs up for Rafael!!!
Receptionist Johnny also is a great guy, just like everybody in the hotel! The really know how to do their jobs!
The hotel arranges the happy hour on the rooftop terrace, which we joined only once (unfortunately). You get the chance to meet other hotelguests and talk to the hotelstaff and manager Frank and off course enjoy the fantastic view!
The rooms all have a small refrigerator, so you can keep your own drinks cold.
The hotel is situated on the north of Ocean Drive, a quiet block just one block from all the action.
We had a great stay in the Edgewater and really are planning to return there in the near future.
Thanks again: Frank, Johnny and Rafael!!

Dear Emyehe,

It was wonderful to have you as our guests during your visit to South Beach! We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your nice feedback. We are glad the staff was accomodating and helpful. We look forward to your next visit.
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I normally do not write reviews, but I feel I must commend the excellent service at the Edgewater suites in South Beach (Poor Rafael that toted my heavy luggage to the shuttle bus). My service was excellent from the beginning. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful. My room was clean with no issues to report. The room decor was very modern. It felt like home. I enjoyed the happy hour, which was a great start to every evening. The hotel was right in the middle of everything South Beach has to offer. The beach was right across the street. I truly enjoyed my little getaway. I would definitely stay at the Edgewater Suites again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Princess0836
EdgewaterSouthBeach, General Manager at Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, South Beach, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Dear Princess0836,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback!
We will share it with all associates working at the hotel.
We are looking forward to you next visit.