“Bryan at La Côte- ABOVE AND BEYOND”
Review of La Cote

La Cote
Reserve with OpenTable
La Cote is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 1,090 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 44th & Collins
Description: Sparkling French Mediterranean cuisine is presented in a chic, two-level restaurant situated beach and poolside, with sweeping views of the ocean and great sunset vistas.Inspired by the lifestyle of the Cote d'Azur, the ambiance is both laid-back and lively. Enjoy the unspoiled, simple dishes of the South of France - tapas-style starters of Greek mezze and tabouleh, raw bar selections, a signature salad of pressed crab and lobster, custardy tomato-and-Brie quiche, jumbo prawns and branzino fish and tenderloin of beef fresh off a sizzling grill. Addictive desserts and fashionable cocktails round out the experience.
RIC, VA
“Bryan at La Côte- ABOVE AND BEYOND”
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Ate last night on the patio with business colleagues. Illuminated menus? Check. Illuminated billfolds? Check. But how was the food and experience?

Set on the Miami Beach oceanfront at the famed Fontainebleau, this place oozes Miami. Servers cladded in white, ambient groove pop in the background, and probably among the best cocktails I've ever had. Try the ginger mint. You won't be disappointed.

Food is French coastal themed, a nice Mediterranean diversion from the Miami Cuban fusion seen many other places. I had the surf and turf with a side of mushroom gratin (OMG) shared with the table. The steak was cooked per my picky request (yes, restaurants screw up rare more times than not) and the head-on prawns were delicious. The table shared the hazelnut spread beignets, which finished the night off just right. But wait... There's more.

Though we are staying at the Eden Roc, which is lovely, Bryan (our Bay Stater waiter) offered us a tour of the Fontainebleau. He showed us around and gave us the historical story of this resort icon. Not a touristy guy myself, I was impressed nonetheless with his efforts, how well he spoke of the establishment, and how he knew his audience (us... We're fun) and spoke at our level. He made me WANT to stay at the Fontainebleau and likely earned my business when next in Miami.

What sets this place apart are the people...the primo quality of the food and drink is superfluous. Kudos to the Fontainebleau, La Côte, and Bryan on a very nice evening.

1 Thank gregnreg

Southbury, Connecticut
“Great Garlic Shrimp For Lunch!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Had a wonderful late lunch yesterday -surprisingly good for hotel food!
Wonderful ambience with birds, pool, and ocean nearby. The garlic shrimp was incredible, followed by a great octopus salad ( if octopus is on the menu, I order it)! My daughter had the cheeseburger with cartelized onions and Brie which was wonderful.
Do not miss this opportunity to experience great food at the Fountainbleau Hotel - we will definitely return again for lunch.

Visited November 2013
“View from sea to plate”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Decided to visit La Cote this afternoon with my gf for lunch before hitting the beach. First off, while walking up the boardwalk, its hard to miss this place! We had the opportunity to sit upstairs and have an ocean view while we dine..mind you this is one of the onky places in miami beach to dine with an ocean view without staying at an actual hotel..kudos to them! We had an amazing snapper with spinach and charred tomatoes along with the chicken pailard. At first I wanted the mussels dish but I was skewed towards the fish after our wonderful server Brooke informed us that the resort has their own fishing boat and receives fresh fish on a daily basis and it was so fresh I thought it was breathing! Unfortunately we wre on a tight budget so liquor was a no go but after reviewing the drink menu, I MUST come back for gin collins with raspberry..kudos to the staff for our experience and Brooke for nailing all the right points! We will be back for sure!

• Visited November 2013
Oakland, New Jersey
“Great service with wonderful drinks and food!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The waitress Alejandra was extremely helpful in making drink and food reccomendations- loved the Ginger Tea drink and Tempura Sandwich!

Visited October 2013
NYC
“Yum!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

What a perfect lunch break from the sun.
Great appetizers. Their calamari, Haloumi salad, and garlic shrimp were my favorites!
Ate here everyday during our stay, too good not to return

• Visited October 2013