“Good pricey food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Cote

La Cote
Reserve with OpenTable
La Cote is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 1,074 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Bar, Seafood, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 44th & Collins
Description: Sparkling French Mediterranean cuisine is presented in a chic, two-level restaurant situated beach and poolside, with sweeping views of the ocean and great sunset vistas.Inspired by the lifestyle of the Cote d'Azur, the ambiance is both laid-back and lively. Enjoy the unspoiled, simple dishes of the South of France - tapas-style starters of Greek mezze and tabouleh, raw bar selections, a signature salad of pressed crab and lobster, custardy tomato-and-Brie quiche, jumbo prawns and branzino fish and tenderloin of beef fresh off a sizzling grill. Addictive desserts and fashionable cocktails round out the experience.
VA
“Good pricey food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

We were seated outside. Our waitress was nice, but we couldn't help but notice that she used "little" or "small" to describe the portions of many of the dishes we asked about. We mentioned that many of the "security guards" didn't seem to know where things were in the hotel. She mentioned that many of the servers were just hired before the spring break onslaught. She was also a fairly new transplant. The food was good, but the portions were indeed small and pricey. You are definitely paying for the real estate here. The bread pudding dessert was larger than our entrees!

Visited March 2013

“Fantastic service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic service by Ebgy! He gave us all of the specials, returned promptly with our champagne and expedited our food. He also gave us every precaution with what we ordered...ie, spicy, bacon, etc. Please promote him! He really is service oriented. Sadly, not all of the outlets at Fontainbleau are up to par.

1 Thank K M
Hyde Park, NY
“Delicious and $$$”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed at the Fontainbleau for a week in January for a conference and ate here twice. Once for lunch, once for dinner. It's not cheap, but you're paying for the real estate more than the food.
I thought lunch was delicious. Drinks were well prepared, it was a nice atmosphere (unfortunately the weather was not nice enough to sit upstairs). I had the mahi mahi sandwich and it was yummy. My daughter enjoyed her lunch as well, they have a nice kids menu. It's a great spot to eat if you're taking a break from the pool, you can eat in your coverup, etc. Service was great.

Dinner was also delicious, but our waitress was unpleasant. Problem one was OpenTable allows you to make a dinner reservation until 5:30pm. So I booked that time. The hostess seated us in the 'only area that is still open'. Which meant there was absolutely no opportunity to sit upstairs (it was cool anyway). So we took our seats and our waitress marched up to us and bitterly stated, we close at 6pm, so I need your orders immediately. I'm sorry our $180 wasn't worth her time, but the fact is the hotel should close the Open Table Reservations at 5pm, not 5:30pm if the staff are going to be rude about diners coming at that time. We smiled politely and place our orders. The calamari was delicious - it is tossed with olives and feta and chilis and was absolutely delightful! For my entree I had the lobster thermidor and it was outstanding. What a delicious combination of mushrooms, cheese and lobster, the salad it was paired with was delicious too. My husband had one of the pasta dishes and thought it excellent as well. I think overall this is a tasty venue, the dishes are fresh and vibrant and the atmosphere is relaxing.
The other mishap from our waitress was we had a discount card for a minimal amount off since we were conference attendess. We paid the check and she didn't give the card back. We got up and started to leave and I said where is our conference card and she said oh I threw it out! I said why?! She said well it's a one time use card. I said no, it is not, I've been using it for 6 days now and you're the first one here to throw it away. She went and got it and handed it back to me in two pieces and said, sorry I tore it in half and there's nothing I can do about it. She was very unpleasant and rude about it. So note to anyway using one of these cards, don't let them throw it away. I had to go to the concierge who obligingly taped it back together for me and apologized for the server. Lastly, the waitress spent the whole time moving furniture and packing the place up for the night, to the point we had to flag her down several times to get drinks, etc. Again, I think if they need time to visibly clean up, then set the last reservation back to 5pm, so guests don't have to be part of the process. Kudos to the chef! Food was awesome!!!!

• Visited January 2013
nyc
“Ocean view Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

La Cote at the Fountainbleu has a beautiful terrace overlooking the ocean. The music is great and so is the ambiance. Its a perfect lunch place with an array of choices.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank looshi
“Fantastic Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I was with my family on vacation and we wanted a nice place to eat lunch outdoors and another family we met recommended us to this restaurant. We had a wonderful experience, not only was the food unbelievable but the atmosphere and service was first class. Our waiter Bryan was very attentive and made our experience a memorable one. I would recommend if you are in Miami to definitely eat here, best Mahi sandwich I've ever had!