“Amazing anniversary dinner and we met "Top Chef"”
Review of Scarpetta

Scarpetta
Reserve with OpenTable
Scarpetta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 1,097 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 44th & Colllins
Description: Scarpetta, by James Beard award recipient Scott Conant, offers a regional Italian menu combining the simplicity of Italy's cucina rustica with the refined flavors of fine cuisine amidst breathtaking views. An Italian expression that means "little shoe" - or the shape bread takes when used to soak up a dish - Scarpetta represents the pure pleasure of savoring a meal down to its very last taste. Scarpetta at Fontainebleau is also a recipient of the AAA Four Diamond Award. With more than a decade of experience in the culinary industry, Chef de Cuisine Marlon Rambaran brings his culinary prowess to Scarpetta.
Miami, Florida
“Amazing anniversary dinner and we met "Top Chef"”
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

This was possibly one of the best dining experiences we have had, just like the last time we were here. Scarpetta is absolutely one of Miami's best restaurants in one of the most impressive hotels. We enjoyed everything about our meal including the awesome service we received from Giancarlo, our server. We did the tasting menu and he listened to all our comments and brought out dishes exactly catered to our tastes. He did not miss a thing, including my comment about Chef de Cuisine, Nina Compton, who is a "Top Chef" contestant on the Bravo TV show. At the end of our meal he surprised us by bringing Chef Nina to our table to meet us and take a picture. Thank you Giancarlo and Scarpetta for making this a truly memorable evening! You must try the tasting menu as this will allow you to experience all the incredible dishes and flavors of this incredible restaurant! A must try when in a Miami!

Visited January 2014

• Turkish first
Raleigh
“Excellent service and delicious food”
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

This was my first trip to the fountainbleu hotel. The hotel itself is very large and overwhelming. The restaurant itself is very glam South Florida. I started w the octopus which was to die for and for entree I had pork shank. It was a very large helping and very tasty. The side brussel sprouts and polenta were very salty. The surprise hit was my mother's pasta. It was basic pasta in red sauce and it was to die for. The servers were very knowledgable and professional. It is definitely expensive but worth it. I would go back

San Antonio, Texas
“ok overrated”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

went with family,first they wanted to sit us in bar area for dinnerI said no we wanted to sit in main room. Could not believe that. Wine was ok food ok nothing great to many other places that are better.

Boston, MA
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We ate at Scarpetta in January while staying at the Fontainebleau during a rainy, cold snap in Miami. We were hoping that a good meal would cure our bad weather luck blues. I knew as a gluten intolerant person that I was taking a bit of a chance eating in a Italian restaurant, but the servers and the chef went above and beyond and were able to provide us with the tasting menu that was entirely gluten free. The 2nd course pasta dish was some of the best pasta I've ever had, period. I nearly cried with joy being able to eat pasta that actually tasted like pasta again. I highly recommend it. All the other courses were fantastic.

This place is worth the price tag. Yes, tip is included. This is Miami. We went several places on and off the FB property that were auto-grat. Don't take offense, it is what it is for all customers. We added beyond the extra 2% because we felt with the service it was warranted.

Bottom line: great food, great experience. We will certainly return our next time.

home
“Great food”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Wish the server mentioned gratuity was added. I should have known better, shame on me, shame on him. I know it's Miami, and I forgot, but he knew we were from the midwest and that we tip !! I hate tipping 20+% on a check that has already had the gratuity added. Down the road, not such a good idea.

The food and menu were very good, and very accommodating to my vegan friend. Everything was yummy. For $50 less, it would have been awesome. A little Vegas-like.

I'm more an independent hotel/restaurant lover, so if you like Vegas style venues, it works, although the food was extremely good.

Visited November 2013