“Great service, great wine”
Review of Scarpetta

Scarpetta
Reserve with OpenTable
Scarpetta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 1,137 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 44th & Colllins
Description: Scarpetta, by James Beard award recipient Scott Conant, offers a regional Italian menu combining the simplicity of Italy's cucina rustica with the refined flavors of fine cuisine amidst breathtaking views. An Italian expression that means "little shoe" - or the shape bread takes when used to soak up a dish - Scarpetta represents the pure pleasure of savoring a meal down to its very last taste. Scarpetta at Fontainebleau is also a recipient of the AAA Four Diamond Award. With more than a decade of experience in the culinary industry, Chef de Cuisine Marlon Rambaran brings his culinary prowess to Scarpetta.
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I had an amazing experience at scarpetta last night. The service was fast and professional. We were interested in the wine list so our server brought over the sommelier, Alan. He was very knowlegeable and paired us up with the perfect wines throughout our meal. Very nice dinner. Will be back for sure!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,403)

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I've traveled all over the US trying different italian restaurants and all over Europe, as well, but I'm trying to visit this restaurant as often as I can, because I can never get enough of their deliciously made food!! They know flavor, they know presentation, they know service!! The absolute best spaghetti I've had in the east coast!! Simple, but exquisite!! That's what Italian food should be about!!
They changed some of their appetizers which are also excellent!! Specially the creamy polenta and the farmers market salad with its cheese is to die for...!! Literally! Amazing!!
The deserts are also worth to take a look at, but your absolute best bet is probable the chocolate zeppole!!
Now that's a dessert!!
Again, one of the best desserts I've had!!
The staff is great, view is divine and they always remember us, even if we get down there only about twice a year.
If you get the chance, don't miss out on this place, because it might be one of those places where you're always wanting to go back to in the future!! ;)
Guaranteed to me!! :)
Enjoy!!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I just had a wonderful experience at scarpetta tonight. The girl who provided the water and bread service who is named Elizabeth was wonderful. She was so positive and energetic and was not afraid to take additional requests such as dessert order,etc. she was so nice and helpful that it made our night. It was our anniversary and she clearly made it a great experience. I have judged talent for many years and she will definitely progress to a waitress and beyond. I hope this restaurant does not lose her. The food was also fantastic. I had the corn ravioli and it was a home run. Great place for a nice classy night. The prices were also resasonable specially since this place is in the Fontaineblue hotel.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Flawless, in every respect. Go.
From the lighting, to the service details, to the amazing food from start to finish, you must
dine at Scarpetta's at least once while in Miami. Request a table with an ocean view. The tables are not squeezed together which adds to the experience if you are celebrating a special occasion or just looking for a fine dining night out. I could not find one negative thing about this great restaurant on Miami Beach.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

The food here was both interesting and delicious. The only drawbacks were the nightmare of negotiating valet parking at Fontainebleau and a little too much upsell by the server. We selected several restaurants including Scarpetta because they were participating in Miami Spice. It's a great way to sample several dishes at one sitting. The octopus starter was amazing; not overpowering but a subtle smoky flavor. The shortrib agnolotti was fantastic. We also selected the wine pairing but for some reason they decided to bring 2 of the 3 wines immediately after ordering. I was also surprised that the server tried very hard to upsell us to extra courses and the Chef's Tasting menu. That's not really the experience I expect at a restaurant of this caliber.