“Yumminess”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Scarpetta

Scarpetta
Ranked #48 of 1,074 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Scenic view, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 44th & Colllins
Description: Scarpetta, by James Beard award recipient Scott Conant, offers a regional Italian menu combining the simplicity of Italy's cucina rustica with the refined flavors of fine cuisine amidst breathtaking views. An Italian expression that means "little shoe" - or the shape bread takes when used to soak up a dish - Scarpetta represents the pure pleasure of savoring a meal down to its very last taste. Scarpetta at Fontainebleau is also a recipient of the AAA Four Diamond Award. With more than a decade of experience in the culinary industry, Chef de Cuisine Marlon Rambaran brings his culinary prowess to Scarpetta.
nyc
“Yumminess”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

So I'm back in Miami for a little bit of business & pleasure. Scarpetta never fails had a wonderful experience with some friends tried some new dishes that were on the menu can't ask for more. My server Brittney I believe was her name was very attentive. I'll def be back soon I love the Fontainebleau.

• Turkish first
Hackensack, New Jersey
“Phenomenal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

The service was tremendous Ryan and Helen went out of their way to ensure we had a spectacular dining experience. Ryan our server was very knowledgeable about all the dishes and served them expertly. We enjoyed the Chef's tasting menu and every course was perfectly cooked and the portions were excellent. We were informed that Nina was the chef and she cooked a tremendous meal. Every time we visit Miami we will definitely reserve a dinner @ Scarpetta. This is what a night out should be!

New York
“Italian? Really?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

The service in this restaurant was terrible. We waited over an hour to get served after we ordered. It should be called a seafood place, because that's what's mostly on the menu. No real Italian food! Portions are ridiculously small, (I'm 125lbs, and I was still hunger) Would never go back

Visited July 2013
New York City, New York
“So many managers and still terrible service!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

My friends and I ate here on this past sat and it was the worse. We were celebrating a promotion so figure we would celebrate in class. To begin we waited 20 minutes beyond our reservation time.. When taken to our table the host wanted to sit us in "the lounge" area after repeating serveral times to her we would like the main dinning room. Once seated we then realize the room was so dark we couldn't even read our menus. Next the waiter was so sloppy and moody and right off the back suggested we order the chicken and spaghetti. I'm confused did we look like we could only afford chicken???? We wanted to address this issue with the "suit and tie" people (managers) but obviously they were too busy standing by the bar chatting it up and on their phones.. Yes observation is very important. The food was ok and no we did not get the chicken but instead the lamb chops branzino and a couple sides. The guys alone with the one young lady who brought the food out was probably the only good thing that came from service that night. They help make room at the table by clearing empty items that were in the way of dropping the food.. Also one other thing my friends and I notice was how the young lady who brought the dishes out notice our water glasses were empty and simply ask "would you like more water" we replied yes and she grab an employee and right away he brought more water. Good eye I may say. Overall the experience was not what we expected in such a high upscale restaurant. So there you have it! Thanks for the 18% service charge gotta love that.

Florence, South Carolina
“Excellent choice for large group”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Scarpetta did a wonderful job with our business dinner for seven. We were seated on time and they were definitely ready for us from a service standpoint. Our waiter was excellent and we appreciated his recommendations throughout the evening. In fact, if I had to say one thing, it would be to allow the wait staff to choose items for tasting. It was the most memorable part of our meal. The house made pasta dishes were excellent!

Visited April 2013