“Great restaurant”
Review of Scarpetta

Scarpetta
Reserve with OpenTable
Scarpetta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 1,116 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 44th & Colllins
Description: Scarpetta, by James Beard award recipient Scott Conant, offers a regional Italian menu combining the simplicity of Italy's cucina rustica with the refined flavors of fine cuisine amidst breathtaking views. An Italian expression that means "little shoe" - or the shape bread takes when used to soak up a dish - Scarpetta represents the pure pleasure of savoring a meal down to its very last taste. Scarpetta at Fontainebleau is also a recipient of the AAA Four Diamond Award. With more than a decade of experience in the culinary industry, Chef de Cuisine Marlon Rambaran brings his culinary prowess to Scarpetta.
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We visited the restaurant on our last night at the hotel. They kindly gave us many options for seating since we changed our mind a couple of times. We originally had a waiter who we ordered drinks from, and he was so attentive, but when we moved tables we had another waiter because we were in another section. Our original waiter seamlessly gave our drink order to our new waiter and we never had to reorder and they got our order correct.

Our new waiter Dominic was very kind and attentive and remembered my food allergy after I only mentioned it once, and made sure I didn't taste anything with nuts.

The food was excellent. i had a spahgetti, which was fresh, and the other person in my party had the duck ravioli. Both great.

the service was excellent and the host even tok pictures for us.

Great experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,385)

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Scarpetta super beutifull , energetic, ambiance ,decoration and food one of top of the line elegant restaursnt at the moment in FL .Very handsomes servers on the dinning area including my server Carlito and the super smart bartender Mike , all of them very heplfull and smiling .This place was what i call nyc top restaurant in betwen the service decoration and food .Amaizing from the door with the glamorous hostes and the very movie start look the guy David was all of this the reason for exectional dinner experience at the fountaine bleau hotel .I make sure that that all my nyc best friends coworkers and family member whenever they visit miami they go to Scarpetta and experience on the five start restaurant lounge and the glamour of elegant in service of this excetional new place in the fountaine bleau .

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Where can I start?? The restaurant is very lovely and John Carlo, our waiter was efficient and extremely pleasant!!

Although, my husband and I enjoyed the octopus appetizer, our swordfish and duck entrees, it all took a back seat to the BEST DESSERT IN THE WORLD; the Chocolate Zeppole with crème anglaise sauce. Usually I am not a chocolate person, but this was heaven on a plate. I asked John Carlo if he could bottle the sauce for me, so I could drink it. LOL! The zeppole was very moist and not overly sweet. It was perfect!!! When I returned home to New Jersey, near Philadelphia, I went on the Scarpetta, New York web site to see if the zeppole was on the menu. Unfortunately, it was not, because I would be in my car right now, driving two hours to New York to have dinner. I guess I have an excuse to go back to Miami.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I don't normally do the tasting menu, but there were so many things I wanted to try. Chef Scott Conant is known for many specialties, so I went for it. I was so happy I did. There were things that were a surprise too, like the short ribs that were outstanding. And the two pastas, the pici and the simple but fresh and tasty spaghetti marinara were some of the best ever. I must admit that by the time the beef and the fish arrived, I could only have a bite, but they were well worth the nibble! Service was outstanding and the sommelier walked me through the Italian wine selections by the glass, which I appreciated.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

i can't wait to go back the service is great and food outstanding,thanks edie for making so wonderfull this was the best service ever,great to know people can still delivered hospitality like you do..polenta is a must and duck ravioli