“Roman Basanda & Russell Karath”

Gotham Steak - Fontainebleau Miami Beach
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 44th & Collins
Description: "....gorgeous, service is solid and the 500-bottle wine selection overflows." - Miami New Times-Best of Miami® 2009 Best Steak House, Best New Restaurant - Alfred Portale, chef and owner of perennial New York City favorite Gotham Bar and Grill, is among the culinary leaders featured at Fontainebleau Miami Beach. Gotham Steak, encompasses two-levels with indoor and al fresco dining. Portale’s menu expands beyond modern American steakhouse fare to include fresh seafood, specialty cuts of meat and 500+ wines from around the world. Design highlights include a brilliant chandelier of hand-blown glass, an open exhibition kitchen and a two-level, glass-enclosed wine tower. Gotham Steak’s accessible cuisine appeals to both youthful diners looking for adventurous food and distinguished guests who appreciate time-honored cooking.
Reviewed August 20, 2013

If you were in Miami and did not visit Gotham Steak at Fontainebleau and did not have a chance to meet Roman Basanda (king of servers) and Russell Karath (wizard of the dessert world) then you should know that you missed a lot in your life. My wife and I were there August 11th to August 19th 2013 and had wonderful dinner experience at Gotham Steak. We ate three nights at Gotham stake and loved our food. What made our nights more enjoyable was the server Roman Basanda and Russell Karath.They were caring, friendly and sincere. Besides the great environment and good food Roman and Russell were the reasons why we liked Gotham Steak. Russell spoiled us with all kinds of wonderful desserts and the way they were presented. I would definitely go back to visit Gotham Steak just to have desserts by Russell Karath and chat with Roman Basanda. Thank you all for making our family vacation one of a kind with your hospitality.

4  Thank TUBA U
There are newer reviews for Gotham Steak - Fontainebleau Miami Beach

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Every time we go to Miami we are sure to make a stop at Gotham. Service is always superb and was just okay this time around.
Although there was a lovely steak presentation of a steak for two that's about all the server provided. We were disappointed to learn later that Gotham was participating in the "Miami Spice" event. Our server didn't let us know about any of that. We would have loved to enjoy a 3 course meal for $39 instead of what we got. Our bill was $350 for four people. Not terrible because that's what we were expecting, however we would have loved to know about other specials available.
Side dishes are usually enough to share (the potatoes are HUGE) but the asparagus was skimpy, as was the mac and cheese.
Overall, we left full and satisfied. We will be back for sure.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We celebrated our son's birthday and our anniversary at the Gotham Steakhouse and the food was phenomenal. My son's steak was delicious and my husband's Short Ribs were described as "the best meal I have had in a very long time!" The Heirloom tomato salad was wonderful and the desserts were enjoyed tremendously. Our server, Trevor, was attentive and very quick to respond to our requests. I would highly recommend.

2  Thank Monica S
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I expected a great steak but not. First we had to wait a long time and I had to send my steak back to the kitchen and not one time but two times. Finally, everybody was already done, I received "number three" and this one was ok but not a reason to come back. Too much money for a soso quality. Don't go!

2  Thank Paul A
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have been to Gotham quite a few times now and I have been impressed every time. I always have steak and Its always great. Sides are awesome too. Definatley try the cream corn.

2  Thank mark s