“Great restaurant”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 44th & Collins
Description: "....gorgeous, service is solid and the 500-bottle wine selection overflows." - Miami New Times-Best of Miami® 2009 Best Steak House, Best New Restaurant - Alfred Portale, chef and owner of perennial New York City favorite Gotham Bar and Grill, is among the culinary leaders featured at Fontainebleau Miami Beach. Gotham Steak, encompasses two-levels with indoor and al fresco dining. Portale’s menu expands beyond modern American steakhouse fare to include fresh seafood, specialty cuts of meat and 500+ wines from around the world. Design highlights include a brilliant chandelier of hand-blown glass, an open exhibition kitchen and a two-level, glass-enclosed wine tower. Gotham Steak’s accessible cuisine appeals to both youthful diners looking for adventurous food and distinguished guests who appreciate time-honored cooking.
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Recently visited the fountain bleau on business and had a function at Gotham steak. Everything was wonderful. So good in fact I came back the next night with my wife. The service at this restaurant is 5star. From beginning to end nothing is missed. One of our servers, David, recommended the duck for my meal. Normally I would have steak but since ate steak the night before, I went with his suggestion and it was amazing. My wife had steak and loved it. If in Miami, don't miss this place.

4 Thank MAVERICK3328

Manalapan, NJ
“Not the best”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

After reading all the reviews, I decided to go to Gotham. Nice bar and setting. Great service by our server Rama. But the steaks were average. I had a boneless ribeye that wasn't very flavorful. And my wife had an 8 oz filet that looked like 5 oz. The best part of the meal was the shafer merlot for $20/glass. Next time I will try Smiths.

2 Thank AndrewG1
“Great steak, great service, great vibe”
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Ok, firstly if your looking for a cheap steak don't come here. It's not over priced by any means but it's not for anyone looking for a simple cheap steak. The quality is top notch, the cuts excellent. In my opinion it's good value but I've no problem paying for premium meat. I visited a number of great steak restaurants in NYC and later San Fran, Vegas and LA and Gotham held its own throughout. It's been almost impossible for me to say which of the many steaks was the best but this would have to be right up there. The sides are really impressive and won't disappoint either. The overall vibe of the restaurant is as everywhere else in the Fontainebleau. Stylish and energetic, always inviting.
Pablo our waiter was more than helpful, very knowledgable and never far away when needed. If your staying at the Fontainebleau you need to dine here. If your not staying here I still recommend visiting for dinner. Drinks in the foyer before hand will get you into the Fontainebleau mood and you'll probably be kicking yourself for not staying on site! Enjoy

• Visited January 2013
4 Thank Matthew1510
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Top restaurant”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

After a bad first night in Miami because of the service of the restaurant we went to we came across this restaurant in one of the free guidebooks for our second night, and it was the exact opposite. We were sat down straight away and welcomed by a very friendly Canadian called Trevor, his service was very good.Me and my husband both had steak, I had the fillet mignon and he had the NY strip both were really nice, the best steak i've had. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anybody.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank kellybinns88
Palm Springs, California
“Fantastic”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We were so impresssed with the food and the service Svatlana, we cancelled another reservation and went back a second time. It was a very pleasurable experience on multiple levels. I would highly recommend the resaurant for anyone who knows good food that is well prepared. do not miss the steak, which are as good as some of the very fine NY steak resaurants, and better than most.

5 Thank Barbara H