“My Favorite Italian Restaurant in Miami Beach”
Review of Altamare

Altamare
Ranked #409 of 1,116 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: on Lincoln between Alton Rd @ West Ave
Description: The best restaurant in South Beach for fresh and healthy seafood, featuring a beautiful ambiance, live music, and Daily Happy Hour Drink and Sushi Specials EVERYDAY 5pm-7PM! If you're looking for a relaxing, sophisticated, and refined dining experience in the heart of South Beach you will love Altamare! The restaurant recently had a complete renovation and is under new ownership and management, so the pictures here do not do it justice. Open until 1 AM, it's the perfect place to go to after shopping or a movie on Lincoln Road. It's right across the street from the movie theatre on Lincoln Road and Alton Road, next to Haven. The Octopus Appetizer and Daily Lobster Specials are among favorites, and the Primavera Pasta Apple Pie Dessert for vegetarians. Altamare is a hidden gem on Lincoln Road, far enough from all the chaos but close enough for all the fun.
Reviewed May 30, 2014

The location is at the end of Lincoln Road, so not the happening scene that the rest of the pedestrian walk Lincoln Road is, but it is very good Italian food, and the service was good, as well. We have probably tried a dozen Italian restaurants in Miami Beach, and this was the best we found. It isn't the tourist trap restaurant that dot Ocean Drive and Lincoln Road.

Give it a try! The one reservation I have is that it is expensive.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

We visited this restaurant on a Saturday night in April 2014. We were staying in south beach at the surfcomber hotel and the concierge recommended Altamare to us. The concierge booked a table for 8:30 pm while I was with her.
So Saturday night came around, we went to Altamare ......... The front of house hostess claimed she had no booking in our name. I spelled it to her three times . The reply ......" No you have no booking. " I then told her the concierge at the surfcomber had made the reservation. The reply ... "The concierge must have forgotten to make a booking"I then explained I was stood next to the concierge when the booking was made and gave her the confirmation of the booking I had received from the concierge at the hotel. The reply this time ...... A loud sigh and I was told "keep your hair on" and we were led to a table. We should have just walked out but I was a little too shocked to say very much!
The food was fine, the wine list good and reasonably priced and our waiter waspleasant.

My advice to the management of this restaurant is to get a new front of house host, the one you have is appalling!!!!

1  Thank Batchworthboys
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Definitely get the octopus appetizer. The restaurant is known for their great fish main courses. The restaurant is at the end of Lincoln Rd. just far enough away from the chaos of Lincoln Rd. It actually is quite and romantic.

Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Just ok, nothing impressive, food was ok. Service is questionable... didn't need 3 waiters to serve me, one is enough. No WOW factor. The only WOW was when I received the bill... Ehh. Didn't really leave satisfied.

2  Thank Toronto64
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Staff and management very rude. Avarage quality of food but super high bill. The waiter insisted to bring us allegedly amazing oisters that hadn't any particular connotations. Worst service I've experienced in my life. At 9.30 they started to hurry up and didn't even give us enough time to complete our meal. Moreover, additional 18% for service is standard. Therefore, you cannot express your sarisfation rate by choosing tips amount. Don't go there, no way