“Magnificent!!!”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: on Lincoln between Alton Rd @ West Ave
Description: The best restaurant in South Beach for fresh and healthy seafood, featuring a beautiful ambiance, live music, and Daily Happy Hour Drink and Sushi Specials EVERYDAY 5pm-7PM! If you're looking for a relaxing, sophisticated, and refined dining experience in the heart of South Beach you will love Altamare! The restaurant recently had a complete renovation and is under new ownership and management, so the pictures here do not do it justice. Open until 1 AM, it's the perfect place to go to after shopping or a movie on Lincoln Road. It's right across the street from the movie theatre on Lincoln Road and Alton Road, next to Haven. The Octopus Appetizer and Daily Lobster Specials are among favorites, and the Primavera Pasta Apple Pie Dessert for vegetarians. Altamare is a hidden gem on Lincoln Road, far enough from all the chaos but close enough for all the fun.
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Is my thrid time I visit the restaurant and I can't describe which of the three was the best, I love the seafood, and I consider that altamare is the best place to eat fresh food in Miami. My favorite appataizer was the octopus with farro and chorizo, the driks were amazing, I had the best mojito I ever had, Tomas, the bartender has techniques to make it spacial and wonderful ( he's from Lithuania). The service was spectacular, they show an interest on your experience in the restaurant, and I would say that it was the best!

1  Thank CarmenZuazu

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I had an excellent experience in Altamare, pompano is great , and king fish is Amaizing
I'm totally recommend this place

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I live in the neighborhood, stupid me I didn't come before, I only eat seafood, they have such a variety of fresh local fish and unusual seafood, razor clams and live sea scallops, we also tried the sepia, the fish of the day was excellent for $24, some fish I never heard of,(trigger fish). And what a sweet end, with a pear and creme tartlet with blue cheese honey and mascarpone ice cream, I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

The food was terrific. I had the Pompano and it was amazing. The drinks were also very good

Being from the Northeast, sitting outside in January was a real treat. They have valet parking so everything was very convenient

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Known for its selection of fish dishes this place has a very trendy feel to it, but you could understand the reason given that its in Lincoln Road. Their service pace is good you do not feel rushed...good timing. I enjoyed the grilled octopus with quinoa a must try if you come here. We had a course of cheese with orange marmalade...oh so good. I had the grilled dorado but it was not exactly to my liking, it tasted a bit soggy. My husband had the grouper fish and it was delicious...you guessed right I helped him along with his dinner. To end the evening we shared the flourless chocolate cake and it was sinfully delicious.