“Atrocious” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of De Luca - CLOSED

De Luca
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Lincoln Road Mall is in the heart of South Beach and accessible by a local bus shuttle (South Beach Local bus) and by buses from North Miami Beach, Downtown and all the surrounding areas. Stops are located at the cross section of Lincoln Road and Washington Street.
Naples
“Atrocious”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

The service, and attitude of the owner (if that's what he was), at this restaurant was abominable even by Miami Beach standards. It would have been funny but for the fact that I actually had to pay for my meal. Now, granted, I was there on Halloween night, which would have been good for perhaps an extra 30 minutes on the service, but an hour and a half?

I ordered a shrimp caesar in advance of my entree, which the waitress never put in until the last minute, and which came out with my truffle pasta. Rather than let me know or offer to take it off the bill she simply informed me that everything would come out at the same time, presumably whether I liked it or not. I'm no gourmand, but to my taste shrimp salad and truffle pasta doesn't usually go together, and in fact they did not. I was not happy with the situation but simply asked her politely if she would comp the salad, a no-brainer. It's not a cheap place, so I think I was entitled to more than a shrug of the shoulders.

What happened next was comical, sad or scary, depending on how you look at it. Rather than just throw us a bone so to speak the owner of the restaurant confronted us at our table and told us he would make no adjustment. His argument: I ate the lettuce from the salad (because at that point I was starving) and therefore I should have to pay for it, which was of course besides the point. To me this was unacceptable. The matter escalated into a full-on screaming fight in front of the whole place. At one point the owner actually threw his hands up in the air, yelling out "who owns this place?!! Who?!!" The idea that this guy would let the situation get so out of control is ridiculous. I was expecting cameras to come rolling out of the kitchen.

In the end, though, he wore me down, since, in his words, "if I didn't want the salad, I should have sent it back so it could be sold to another customer". Mmmmmmm.

• Visited November 2013

Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent food, excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Was just walking up Lincoln road looking for something to eat when I saw a sticker in the window with Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, so in I went. I choose the signature salad of apples, greens, walnuts, blue cheese and a nice light dressing. I asked for goats cheese instead of blue cheese and that was no problem.
It was delicious, so good that I went back another day for lunch and had the same. Nice Italian bread served with the salad and good coffee.
The service was excellent.
The inside could do with been freshened up but don't let this put you off.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Dublinlady28
Askim, Ostfold, Norway
“Lived up to the high appraisal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

We came here based on the very good trip advisor reviews and had high expectations. We all picked from the "todays specials" selections (ravioli, risotto and filet mignon). The food was great and all of us were very pleased with our selections. The servings were generous in size and the meat cooked as requested. Our waiter was extremely attentive and we lacked nothing.
The bill was a bit higher than expected. We checked the general prices on the menu before sitting down, but forgot to ask for the prices for today´s specials. These came in at about the double price of the standard main courses. Still worth the money, but we could have been informed and avoided the slightly unpleasant surprise

• Visited October 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent service and food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

My fiance and I were walking past and seen this place. The girl at the door Amanda was very inviting and we sat outside. Our waiter (I cant for the life of me remember his name) was great and very quick with everything. We ordered a few cocktails and food, and I must say the Mojito was amazing, and the food was to die for. The lobster ravioli a particular favorite.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Marc C
Halifax, Canada
“A lovely find.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Walking by and decided to try this place for lunch. The inside is basic in décor, but the staff were friendly and inviting. Our table was comfortable and our waiter, Henry was Fantastic! My salad was very yummy with mixed greens, sliced fennel, and pickled beets, my husband had a sandwich which he loved! We each has Americano coffees and shared the tiramisu for dessert. We meet the chef and expressed our thanks for making us such a lovely lunch. We will certainly return here on our next visit to Miami :)

• Visited September 2013