“Average..no better than that”
Review of De Luca - CLOSED

De Luca
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Lincoln Road Mall is in the heart of South Beach and accessible by a local bus shuttle (South Beach Local bus) and by buses from North Miami Beach, Downtown and all the surrounding areas. Stops are located at the cross section of Lincoln Road and Washington Street.
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Had an early dinner, service was moderate, food was ok, prices were high for the quality of the food. In fairness, my chicken parm was good. Almost certainly better italians on Lincoln Road.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Hello- I would like to write a scathing review of this place. My partner and I had dinner here at De Luca on Lincoln RD at around 930 PM last Saturday, January 26. First off, I'd like to say that this was not our first choice for a place to eat. We initially wanted to eat at Rosinella, but they were packed and booked up on tables, so we decided to try this place as it looked like there were several tables available. We walked in and were seated promptly by the waitress. For the exorbitant prices, the food was worse than a frozen dinner at Publix. The bread we received was cold and tasted stale. I asked the waitress to please bring hot bread, and she questioned why I was asking for hot, fresh bread. So, I get a different kind of bread the second time that was still cold and stale. We ordered a Caesar salad for 12 dollars and received romaine lettuce with hardly any dressing and no croutons; it was a cheaply made salad of extremely poor quality for the absurdly high price. I also ordered a glass of wine for $11 and the waitress brought the wine in a glass that was dirty, looked like it had been rinsed off and not dried before they poured the very little wine that was in it (and the wine was of extremely poor quality). At this point we decided to cancel our entrees after a long wait. I had this immense trepidation that the main course, for the money we were about to pay, was going to be so awful. The manager came to my table and started to accost me. He told me that they were highly rated on urbanspoon, trip advisor, and numerous other sources. apparently, he was questioning my bad experience and behaved as if I was the one with the problem. I said nothing and held back scathing words. It was very difficult for me to hold my tongue. He canceled our entrees at our request.Apparently, on this particular night, we had arrived just after they had a mad rush of people. Like most restaurants out there, while many may have glowing, positive reviews of a place, it's because they catch the staff at the right time. Apparently , the time we were here, all quality was compromised and all friendliness and attentiveness by the waitstaff were non-existent. I see alot of good reviews, but unfortunately our experience was so bad that we had to cancel dinner here. I'm sorry but the food we received was of such inferior quality for the price that I did not feel it was acceptable to not say anything or write anything about it. I have already told numerous people and my friends of this absolutely horrible experience we had. It was the first time I've ever in my life had to cancel my entree, and I will never ever come back to this place. It was a nightmare!!Nick

1  Thank Nick F
Reviewed January 4, 2013

too much expensive!!! 45€//60$ for a beer and 2 spaguettis!!! Quality was average, service was good, but the food definitely doesn't worth it!!! There are better and less turistic places!! Avoid this one!

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Worst place I ever been. Food way to expensieve. Waiting a half hour for desert and ask two times for the check. I complain about the tip/gratuity because i was not satisfy but I must pay the total bill.

Never I eat there again!!

1  Thank Eddie L
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Food was fine, but with all of the other choices available I would not return, I was ignored after I was seated, then they forgot my drink, didnt refill water . . . As I said, the food was fine and not special in any way. The service was disappointing and I would try other places rather than return.

1  Thank Ralph R