“try the lasagna”

Maxine's Bistro & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Maxine's Bistro & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #111 of 1,116 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: American, Cuban, Mexican, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Lasagna was very good and enough for two. The Cuban Maiha Maiha was overcooked. The Marguarita was hey...a Marguarita.

Violet G, Manager at Maxine's Bistro & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

It sounds like our lasagna made a great impression on you — thank for sharing your recommendation! I apologize if your Mahi Mahi was overcooked, though. Did you mention anything to your server? We're happy to take a dish back to the kitchen and make it perfect for you. I hope that you'll join us for more lasagna or to try some new menu items next time you visit Miami Beach!

Warmly,
Violet Gomez, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,850)

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Over the last few years Maxine developed into a Collins Ave staple, emerging from the pavement of the car dropoff for the Catalina Hotel. Now open 24/7 and featuring live music every night, it offers a broad menu of modest priced fare for every taste. Think diner-size menu but bistro flare. Service was extremely pleasant although a bit slow, but our burgers were, indeed, special. Next time, when our apetites are larger, we will go for the main entrees.

Violet G, Manager at Maxine's Bistro & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Thanks for sharing this detailed review! We're so pleased to be a Collins Avenue staple, and I'm glad to hear that we impressed you with our burgers and friendly service. I look forward to welcoming you (and your appetite) back again soon!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We arrived and waited for about 25 minutes for somebody to realize they had customers. I was just about to up and leave when a very pleasant Dora arrived to tend to us. This restaurant was ok. A touch pricey with their drinks for what it was, 6 Vodka shots (not topshelf) $80?? The food was good. The Buffalo Chicken strips tasted like a cross between Tilapia and Chicken Tenders and it was not "crisp on the outside" as the menu states. We were still left to pay for this questionable dish (without apology or replacement) after pointing this out to the manager. Again, Dora did her best to smooth over this very awkward moment.
This place does have an upside. It is comfy, cosy and excellent people, fancy car watching venue. I enjoyed the rest of the dining experience. Thank you Dora.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I'm glad to hear that Dora thoroughly impressed you, but I apologize that you weren't taken care of right away. Fast, friendly service is our standard, and I'm sorry if we fell short of that.

I appreciate your input on the Buffalo Chicken strips. They definitely should come out nice and crispy, so I'll make sure to pass your comments along to the kitchen.

I hope you'll come by soon to enjoy a cozy meal. I know that we have what it takes to wow you!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

good place. nice wraps and burgers with fries. nice service. Nice Area..................................

Violet G, Manager at Maxine's Bistro & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Andrea,

Thank you for the review! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our wraps and burgers. I hope that you'll join us again the next time you're in Miami Beach!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Richmond hotel breakfast is better go there - the food here is ok service ok but all a bit expensive

I'm sorry to hear that you found our food and service to be just okay. We pride ourselves in using great ingredients and cooking your meals to order. We find that our prices reflect that quality, but I'm more than happy to hear any specific concerns you have with a particular dish. Don't hesitate to get in touch to discuss this further. Thank you for your time and feedback!