“Great Garden Space”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Miami Beach
“Great Garden Space”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

If you can, ask to be seated at the Garden. It is absolutely wonderful. We have been here a a few times. The last time the service was miserable, but the food was still very good. We had a very tasty and filling brunch--good selection of dishes. I wanted for health reasons to vary the ingredients, but they will not do it. Another time we visited we had one of the best waiters who's ever served us. And that time the food was scrumptious. It makes a difference to seat in the Garden.

• Visited January 2012

Roma
“Be careful: this is a tapas restaurant”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Fist things: be careful, this is a tapas restaurant! The menu is totally misleading: prices seem good, but the portions are very small and you have to order 4/5 dishes each to feel satisfied. Everything seems to be studied to rise your bill, it is SO obvious. The waiter made us feel really uncomfortable, “advising” us to order the most expensive dishes and wines over and over again. He has literally ruined our dinner! At the end the food was good (nothing superb), the restaurant is nice, but it is not worth the price, $60 each just to feel ripped off! Go elsewhere if you want to relax while eating…

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Marlene80
Miami Beach, Florida
“CHARMING GARDEN”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

If the weather is good, ask to be seated in the garden, although the indoor space is modern and comfortable with an open kitchen. We dined entirely on "Starters to Share" and particularly enjoyed the shrimp skewers. We left just as a DJ was arriving to set up inside and were glad to escape what was bound to be shattering noise.

• Visited January 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“TERRIBLE service, overpriced food, played oldies all night”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Okay I really don't know how this got so many good reviews on Trip Advisor.... I gave a review on another site and mine was merely one of countless 1/5 ratings.

The food was decent but not worth the money (very small portions and only certain items on the plate had "flavor" which I was expecting much more of from a fusion-environment. But we probably would have given them a decent review (i.e. 3) if it hadn't been for the HORRIBLE SERVICE. Literally we waited 25-30 minutes (no exaggeration) from the time we had finished our eating for our waiter to give us the time of day to clear our plates, let me order another drink, and/or give us our bill. He ignored us even though he had to walk by our table to get to his other tables in a tiny little restaurant. I couldn't get his attention (I tried...maybe a little too politely given his blatant ignorance) and there wasn't even a food-runner in sight to take our plates. I wanted to walk out but I didnt want to be "that" person. I should have though... b/c would you believe that after that he added on a himself a 20% tip!!! I was outraged. I know waiters in South Beach give themselves 18% to avoid being shafted by the high volume of Europeans visitors who aren't used to tipping, but 20% when you just plain ignored us for almost half an hour?! I can't even believe he had the nerve to add a tip at all. And when you see their prices, you will know that 20% is a hefty amount. Basically he gave himself almost $19 for bringing us 2 drinks, dropping off our meals and then ignoring us for nearly half an hour. I would never recommend going here. They have no idea how to run a restaurant. Oh and they play the WORST music. I thought this was supposed to be a trendy place but it was oldies the whole time and I'm not talking 90s/80s... more like 60s. Buttercup? Are you serious? Save your money, seriously.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank fijiqueen
Weston, Massachusetts
“Outstanding food and service”
Reviewed December 3, 2011

This venue on 23rd and Collins has seen a few iterations as a restaurant but I think they have it finally where it should be.
Last night we wandered over because it was close and we hadn't been since last year, when it was a-tad disappointing.
We try and support our local small restaurants as we can be lazy about walking down Collins to where any of the "big"( read that very expensive ) restaurants are.
Such a nice surprise. The service was professional,timely and warm.
I started with one of their speciality mixed drinks, Adams Demise, and it was not overly sweet or overly priced and it was a good size and delicious.
The hubby and I like to share. No problem. We ordered the spinach salad and it was huge. You had to share it. To fill out the appetizers we tried the skewered shrimp and lamb. The sauces that these dishes were paired with were amazing.
For a main, we shared the black Cod. It was exquisite. It was a little over salted for my taste ( hubby didn't notice) but it was so delicious I didn't care.
For dessert I had bread pudding. A totally different presentation and delicious. I couldn't finish it but I brought it home. It was too good to leave.
As far as ambiance, it was South Beach music which we love even if it was just a smidge too loud. It wasnt as we we couldn't carry on a conversation.
A couple next to us were so chilled they had to go get their coats so perhaps the staff should be alert to signs of chilly guests. I did notice that as the room filled up with guests it got noticeably colder.
This just FYI as you might want to take a wrap with you.
In warmer weather they have a beautiful private open air garden to dine in.
The price, not bad for SoBe. $75 a head which included drinks, wine and tip. Good value.