“I was suprised the food was so bad”

Sazon Cuban Cuisine
Ranked #49 of 1,090 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Cuban, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: North Shores
North Jersey
“I was suprised the food was so bad”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Cuban food is one of our favorite foods. We hit up all of the local Cuban places in our area and make it a point to try different places when in the Miami area. The resturaunt Little Havana blew our socks off; it was so good and the prices were super. Sazon looked nice on the outside and received good reviews so we tried it out. It was clean, friendly staff, and good atmosphere. Prices reasonable too. My husband ordered Chicken with rice. I dont think it was Arroz con pollo, but maybe a half chicken with yellow rice and plantains. Nicely presented and cooked through. But 0 flavor. I had a piece of grilled mahi mahi with mango salsa, yellow rice and black beans. The beans tasted just like they came out of the can. No flavor. I do better at home. The fish was overcooked and i swear, couldnt have been cooked with anything. Not even a sprinkle of salt. The salsa was mango and onions. Once again, nothing extra added like cilantro or lemon juice, tomatos, etc. The rice was ok. I was supprised to have to add salt and pepper to Cuban food. We were very disapointed. This was our last night in Miami and should have gone back to Little Havana.

1 Thank bits77

• Korean first
Colorado
“Authentic, warm, welcoming...and absolutely the best!”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I had heard about Sazon from several friends in Colorado and it was at the top of my must-enjoy for dinner list. After a great meal here (and only average elsewhere in the area) I am sure this has to be the premier spot in Miami Beach for Cuban cuisine. The menu is comprehensive providing abundant opportunity to sample a range of dishes. The service was excellent and friendly. No wait for a table on a weeknight, and prompt service. Be sure to try the Sangria!! Our party had a little bit of everything and of course we shared with each other. Every dish was beautifully served, perfectly seasoned, the right temperature and supremely flavorful. A sure indicator of quality? Lots of locals. And AFFORDABLE!!!

New York City, New York
“better than average, good..not+”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Great location--plenty of parking; right near the beach. Cute stand alone cafe for sandwiches, cafe con leche (B+), batidos. I had the lunch special--shrimp in spanish creole sauce. $12 with 2 sides. Small serving (4 nice size shrimp) and very tasty.Older women clearly at the helm of the kitchen here...that's good. Service wasnt that friendly, diner oriented...maybe its a S. Florida problem.

Fairfax, VA
“Exellent and reasonably priced food near the beach”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We had the fish special and the fajitas at this Cuban restaurant, and thoroughly enjoyed them. The plantains were especially tasty - not too sweet, just right. We sat at the outdoor patio. The location is nice - just a block off the beach. Service was fine, but they didn't fill our water glasses. Overall, it was our best meal in Miami Beach!

1 Thank TheVirginian
“Excellent!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Great people, always they keep that latin flavor and price very affordable.
Every time I travel to Miami I have to go there!