“Disappointing meal”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Description: Delicious Italian Mediterranean cuisine served in a mesmerizing atmospheric historic gem, formerly know as The Versace Mansion. Patrons enjoy attentive service and a breath taking dining experience amidst an iconic jewel on Miami Beach's world-famous Ocean Drive.
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We booked here on our final night in Miami , on arrival we marvelled in the splendour of the court yard , when we got to our table it was very dimly lite in fact we had to use our lights on our phones to be able to read the very limited menu , we had our starter which was average we then waited for over one hour for our main course , the waitress was very apologetic saying we have a table of 30 people in the main dining room so we are struggling in the kitchen ,the food again was average , the manager did come over and apologise and took the cost of the drinks off the bill , in all a very poor last meal in Miami

There are newer reviews for Il Sole

Reviewed April 28, 2014

A longtime favorite place of mine to visit in Miami Beach. It was a delight that they opened it to the public. A true icon of luxury, Versace name lives on in another dimension, so one can now experience the luxury life style that Gianni Versace created. Villa Barton has done an excellent job living up to the Versace's high quality standard. The ambiance is amazingly beautiful and relaxing. The service is provided at the highest level. All offerings are handpicked from the best. Above all, I love the fact that in order to keep that high standard they don't let just anyone walk in from the street. They have extremely valuable furniture, and art work that can easily be damaged by the average drunken tourist on OceanDrive. Make resevations ahead of time. You will love it either for a romantice dinner for two or a special occasion with a group.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Service was amazing, the hostess was so well-spoken and beyond welcoming, the servers were knowledge and attentive and made us feel great. Drinks by the bartender were tasteful and the prices were definitely worth it. Food wise I was disappointed to see the presentation and taste fish that seemed like McDonald's would cook it better. They definitely need some work in the kitchen. The amazing experience was slowly killed off when the food arrived but to top it off, they apparently allow restaurant guests to strip to bikinis in the middle of the dining area and allow them into the pool meanwhile other guests are dining. Not the exclusive fine dining experience I expected. Someone must use the pool but it shouldn't be allowed during restaurant hours, just my opinion. It killed the ambiance, I had the chance to speak to other wonderful people sat next to us and they agreed on the bad quality of the food and the discomfort of having a girl in a bikini walking around as you eat. I really would have recommended this restaurant to all my friends who like to spend good money for a good dining experience at such a special site, but I don't agree with the lack of class we witnessed. It is the Versace mansion, we expect an environment with class and sophistication.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

We made a last minute decision to try Il Sole for our last night in Miami Beach, and I am so glad we did. It was our best Miami Beach meal and experience by far. We sat at a quiet table outside by the fabulous pool, which was perfect. The service was wonderful. The food was fantastic as well, especially the grilled octopus appetizer and Aegean cheesecake dessert. It was a beautiful setting and a wonderful evening.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Memorable! I came here for the view and was delighted to have an amazing dining experience and then some. As a solo female diner, I was treated very well -- the service was above and beyond anything I expected. From the hostess to the barman to the primary and other servers, everyone was end-to-end fantastic. The champagne, chicories salad, sea bass, and chocolate dessert were excellent. I saw many rooms of the estate and the environment as a whole is lush and beautiful. Special thanks to barman Milan M. and server Shane F. for making me feel at home and a great night!