“Fab Property in the Heart of South Beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Leslie Hotel

Leslie Hotel
Ranked #37 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Duxbury, Massachusetts
“Fab Property in the Heart of South Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

The Leslie Hotel is AMAZING!!!! I had read nothing but good reviews prior to booking our stay and I have to say everything greatly exceeded our expectations! To start with, the property couldn't be located in any better location ! You are situated right on Ocean Drive directly across from the beach! Anything you want, anyplace you want to go is within walking distance and the trip along the way to your destination is phenomenal! The room we stayed in was just beautiful. Decor is outstanding with clean lines and a contemporary fabulousness and was as clean as a whistle! Everything smells fresh and new and it was so nice to have 2 queens as opposed to the typical full size beds you see in most properties, it gives the extra comfort especially when you are staying with children. Roof top pool was a bonus and provided a view of the ocean that is unmatched! Additionally, having chairs and towels for the beach was a wonderful perk! As for the staff, I don't know where to begin! My first encounter was with Lily who has to be one of the most accommodating, helpful, professional and take charge individuals I have ever come across. We had a small snafu checking in the night before when she was not on staff however, the next morning she addressed the issue and made it her mission to get resolve sooner than later! She treated my family with the utmost respect and kindness and made our transition into a different part of the property seamless! Kadia is class with a capital C! This woman epitomizes grace and class and is most definitely the face you want to represent your establishment as clients walk in to stay at your property. My family just fell in love with her and she couldn't do enough to help us out during our stay! Pablo is one of the most lovely men I have ever encountered! Went out of his way to give us direction on certain places we shouldn't miss while visiting as well as giving us little tips on stores to visit, things to do and directions for locations we were interested in. He was even so kind to bring mangos from his home in one nite to give to my husband........unbelievable! Alisa is the only server you will ever want to sit with ever again no matter where you go! This young lady is one of a kind and the most pleasant, happy, exuberant face/personality you would ever want to encounter during your morning routine! She is a breath of fresh air that is infrequently found and the Leslie is lucky enough to have her in their employ! I can't say enough about these amazing people and this outstanding property! I feel the Leslie struck gold with the individuals they have chosen to surround themselves with as they are truly what is keeping guests coming back! When choosing to visit South Beach in the future (and I can't wait to plan my next trip) I wouldn't even consider another property!

Room Tip: Third floor is a great choice if you can get it! Close to pool and top floor so minimal noise!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Lynnie3113

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Turkish first
North Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I was pointed to this hotel by a friend and did not disappoint at all.
Rooms are super clean and beautifully decorated. Modern style. Pool is nice and very quiet, for relax 100%
The front desk personnel was not only friendly, but also very helpful. Excellent location, across the street from the beach!
I highly recommend this hotel and will definetly come back!!!

Room Tip: Suites are great, and the view is awesome.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank IGNACIO B
SOUTHGATE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

This is a great, fabulously located hotel. The staff is marvellous. I arrived very late. The night receptionist (Pablo?) was very helpful. The day receptionists, Kadia and Lily were highly professional, humorous and charming. The bar keeper, originally from Ukraine, made wonderful drinks and it was a pleasure to talk to her. The hotel faces the beach and is in the middle of everything at SB, i.e., everything relevant at South Beach is at walking distance. The rooms were clean and you got what you paid for.

The only minus was the breakfast, but I will not detract points for this, but I notice that I am not alone complaining. The owner(s) will learn that being a bit more generous might pay off. In fact, I pre-paid my breakfast and the second day, for a change, I wanted an omelette instead of scrambled eggs (that would have been served as part of the pre-paid breakfast). They did not allow me to pay for the difference and wanted me to pay the full price of the omelette. And this even though both omelette and scrambled eggs have the same price in case you order them a la carte. Where is the logic? Must one be so punctilious? I would have loved to pay some $5 extra for an omelette, but no, they asked for the full price. I advise all future guests not to pre-pay the breakfast. You have then more choice, are not confronted with their nitpicking rules, and can even have your breakfast at the surrounding places where they are less punctilious.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Georg G
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Everything what are u searching for u can find here. Fantastic place new rooms perfect restaurant ..it was the best choice ever !!!!!i can't tell even one bad word about this place .for sure we will come back here !

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Milena R
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for three nights and were happy and satisfied with our stay. They just opened a little over a month ago so everything looked fresh and new. We stayed in one of the suites: it was a great size, nicely decorated and clean. The layout of the room was a little off for me though- the sinks and mirrors were right next to the bed, the shower, though very spacious, didn't have a door and also just right next to the bed. The toilet was in a separate space.

We had dinner in their restaurant and was happy with both the food and service. Breakfast was also good. Alysa(sp?), server during the day was like a ray of sunshine. The doorman when we checked-in and worked during the day was also great (I'm so bad with names, I wish I can remember his name). The staff were actually all great and friendly.

We used their rooftop pool a number of times and was happy with it. It was nicely furnished with beautiful views. The pool area was quiet compared to other South Beach pools we've been to. They didn't have a bar in the pool area, I suppose contributing to the peacefulness up there. They provide chairs and towels for the beach.

I like the location of the hotel, basically in the middle of the noisy and quiet parts of Ocean Drive. The noisy part of Ocean Drive to the right and the more quiet part if you turn left. Some things they can improve on: have room service, have an ice bucket/ice, ironing board in the room, infos and reading materials in the room, block out window shade for the bathroom window. It's a nice hotel with lots of potential, would definitely stay here again when we find ourselves in South Beach.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WashingtonJonDC
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Had an excellent lunch, brunch at the outside Restaurant. The food was excellent. All four people in our party were able to get what they desired. My husband had a Cuban Sandwich, and my brother and sister-in-law had the tilapia, I had fruit and yogurt. We were all pleased. Our waitress was Alisia (Sp?) from Poland. She was cheerful, personable, and very attentive. I will definitely go back again, and would recommend it to anyone passing by on Ocean Drive.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

I felt i already knew the staff. With so many great reviews i arrived to miami with great expectations the leslie hotel and its staff matched those expectations. My company usually books at the marriot but that will definetly change after my experience at this hotel.

The pool on the terrace is huge the gym in the basement is decent. The hotel got highly trained staff ready to assist you as best possible. Lilly is very charming and likable, david is very knowledgeable, pablo will assist you with anything.

I would give the hotel another star if it was possible 10/10 in everything