New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #93 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Bronx
“Lovely Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I would like to thank the proprietors of the Breakwater for a lovely time. My room was on the Penthouse Floor and I must say the room was great. The design of the room was really nice. I liked how the bathroom was treated as separate room with a beautiful sliding glass door. I definitely would love to have one of this type of bathroom in my own home. The room was nice and quiet. Bed was extremely comfortable and the workers were fantastic. Shoutout to Stanley and Nicole and other staffers. They made me feel at home. Everytime I come to South Beach, I have a greater time than the last. This hotel in my view topped the Beacon Hotel which is a few blocks before this hotel. I like that you had IMAC workstations in the lobby. Very cosmopolitan. Keep up the good work at this hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel. My room was originally slated for Courtyard, but the Penthouse is even better. Thank you for treating me and my girlfriend so well. I love that you had newspapers and brochures in the lobby for visitors and you gave free water and beach towels. Breakfast was good as well. Love Ya!!!

Professor T-Love, Internet Radio Broadcaster
A Bowl of Soul A Mixed Stew of Soul Music
www.prn.fm @ 6pm EST
Live365.com, http://tinyurl.com/9f9807

Room Tip: Choose the Penthouse nice and quiet with a private balcony area and jacuzzi
    • 4 of 5 stars
Chauncey C, General Manager at Hotel Breakwater South Beach, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
It was great having you here visiting with us! Thank you for your kind comments and observations about our fun, non-stop hotel here in the heart of South Beach's Ocean Drive. We look forward to having you here with us again soon!

Chauney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the Breakwater hotel. I've been to Miami 7x since 2004 and this hotel was the best of them all, thus far. It is centrally located right on Ocean Dr between 9th and 10th st. Giving you easy access to the Hot Spots like Cleavlanders, Wet Willys, Fat Tuesdays etc. The Beach is right across the street, literally.

Inside the hotel, our room was nice, nice pillow top bed, complimentary water, coffee and tea. 50" flat screen. Huge full length mirror, 2 side end tables and a nice large desk. the bathroom is nice as well. Love the shower, but I was traveling with my husband, had I been traveling with my girlfriends, theres no privacy in the shower because its a clear glass stall with no curtain.

The hotel complimentary breakfast is decent. We stayed for 4 days so after the 2nd day we were looking for something different because the menu is just about the same daily (eggs, hash, sausage, french toast, bagel, croissant, cereal, coffee, juice).

Theres a nice roof top terrace that my husband and I relaxed on for about 2 hours straight. There's a long slender pool and many other amenities for one to take advantage of such as 3 apple computers in the lobby, free bike rental, gym.

Overall I really enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: If you don't plan on doing anything more in your room then sleep and get dressed, save a few dol...
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Jenell S
Chauncey C, General Manager at Hotel Breakwater South Beach, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
It was wonderful to have you and your husband visiting with us! Thank you for your comments and observations about our fun, active hotel here in the heart of South Beach's Ocean Drive. We look forward to having you here with us again soon!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

It was an overall great experience! The hotel was very nice. However, know that they will hold a $100 deposit for every night you stay that will be given back after you check-out if nothing was damaged in the room and there is a $24 fee for everyday you stay. I was surprised with all the hidden fees when I got there. Also, the only bad thing about my stay there was that we had to wait about 3 hours for our fresh towels to come to the room.. and we had just come from the beach. Imagine that wait! I called them 3 times and even offered to come get them myself but they said that there is only one housekeeper there. Other than that little mishap, we had a great stay and it is in the middle of everything on South Beach!

Room Tip: Ask them if they are assigning you a noisy room.
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for your comments and observations! Your feedback is very valuable to us and we endeavor to always provide a fun, active experience for our guests here in the heart of South Beach's Ocean Drive. We look forward to your next visit with us soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

First of all wanna give a shout out to my girl Natalie for looking out for me. She's the best!! I will totally recommend this hotel to everyone. The location is everything plus more!! At night they have a club right by the pool which is super cool!! And the view from my room (ph12) was awesome!!!! Best to believe I will be back!! Love, Cicily Sparks

Room Tip: Ask for the ph rooms they are the best!!
    • 5 of 5 stars
We are so happy you loved the hotel, because we loved having you here with us! Thank you for your kind comments about our non-stop hotel here in the heart of South Beach's Ocean Drive. Natalie and the team look forward to having you here visiting with us again soon!

Bolingbrook, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Natalie was extremely helpful before, during and after our stay. Anytime I had a question or was unsure, she was there ready and willing to help. Such a pleasant and beautiful person. When I do come back to Miami to visit, I will be sure to stay here and I hope that Natalie will be here to assist.
Pablo was very helpful as well. He made sure we were comfortable and whenever we seen him he greeted us with a smile. We felt protected and secure with his assistance. Great guy! Thankful for these two. Made our vacation feel like home and we will never forget. XO

Room Tip: Our room was on the 2nd floor in the corner and the view was beautiful. Amazing palm trees covered o...
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars
So nice to hear you enjoyed your visit with us! Natalie, Pablo and the team here at our hotel in the heart of South Beach's Ocean Drive loved having you here and look forward to you visiting with us again soon!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The room looked just as pictured online. I liked the decor and it was very clean. The hotel is centrally located to all of the action on South Beach. It is just two doors down from Mangos which is my favorite bar to visit on South Beach.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Chauncey C, General Manager at Hotel Breakwater South Beach, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
It was wonderful having you here visiting with us, Le'Barron! Thank you for your kind observations about our fun, non-stop hotel here in the heart of South Beach's Ocean Drive. It is good to hear we were so convenient for you situated between Mangos and all that is Ocean Drive! We look forward to having you here with us again soon!

Worcester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I recently stayed at Hotel Breakwater for a week and I found the staff and hotel itself AMAZING!!!! What ever I needed they were right there assisting me . I will def be returning . The location is perfect ! We were made to feel at home during our stay and it was greatly appreciated .

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Tishea22
Chauncey C, General Manager at Hotel Breakwater South Beach, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
It was so wonderful to have you here visiting for a week! I am happy you had an amazing time here at our busy, fun hotel in the center of South Beach;s Ocean Drive. We look forward to having you here with us again soon!