“Great little hotel”

Hotel Breakwater South Beach
Ranked #112 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is a great little hotel on Ocean Dr. However, it was just too noisy. E first night we were there we couldn't sleep until 3 because of the music outside. The pool is not good for relaxing because the air conditioning unit is so loud that it is impossible to enjoy any kind of quiet but the beach is right across the street and beach chairs are included in the resort fee which is a great bonus.
I can't say enough about the staff, friendly and very helpful from the moment you arrive!
This is a great hotel for younger people who stay out all night- for anyone in bed by midnight- not so much!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in back
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,850)

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We had such a wonderful experience.... went to stay 3 nights and we ended up 4 becasue we enjoyed it soooo much! had a birthday girl and they surprised us with a bottle in our room while we were out and the staff was so personal and fun;)

Lindsay Gately
Jena Farr

Room Tip: all have a greatness!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Hotel staff is AMAZING... Tatiana, Jose, Juan, Gabby, MaryJ just to name a few! Do yourself a favor and stay here! Clean modern rooms/ great bar/ across the street from the beach/ next door to the Clevelander! We had a wonderful stay! Be back soon Hotel Breakwater! From the fun crazy girls from Indiana!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Jan 5 A last minute trip to the BCS BOWL game turned out to be one of the best ever for me and my daughter. From the moment I walked into the lobby i was made to feel wecome, at home and that everyone on the staff wanted this to be a great experience for us. Amanda sweet and precious and so gracious started us off attending to our every need. What a special young lady! Each day she made sure to inquire if we needed anything or what service she could help us with. Natalie was a jem also. The bell captains were so nice and always asked if we were enjoying our stay and wanted to be helpful especially Alfie. Our room was a great mini suite with balcony and the heavenly beds are really heavenly. Our room was over OCEAN TENS CLUB with DJ and live band that rocked it out with a vibe. I am a senior and wanted to experience South Beach even if I was not completely in the middle of it all. Sleep was never an issue I can sleep at home. Thanks again Amanda for making all this happen. I loved this hotel and the staff who felt more like friends I was staying with that wanted me to enjoy their home and city. I would highly recommend a stay at at the Breakwater, the location and ambience just can't be beat. If you want cookie cutter, stay at a Hyatt. This boutique hotel is great and i hope to be able to return soon. FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank grandmotherwee
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Chose this hotel because I got a great deal and the location is great. I went with trepidation because of some bad noise reviews. There was some noise at night from music outside. However, we live in NYC and found the noise to be a complete non-issue. I'd go back without hesitation.

Rooms were very modern and clean, very comfortable bed. Location is perfect, right across from the beach with free chairs and towel. Also free bike rental which we used and enjoyed.

Now, the staff. Absolutely top notch! We couldn't believe it. They were routinely attentive enough to match hotels at five times the price. I mean it. They really made our stay here and I am comfortable recommending this hotel to all my friends and colleagues. Our stay here was a very pleasant surprise...wonderful.

Last but not least, I showed up with my tennis gear hoping to find a match or at least hitting a partner. After failing to set up a match/lesson/hitting partner a few times for various reasons the hotel manager, Jaime, actually offered to drive me to the courts he plays at after work to play! Talk about going above and beyond. Incredibly thoughtful and I won't forget it.

Thank you Jaime and Hotel Breakwater staff!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank zosojjc
Reviewed January 8, 2013

When we arrived here we knew we'd booked the perfect location for us: across from the beach, close to nightlife, a hotel with class and character and a bell hop that would provide you anything your heart desired. The club next door is noisy until the late hours and the hotel warned us of this but we live in Hollywood and are used to the night scene so it didn't bother us. We left saying, "we'll be back...."

Room Tip: Don't stay on the north side of the hotel if you don't want noise.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel, for my 50th birthday, I had such an amazing time! The rooms were spacious, modern and overall comfortable! We checked in late that night due to flight delays, when arriving at the hotel we were greeted by an amzing smile the would lighten up anyones day! and after a long flight and issues with the airline I coudnt have asked for a better Front desk agent, Jose helped us, with our luggages, offered us bottle of water, and was very well informed of the property and local areas, mentioned to us about the free international, local, and long distance calls, which was quite a suprise, he also mentioned they had bikes free of charge for us to use, and beach acess, whick included chairs and towels. He was so attentive. This hotel should be proud of having such a great employee. We stayed a total of 8 nights, After reading some of these reviews it amazes me how people think that South beach is a place to come and sleep, the noise is expeted, its the heart of Ocean Drive, if you want quiet dont come to the number one tourist spot in Miami, use your common sense, however My family and I stayed in an Ocean front penthouse, and there was no noise at all! we slept like babies, and wow are those beds comfortable! Jose became like family and after finding out it was my birthday, he sent up a comp bottle of champagne, and breakfast vouchers to enjoy at the lovely Nine restaraunt which is right down stairs. We will be back again this hotel and staff were GREAT!!!

Room Tip: Theres quiet rooms, just ask.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family