“AWSOME”

Hotel Breakwater South Beach
Ranked #112 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We were there for thanksgiving weekend and we were celebrating out 30th anniversary . The manager name Janina could not be any more awsome and the staff from the maids up to the management were so pleasant and helpful . We arrived Thursday and left on monday they were the same from start to finish . Do yourself a favor and book a room THE BEST ON SOUTHBEACH see how the staff is for yourself

Room Tip: we stayed on the 4th floor and have a great deck on top to sit and see the water and...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank h0tsh0t
Write a ReviewReviews (1,842)

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed at the Breakwater on South Beach on two separate weekends in November 2012.
The service and staff were super helpful on all levels, from getting me the best room and price available to suggestions on nightlife and where to go during my stay. The ladies at the front desk Natalie and Ana were amazingly warm and charming and ready to make my stay the best it could be.
Janina the Hotel Manager made my stay a pleasure and was very attentive making sure my room was up to my expectations and i was enjoying my stay.
Overall the rooms are very clean and modern the vibe of the hotel is very friendly and upbeat. The location is perfect on Ocean drive in the middle of all the action.
I would recommend Breakwater for a great place to stay on South Beach. Its a great hotel but what made it even better was the staff Natalie, Ana and the Hotel Manager Janina made me want to come back !!!

PAUL B (NYC)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank PBhurdler
Reviewed November 24, 2012

AVOID this place. Over-priced accomodations and restaurant.
They pulled the trick of billing me for mini-bar charges I didn't use after I checked out.
Rude and unresponsive help - especially management/front desk.
Power went out and air conditioning didnt work overnight.
MISERABLE place - you can do much better for less.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank leisureseeker_9
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We´ve stayed here last week for 7 nights and totally loved it! We´ve been upgraded since we stayed for a week and had a wonderfull room, very spacious!
The staff is all wonderfull and very helpfull. The hotel offers free wifi, free phonecalls, beachtowels, bikes etc..
We defenitely go back next year! Thank you all for the great service!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Rooms were neat. But my nightmare came just before I went to check out. The night I checked in they took the whole amount of my stay on my credit card and was never told there was going to be any holds on my card. Was out over $640.00 and could not pay any bills. This also happened to my friend that stayed in another room and her charges were more than mine. Was difficult to get hold of a manager to get cleared up and no one really wanted to help. Was hung up on a few times and they said they were to busy. They are great when you are in person but on the phone terrible service.

Room Tip: The pent houses were amazing views but the same as most rooms. My room was bigger than the penthouse...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Leilani P
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed in 2 penthouses, locked valuables in safe, went to dinner, got sick that night & next morning left & forgot valuables. When we called to tell them they totally ignored our pleas to check the safe, would not return phone calls, finally told us the things in safe were not there. What good is a safe if they go into it & take your things??? Would NEVER stay here or recommend anyone to do so either. It was a scam at my expense! We also ordered 2 drinks at the bar for a mere $42, what a rip-off!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Suzmoore
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night after taking a cruise. From the cruise port the taxi was about $30. The hotel is right across the road from the beach and right in the heart of south beach. The hotel is actually quite nice. The rooms are furnished nicely and are very modern. There is free wi-fi and also free local and international calls included as well. I was initially assigned I believe room 215 which is right next to the elevator. If you are a light sleeper I highly recommend against this room as you will hear and feel the elevator vibrate every time it's in use. Eventually, we got moved to another room after complaining to the front desk staff about the room. It took quite the effort to get us moved but eventually we got a room on the other side which had much better sound proofing. If you're planning on going partying all night then the noise around the area won't be an issue. If you normally go to bed early and want a good nights sleep I would suggest you not stay at one of the hotels on ocean drive because the music goes on till quite late.

There is a nice small pool overlooking the beach. It's a nice place to chill out for the day if you don't want to go to the beach. This is where I have my second complaint. They ran out of towels at the pool which is normally no big deal. I had asked one of the staff if they could get more towels. We waited and waited and then asked another person who said they would be on their way and still no one. We waited some more and then I walked down to reception about it and again they said they will send someone. At this point it's been a good 45 minutes and then someone else walked by and I asked again and finally got this last person to bring some towels. For a hotel trying to market themselves as a 4-5 star boutique hotel they need to make sure their service levels are more consistent and polished. If you're going to say you're sending someone send someone!

This hotel has the hard specs of being a great hotel... if I didn't have all these service issues I would have given them a 4/5.

Room Tip: avoid any of the rooms right next to the elevator
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple