“Our new SPOT in south beach”

Hotel Breakwater South Beach
Ranked #113 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed October 1, 2012

First time at this hotel with my boys in miami after a succesful football game, we decide to stay one more night in enjoy south beach and deciced to sat at the BreakWater Hotel and it was the best experience. As an African American have never see a place with such great customer service. We were greeted by a bellman, cool guy he's name is Jerman i belive help us (8 of us) with our luggage, greeted by every single employee that is passing by and the front desk young lady she told me her name was Daphney was super helpful and greeted us with her sexy smile (she is pretty and nice). she help us with getting a reservation for dinner, VIP table at a hip hop club called Mansion, suggested that we eat at the nine restaurant for good breakfast (it was delicious/not pricey) and call us after every request we had for housekeeping to insure we had it and she also tried to get us a discount because i work for the Government but she got the General manager to speak to me, oh and the room are brand new Daphney said they just open and remoled about 1year/half ago, they have two towers we stayed in the EDDISON. What hotel and staff you will find to accommodate your EVERY need? BREAKWATER WILL, trust me book your reservation now dont believe those reviews, if you complaining abt the noise then south beach is not the place for you, point blank...AWESOME HOTEL

Room Tip: Corner suit are larger and Oean front is BETTER but a lil noisier but nothing you cant sleep thru
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ray C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,850)

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed at this hotel as I found a 50 percent off deal, but even at this price I found the hotel to be poor value for money. The location is fantastic but I found the service very mixed, good occasionally but most of the time poor, and on occasion dreadful and completely rude. The hotel room had an air of being not quite clean. The wifi did not work either which was annoying. I have stayed in many boutique hotels in Miami beach and this was definitely the worst, I would not recommend it.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jojochristoff
MiamiSunManagement, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Breakwater South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

jojochristoff,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your honest feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! I am extremely sorry to read that you did not have an amazing time while staying with us! However I am happy to hear that the experience, was not completely terrible, and that you were able to enjoy the area for the most part. Regarding our WIFI we are doing everything possible to fix our connection issues as it was an internal problem with our server. If you plan on coming back please feel free to contact us directly and we will be more then happy to make sure your returned trip is the best experience possible.

Best Regards,
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed here 3-5 September. This was a great place to stay and very easy to find and get parked, reasonably priced (rate includes continental breakfast, wi-fi and all telephone calls - yes, even international calls. Natasha the front desk girl was was very helpful. breakwater hotel will be out new south beach hotel.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
MiamiSunManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Breakwater South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Monica H,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post such an amazing review on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! I am extremely happy to read that you had such an amazing time while staying with us! I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our phone service that allows, you to call Internationally, locally, and long distance for free. I am glad that Natacha was extremely helpful, as we always strive to provide the best customer service possible to all of our guest, we will make sure to praise Natacha for her good work. Thank you so much for selecting Break Water hotel as your future home for your next vacation, we will be thrilled to have you visit us again.

Sincerely, Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed September 26, 2012

First off let me start by saying I absolutely love this hotel. The rooms are well maintained and the staff is very knowledgeable about the area and extremely friendly. It was my husband’s and I first time coming down to South Beach, We stayed in their VIP Penthouse with a beautiful view of the ocean. The bed was heaven. The front desk girl, Natasha, was thee best. She recommended a local restaurant, Prime 112, where the food was absolutely delish and she give us passes to club Mansion. I wish all hotels on South Beach and elsewhere had this kind of A+ service.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dee W

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! I am glad that you had such a fun and relaxing time while staying with us! I am so happy to hear that we made your first trip to South Beach a memorable one, We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our VIP Penthouse, and its most comfortable bed. I am glad that Natacha was of great help, and recommended one of the best Restaurants in South Beach, we will make sure to advise Natacha of your great praise. Thank you for staying with us, we hope you return soon!

Beats Regards, Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed September 25, 2012

First time to this hotel, WILL ABSOULTY STAY AGAIN. Staff was very helpful, including Daphnee the front desk girl. was a great help! cant wait for our next vacation and to stay at this great hotel. Great location, food, drinks, and service. valet was simple, check in and check out was a vreeze. definently recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Brandon P,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! I am glad that you had such a fun and relaxing time while staying with us! So happy that you will choose us again for your next stay in South Beach. I am glad that Daphnee was of great help to your needs, we will make sure to advise her of your great praise. Thanks for your feedback on our Valet service, glad to hear that they provided you with great service, Hope to see you again soon!

Best Regards, Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I were in Miami on a short weekend trip. The hotel was a very pleasant surprise as it was absolutely beautiful and extremely clean (I'm very picky about hotel cleanliness). The staff was great and very accommodating. We will definitely return next time we're in Miami. For the reviews that complained of the noise, first of all - why would you stay right in the middle of South Beach anyways if you're on a business trip and you have to get up early every morning and sit in boring meetings all day?!? Second of all, it's South Beach which boasts one of the liveliest nightlife's in the world - a little noise is to be expected. The only reason this hotel didn't get 5 stars is because we didn't stay in a room with an ocean view.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

KDL17,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! I am glad that you had fun on your short trip to South Beach, with your husband, I am very pleased to hear that our hotel cleanliness, met your expectations as we always strive to have well maintained rooms for all of our guest. Indeed we are centrally located on Ocean drive where most night clubs and restaurants are located, good to know that you enjoyed the wonderful night life South Beach has to offer, hope you will be back soon to stay with us again.

Kind regards, Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed September 19, 2012

This hotel was very nice! It is smack in the middle of the very busy ocean drive, so please understand that it may not be as quiet as you may like. However, this is not the hotel's fault. IT IS SOUTH BEACH. If you don't like noise, go home. I had the suite with the jacuzzi on the balcony, and it was absolutely wonderful! The staff was very nice also. I also loved the many pics of Marilyn Monroe around the hotel and in the room, since I am a fan. The hotel is a bit pricey, compared to other hotels on the strip, but nonetheless it was a great experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo