“awsome” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #97 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Orlando, Florida
“awsome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed here 3-5 September. This was a great place to stay and very easy to find and get parked, reasonably priced (rate includes continental breakfast, wi-fi and all telephone calls - yes, even international calls. Natasha the front desk girl was was very helpful. breakwater hotel will be out new south beach hotel.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MiamiSunManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Breakwater South Beach, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Monica H,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post such an amazing review on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! I am extremely happy to read that you had such an amazing time while staying with us! I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our phone service that allows, you to call Internationally, locally, and long distance for free. I am glad that Natacha was extremely helpful, as we always strive to provide the best customer service possible to all of our guest, we will make sure to praise Natacha for her good work. Thank you so much for selecting Break Water hotel as your future home for your next vacation, we will be thrilled to have you visit us again.

Sincerely, Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

First off let me start by saying I absolutely love this hotel. The rooms are well maintained and the staff is very knowledgeable about the area and extremely friendly. It was my husband’s and I first time coming down to South Beach, We stayed in their VIP Penthouse with a beautiful view of the ocean. The bed was heaven. The front desk girl, Natasha, was thee best. She recommended a local restaurant, Prime 112, where the food was absolutely delish and she give us passes to club Mansion. I wish all hotels on South Beach and elsewhere had this kind of A+ service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dee W

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! I am glad that you had such a fun and relaxing time while staying with us! I am so happy to hear that we made your first trip to South Beach a memorable one, We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our VIP Penthouse, and its most comfortable bed. I am glad that Natacha was of great help, and recommended one of the best Restaurants in South Beach, we will make sure to advise Natacha of your great praise. Thank you for staying with us, we hope you return soon!

Beats Regards, Guest Relations Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

First time to this hotel, WILL ABSOULTY STAY AGAIN. Staff was very helpful, including Daphnee the front desk girl. was a great help! cant wait for our next vacation and to stay at this great hotel. Great location, food, drinks, and service. valet was simple, check in and check out was a vreeze. definently recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Brandon P,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! I am glad that you had such a fun and relaxing time while staying with us! So happy that you will choose us again for your next stay in South Beach. I am glad that Daphnee was of great help to your needs, we will make sure to advise her of your great praise. Thanks for your feedback on our Valet service, glad to hear that they provided you with great service, Hope to see you again soon!

Best Regards, Guest Relations Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I were in Miami on a short weekend trip. The hotel was a very pleasant surprise as it was absolutely beautiful and extremely clean (I'm very picky about hotel cleanliness). The staff was great and very accommodating. We will definitely return next time we're in Miami. For the reviews that complained of the noise, first of all - why would you stay right in the middle of South Beach anyways if you're on a business trip and you have to get up early every morning and sit in boring meetings all day?!? Second of all, it's South Beach which boasts one of the liveliest nightlife's in the world - a little noise is to be expected. The only reason this hotel didn't get 5 stars is because we didn't stay in a room with an ocean view.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
KDL17,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! I am glad that you had fun on your short trip to South Beach, with your husband, I am very pleased to hear that our hotel cleanliness, met your expectations as we always strive to have well maintained rooms for all of our guest. Indeed we are centrally located on Ocean drive where most night clubs and restaurants are located, good to know that you enjoyed the wonderful night life South Beach has to offer, hope you will be back soon to stay with us again.

Kind regards, Guest Relations Manager
Capitol Heights
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

This hotel was very nice! It is smack in the middle of the very busy ocean drive, so please understand that it may not be as quiet as you may like. However, this is not the hotel's fault. IT IS SOUTH BEACH. If you don't like noise, go home. I had the suite with the jacuzzi on the balcony, and it was absolutely wonderful! The staff was very nice also. I also loved the many pics of Marilyn Monroe around the hotel and in the room, since I am a fan. The hotel is a bit pricey, compared to other hotels on the strip, but nonetheless it was a great experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank E_Shay
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Will I stay at the Breakwater again???? Absolutely!!!!!
My husband and I travel to celebrate our wedding anniversary every year.
We stayed in the VIP Penthouse suite. DO NOT Believe all of the reviews you read.

This hotel Rocks! I cannot believe that other guests complained about the noise! REALLY!!!! Are you 60 years old or what??? This is south Beach. What do you expect? The noise, the live bands, and the crowds are a part of the Awesome South Beach atmosphere. If you are not ready to party UNTIL 3-4 AM, laugh at wasted pedestrians, or enjoy great entertainment, then stay at least 4-5 blocks off of ocean drive :) As soon as we arrived, we were greeted with smiles from everyone. We were able to check in early. Jaime C (General Manager) and Jose P at the front desk Rock!! They were very personable and accommodating. The food was amazing! you must eat their breakfast and have a beer. The drinks are HUGE!!! The room was very clean and the beds were like laying on clouds. I think that the people next door heard me and my hubby snore! Lol.

The concierge desk was accommodating as well. If we needed directions or even specific restaraunt detail of our choice, they were happy to provide them. Do they want you to stay and eat with them? Of course, yet they were still very nice about ensuring that we had a great experience during our stay. Upon departing from the hotel, we left our luggage in their secure luggage room to give us time to grab a bite. A cab was later called and our luggage was taken to the car for us. AWESOME SERVICE, AWESOME FOOD, AWESOME ACCOMODATIONS

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ROCHELLE B
Houston, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

We were staying at a swanky five star on Biscayne and decided to go for something closer to the beach. After meeting some people on South Beach who were raving about the place, we decided to just go take a look. I was very impressed. The lady at the front counter was super accommodating and gave a cheap walk-up rate that we couldn't turn down. We were last minute so we didnt get a great view, but the room was clean and the hotel was full of twenty somethings having as much fun as we were! The elevators only operated with a room key, so that was perfect to lose the people that followed my friends home from a night of partying! This is definitely our new Miami hotel!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Vidal L,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! I am glad that you had such a fun and relaxing time while staying with us! I am very sorry to hear about your horrible experience, at your previous hotel selection, I am glad to know that we turned your stay in Miami, from bad to great! Thank you for you praise towards our Front desk staff, we always strive to make your experience with us a great one in all aspects. Thank you for choosing us for your next stay we will be more then happy to have you back again!

Best Regards, Guest Relations Manager