“Birthday for a Fiance”

Hotel Breakwater South Beach
Ranked #112 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed July 31, 2012

After having our flight cancelled because of sporadic NYC weather, we finally arrived at the Hotel Breakwater. At check-in, the Manager of Rooms, Jaime, took immediate action to remedy any inconvenience that we had been put through. He upgraded us from a standard room to a Penthouse Suite, with a Jacuzzi and a private roof-deck. Needless to stay, our room and stay were wonderful. With complimentary champagne and the type of service that is hard to come by at any beach destination, I couldn't have been happier. My fiance was extremely pleased as-well.

Thank you Breakwater Management and Staff!

Room Tip: Talk to Jaime.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,850)

Reviewed July 30, 2012

The staff was friendly, the service was good, and the prices were reasonable. We had a party of 13 and were accommodated very well. The bathrooms were spotless (signs of a good clean restaurant). I would definitely recommend this restaurant to any of my friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Definitely a great hotel! We were greeted by friendly and helpful staff. Upon check-in we requested a quiet room and the one that was given to us was. Very big room, clean, well furnished and equipped with every comfort. Cleaned daily. Good internet connection. Parking a bit pricey but in line with those of South Beach, with valet parking service convenient and efficient. At the beach, there to enjoy the convenience of two chairs and towels to take daily. We stayed in several hotels of South Beach and this is definitely a step above the rest. If we return to Miami Beach and we still have the good fortune to find an offer for this hotel (which otherwise appears to be a bit expensive) we will stay there again no doubt!

Room Tip: ...ask a quiet room if you don't want noise
Reviewed July 8, 2012

There are no prices on the drink menu but those drinks are huuuuge. I guess it is the price of purchasing 4 drinks all at once. The food was decent. I had a turkey club. Nothing very froo-froo about it except for the surprise we all had on our faces when the drinks arrived. I was very happy with it. The service was excellent. We sat outside on the sidewalk where people were walking by. It really helped us enjoy the vibe of the south beach atmosphere. I recommend going around 6pm when the sun starts setting because the beach in the distance and the drinks in your hands really help you start off the night with a bang. Side Note: i chose 3 for the rooms because i clicked on it by accident but Trip Advisor doesn't allow you to deselect it. Sorry about that. I wouldn't know the first thing about what the rooms look like. I highly recommend the restaurant though. I am sure there are nice rooms in the hotel since it is located right on the strip.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We had such an amazing stay at Breakwater South Beach that we did not want to leave and actually extended our stay for a couple more days! From the moment we stepped inside the hotel, we already knew that this is going to be a wonderful experience - we were greated by Jaime who was so incredibly helpful and kind and welcome us in the best possible way. He made sure through our entire stay that everything is going well and provided us with best possible assistance for an unforgetable experience. We want to thank Jaime for all his help from day one until the end of our trip and for making us feel so welcome! We also want to thank German for the great sightseeings suggestions and for always being so helpful! The hotel has a perfect location, in the center of Ocean drive, steps from the beach and best restaurants, in fact its own restaurant is great for dining too. We are telling all our friends and family what a great experience we had at Breakwater and we are already planning to come back again in August!
Nikoleta & Radoslav from NYC, (room 317)

1  Thank 2016nyc
MiamiSunManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Breakwater South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Dear Nikolet Y,

Thank you for your response! Our staff as always is very eager to provide you with any assistance during your stay and our service is what separates us from the rest! Please contact us should you need any assistance during a future stay!

Reviewed July 1, 2012

I must say this was by far the best hotel I have ever stayed in! Great location, room were spacious and extremely comfortable. I have to give a special thanks to the Night Audit manager for providing us with excellent service! Jose thank you for going above and beyond to fit our needs, this gentlemen was working with a terrible flu and was still able to pull it together and help us enjoy our stay! Keep up the good work you'll make it far! Overall our experience was phenomenal!

• Stayed: June 2012

Dear Thebrowns101,

We really appreciate those kind words, We'll make sure to give our Night Auditor plenty of praise on your behalf! We sincerely thank you for choosing our Hotel and as always expect you with open arms on your return.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

I have to write a review about this hotel bc before I travel anywhere I read reviews. This hotel should be a 5 star because they met my needs in all areas from the time I got out the car to arriving to my room. Things that made me nervouse while reading prior reviews were noise level and year hotel was built As far as noise level I called prior and asked for a room away from the noise and I was placed in room 206 and slept like a baby all 3 nights ( no noise). Next the concern of the hotel being shut down and reopened threw me off. The hotel should just say we reopened in 2011 because everything is new and updated, and don't be fooled about the appearance on the outside of this hotel bc it looks old online but very nice in person..It's in the center of every attraction from the beach, to shopping, restaurants, and clubs. The whole staff must be paid to smile and speak every day as well...You just catch a plane then a taxi and enjoy the fun. Valet can be a little cheaper $35 a day is high when guest are charged $20 and the $15 a day fee for beach usage is high especially if you don't go to the beach everyday you here but we got a good deal so it was all good. If I every visit South Beach again I will stay here again.. Thanks Breakwater for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank TravelYOLO

Dear TravelYolo,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Breakwater! Yes, we are in the middle of all of the action so if when choosing Breakwater, you know you will have plenty to do and plenty to see while being pampered with our service and our care. As always it's best to recommend that you let us know in advance which room you would prefer as it helps us to better assist you. Let us know when you'll be in Miami Beach next time so that we can provide the best experience you deserve.